[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
AHEAD OF ITS TIME
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: wefty.png (200 KB, 652x370) Image search: [Google]
wefty.png
200 KB, 652x370
Examples of excellent technology products that people only realised were awesome when they were close to being killed.

How do we prevent this from happening over and over again?
>>
>>53631925
Nice bait. Back to tumblr with you.
>>
why is there no news for the meme NX
>>
>>53631956
Nikkei just reported that the WiiU production will end in 2016. take that for NX rumors if you want

also a patent involving cloud computing with sharing device cycles when not in use, giving rewards to those users in exchange
>>
>>53631925

>Gamecube 1.3
>Normal controller attached to low res tablet
>Ahead of its time
>>
>>53632019
NX hardware looks like it will be a 900p tablet with proper onboard processing
>>
Wii U is actually a flop, though. Not a dreamcast flop, but a nintendo powerglove flop. Nintendo is abandoning it, so buying it now is a waste. It has no games, and it will continue to have no games because nintendo is releasing a new console within a year. Hopefully they learned their lesson that people don't want a giant tablet as a controller.

I really want nintendo nx to be good.
>>
>>53631925
>>>/v/
>>
>>53632087
I only have one to play Splatoon.
>>
>>53632129
that's the only reason why i want one, but don't have the money to justify buying a console for one game
>>
>>53632169
Something like Monster hunter I would... kinda understand but mediocrity such as splatoon with little content?
>>
>>>/v/
>>
>>53632058
>2005+11
>900p
>>
>>53632195
i haven't played splatoon, but it looks fun
>>
The WiiU was an OK system. The tablet gimmick was retarded though. Honestly if they'd simply put the money they wasted on that tablet shit into the system itself, it could have been a direct competitor to the PS4 and XBone.

Their other big mistake was calling it the WiiU. That was an absolutely fatal marketing error. People got confused. Did you buy a WiiU? No I already own a Wii. But the WiiU is a different system! Oh really? That kind of shit is not what you want. They needed to give the console a completely different name, and then advertise backwards compatibility with the Wii as if it were some killer feature. If I were Nintendo, whoever thought up "WiiU" would be fucking fired.
>>
>>53632249
Just be glad it's not 1366x768.
>>
>>53632250
I played it for like a week. It's pretty fun really, but not something I could play for a long ass time. Kind of similar to Counter Strike or Unreal Tournament I guess. You play it for a while, get bored, and move on. Every once in a while when you need your FPS fix, you go back for a few days.
>>
>>53632259
Nintendo has been having a lot of trouble with names lately, most notably by adding "New!" in front of the old name. It's really confusing, especially when it comes to the NEW 3DS
>>
>>53632249
well yeah, Nintendo is the Apple of gaming
>>
File: 1380859365607.jpg (184 KB, 405x720) Image search: [Google]
1380859365607.jpg
184 KB, 405x720
>>53632329
>>
>>53632087
Everybody who's actually used it likes the tablet controller. People didn't buy Wii U because it doesn't have any 3rd party AAA realism games.
>>
>>53632403
Lots of people didn't buy it because of the lack of the controller, so they didn't buy it. So they never tried it. It was a mistake.
>>
>>53632315
Yeah that was retarded too. I bet you a lot of people have no idea there are two different types of 3DS or what the difference is. I was retarded enough to buy a 3DS at launch and overpaid like a moron, so I got "ambassador" status which was utterly worthless in the long run. When the New 3DS came out, I bought one immediately because I heard it had a more powerful processor and a second stick. Didn't realize it was a fucking clit nub.

The things just gathered dust on my shelf for most of the time I owned them. Then a month or two ago, I found "Hacking and Homebrew General" over on /vg/ by accident and realized how far the 3DS scene had come. Once I had CFW on it, the dam burst and I've been using the shit out of it now. Got arm9loaderhax running on both of my systems last night actually, so I'm pretty much set for life now.

>>53632403
Fucking nope. I bought a WiiU at launch and have consistently avoided using the tablet controller. The only times I use it are when I am forced to, like in Xenoblade Chronicles X for setting probes. The WiiU pro controller is shit too, I use the Wii Classic Controller Pro whenever possible and I got the official Gamecube adapter with Smash (which was shit btw).
>>
>>53632087
>buying it now is a waste

You'll miss out on most of the best games of the last 5 years

Only console that does 1080p 60fps Netflix streaming as well
>>
>>53632441

I love the tablet c9ntroller. It's the most natural way to play a game like Mario Kart or Smash Bros
>>
>>53632441
>which was shit btw
Should have gotten the mayflash one. It's better, cheaper, and has PC support.
>>
>>53632466
How ironic that most of the best games on the console are all coming out at the end of its lifetime. The WiiU has had fucking shit for games for years. The only shit I own is Bayonetta 2, Smash (garbage, I miss melee), MH3U, Splatoon, Hyrule Warriors (what a fucking disappointment with local multiplayer only), and Xenoblade Chronicles X. I had been planning to get Starfox, but it comes out right after Dark Souls 3, so that'll be on hold til Christmas, and I'll probably be busy with the new Zelda then (assuming they keep to their 2016 estimate). And after that, WiiU is probably EOL, so that'll be it. A depressing console really. Though Xenoblade was totally fucking worth it. I easily poured 120 hours into that.

>>53632548
Didn't exist until later on, I bought the Smash Bundle that came with it.
>>
>>53632642

Games have been coming out for years. Splatoon is literally the best shooting game of all time!
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.