[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What version of TrueCrypt am I supposed to download?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: truecrypt.jpg (12 KB, 298x370) Image search: [Google]
truecrypt.jpg
12 KB, 298x370
What version of TrueCrypt am I supposed to download?
>>
>>53631625
7.1a
NOT the 7.2, she is comprised.
Also this question should be asked in a /sqt/ thread.
>>
>>53631625
I downgraded to 1:7.1a-2 because I couldn't mount on 1:7.1a-3.
>>
>>53631625
the good one
>>
>>53631677
What happened with 7.2
>>
VeraCrypt
>>
>>53631625
>Using TC
What the fuck is wrong with you people?
>>
>>53631737
We don't exactly know what append, but suddenly they said every previous version before the 7.2 where compromised, and every user should switch to bitlocker (witch is made by Microsoft).
It append in 2014-15, and since they didn't update the website, or said anything else.
My guess is the US government made pressure on the developers, and they had to compromise the next version of TrueCrypt without saying anything to anybody. The only way they could warned us was to appear suspicious.
TLDR : the jews won again.
>>
>>53631875
>>
>>53631625

don't listen to those imbeciles. use bitlocker, op.
>>
>>53632499
Bitlocker is proprietary and therefore has NSA backdoors.. oh wait you're trolling, nvm.
>>
>>53631875
>>53632171

NSA fork
>>
use whatever the fuck you want. the federal government isnt going to seize you fucking computer unless you are sending emails to fucking iran or something stupid. and even then, you wouldnt last more than 1 night in jail you fucking nerd.

you encrypt your device in case its stolen, in which case no one is going to bother breaking through a fucking windows password much less trying to figure out what the exploits in something like truecrypt are
>>
>>53631625
7.1a. Or Veracrypt.
>>
>>53633870
hello NSA
>>
>>53633125
>He thinks that if something is open source that means it is better

Holy shit, I break to the news to you kid but all you do is let other people tell you what you want to hear. Open source shit is time and time again shown to include glaring bugs that existed for years, DECADES even in the fucking open before being caught.

Yeah, no shit that if its closed source who knows, but don't for a fucking second try to act superior like you yourself did a fucking audit of something this complicated.
>>
>>53633888
you literally cannot prove me wrong. if the nsa actually cared about you they would simply wait for you to be on the machine to grab it or the data on it.
>>
>>53633853
sauce?
>>
>>53632499
If you trust BitLocker you're a fucking retard.
>>
>>53631921
TC will keep your shit safe if Joe Smoe robs you, but nothing is keeping the botnet out.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.