[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
rooting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: main-1.jpg (81 KB, 1280x650) Image search: [Google]
main-1.jpg
81 KB, 1280x650
I crashed my HTC m8 and had to do a factory reset today. thought I'd try rooting it so I could get rid of all the forced installation aps I hate..

however I cant seem to find a sure fire way to root it, plus any method I can get on fails.

any ideas, tips?
>>
>>53632582
Most phones (Samsung found a way around this) can be rooted by putting the phone overnight in a glass of root beer.
Make sure the phone is TURNED OFF!!!
This works, as the locking chips change states when they come in contact with some of the chemicals found in root beer, hence the name.
Do this on your own risk.
>>
>>53632582
I have rooted mine long-long time ago, and it wasn't easy but the one method that helped me was posted (on xda) and tools ware made by a guy that has the word "sun" in his xda username
sunshine or sundream. some stupid shit like that. he has a tool for s-off-ing as well that costs 25 dollars.

I hope this is helpful :)
>>
>>53632711
it has been thanks.
trying to avoid spending money though. always thought this was a straight forward thing, but it's nightmarishly tedious just finding anything that works
>>
trying this thing called "kingo root"
gets to 19% and locks up..
>>
OK op, I will tell you what to do if you don't have money to pay for sunshine. You can't do anything. It's the end of the line. I assume you are on Verizon, because I am in the same boat. The Verizon jews locked the boot loader. The only way to unlock it for free was a tool made 2 weeks after the release of m8. You can't use it anymore. It relies on a server to unlock your boot loader. I used it on my older phone, that broke, and I had a great time with the boot loader unlocked. It is a mess now with the new one. Longevity only roots temporary, aka until reboot. The development is dead. Glhf
>>
>>53632582
I rooted my brother's by...
Unlocking bootloader (htc developer account online)
Install twrp through adb shell commands
Install supersu
Turn off s-on via rum runner

And it's been going good ever since
>>
>>53633477
you cant do that on verizon. The jews are not alowing unlocking bootloader through htc developer.
>>
Unless you are Verizon, you can unlock bootloader using HTC Dev website.
>>
>tfw my htc one m8 came rooted and s-offed
Thanks China.
>>
>>53633477
Wait are you sure rum runner works on the m8?
>>
I'm in UK, and I'm on EE.

I am as far as trying to do get the bootloader working with cmd prompt and getting the token.
but it just locks at < waiting for device >

I think it's a driver problem, but my pc cant find any better ones.

this is well tedious. I just want these shitty programs off my phone
>>
OP again.

I've followed this guide, and it seems to have worked. Just a heads up for anyone lurking who mighta been interested

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-j6ZUFkVNfM
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.