[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anybody, that is not dual-booting, rolled back to a previous
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
Has anybody, that is not dual-booting, rolled back to a previous version of Windows or an entirely different OS from Windows 10? Why or why not?
>>
>>53634547
There's no reason why you couldn't dual boot; the fact of the matter is its a shit os.
if you have important shit to do that you can only do on windows, you're fucked.

cunt.
>>
>>53634547
No, why would you downgrade if most if not all of worthwhile updated software works?
>>
>>53634547
the only time i've "roll'd back to another OS, is when the OS i have installed doesn't work on the current machine (IE laptop from 2009)
>>
>>53634547
Decided to dual-boot this past January because I gotta fight with Windows 10 to make older games work when they gave me no trouble in W7 64 bit. Went with a 32 bit windows 7 though since all of my recent games work just fine or better on w10.
>>
I used windows 10 for, I dunno 4 days, then reinstalled windows 7 because programs were wonky and ran like shit half the time.
>>
File: Capture.png (38 KB, 588x367) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
38 KB, 588x367
>>53634547
Rolled back to 7 from 10 on all 3 of my computers because 10 is complete shit in its current state. Limited control over updates, file associations resetting constantly, 750mb+ of bloatware packaged with the OS, the botnet, drivers rolling back.

Had to replace the start menu, task manager, and msconfig just to get back functionality that existed in 7. Spent about 3 hours trying to de-botnet the OS, and it's not even possible without router firewall rules or crippling the functionality. Even then it's still sending ~20x as much data back as 7. I have a whole folder of scripts and 3rd party software just to unbreak windows 10, and even then it's barely useable and still buggy as all hell.

It soft bricked my HTPC 2 times from clean installs.

Linux mint is comfy so far though.
>>
Went to Mint on every computer in the house because I've had enough of Currysoft's shit.
>>
>>53636593
hipster, literally nothing you said is valid except the bloatware thing which isn't a problem if you have a hard drive made for humans
>>
>>53634547
Yeah I upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 7
>>
I'm upgrading my shitty 150€ laptop to win10 to see what's it like and does software work.
>>
>>53642079
Don't do it
>>
>>53642291
already upgrading, 1% done.
>>
>>53642291
>>53642305

13% now, shits slow af
>>
>>53642431
Enjoy your botnet and tablet UI
>>
>>53634547
went from win8 to win10/linux dual boot and now just linux because win10 was getting annoying

I feel like I have more time to shitpost now that I don't waste it all playing games
>>
Yep, my 7200 had is windows 7, my 5400 for Windows 10 for muh games. Then I will be creating a new partition on my 7200 and taste some distros.
>>
File: 1458175415872.jpg (92 KB, 811x1040) Image search: [Google]
1458175415872.jpg
92 KB, 811x1040
I did a few times. Upgraded, had trouble getting used to it, reverted back to my comfort zone.

But with my last upgrade I've gotten used to 10 and definitely prefer it to Windows 7 now.

>but muh updates
>implying any of you fags were auditing your updates before 10 came around

>but muh botnet
>having something to hide
>>
>>53634547
I installed W10 in my DELL laptop and I couldn't connect to my router with it. So I downgraded back to W7.
>>
>>53643107
imo windows just isn't as nice to use as linux

expecially if you can really make it your own which isn't that easy to do in win10 afaik
>>
>>53643107
>hurr I don't have anything to hide so I don't need any privacy
Please share your private photos and documents with us.
>>
>>53643212
I'm talking about illegal content not personal content. There's literally no proof that MS is looking through your personal pics

Also >implying my pictures folder isn't 100% maki pics
>>
>>53643462
>I'm talking about illegal content not personal content
It doesn't matter what you talk about, Windows 10 violates your privacy.
>There's literally no proof that MS is looking through your personal pics
There is proof that Microsoft spies on you though. And the fact that it isn't proven doesn't mean that it's not true.

Would you let a random person look at your data like Microsoft does? I don't think so.
>>
>>53644431
>There is proof that Microsoft spies on you though
Like what?

>And the fact that it isn't proven doesn't mean that it's not true.

There's no proof that there's not a teapot orbiting the sun, so I guess we can state for sure that there is one right?
>>
>>53641111
underrated
>>
>>53644463
There's no proof that NK has nukes either
>>
>>53644463
But there are teapots orbiting the sun. Millions in fact. They're here on earth.
>>
>>53644463
>Like what?
Do I seriously need to explain to you why Windows 10 is a botnet?
>There's no proof that there's not a teapot orbiting the sun, so I guess we can state for sure that there is one right?
But there is actually proof that Microsoft is collecting data from you.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.