[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
But Can she play crysis ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0_ DPi0PmF0
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 8
But Can she play crysis ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0_DPi0PmF0
>>
why do we want them to look human like?
>>
>>53629025
>hot
>>
File: Vitas.jpg (35 KB, 500x216) Image search: [Google]
Vitas.jpg
35 KB, 500x216
>>53629025
She is ok in my book.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmqGBLsDuoQ
>>
>>53629163
So we can fuck em easier
>>
>>53629292
We fuck them before they fuck us .
>>
File: 1458676006.webm (129 KB, 987x555) Image search: [Google]
1458676006.webm
129 KB, 987x555
>hot
This is the western epitome of beauty?

kek
>>
>>53629025
>so the leaders of man conceived of there most desperate strategy. the destruction of the sky
>>
That thing is horrifying. It's like they tried to build a bridge over the uncanny valley and ended up building a haunted house instead.
>>
>>53629397
hot compared to no skin https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8K90hX4PrE
>>
File: Ex-Machina-Download-Wallpapers.jpg (202 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
Ex-Machina-Download-Wallpapers.jpg
202 KB, 1600x900
>>53629163
There's a good explanation given in that Ex Machina movie.

If given the choice between interacting with a gray box and a human we choose to interact with the human. We're motivated by base sexual desires to communicate with other people, so we feel extremely comfortable talking to objects if they look like other humans.

They mentioned this might be used in therapy or customer service. Our level of comfort in communicating with a robot in these circumstances would be a lot higher when they appear human. A gray box using extremely choppy speech to communicate doesn't give nearly the same mental or psychological impression that a human-shaped speaking robot does.
>>
File: Prometheus animatronics.gif (2 MB, 636x288) Image search: [Google]
Prometheus animatronics.gif
2 MB, 636x288
>Capable of natural facial expressions.
That's a bit of an exaggeration there buddy.

They should seriously hire some professional animatronics people to do these faces.
For example the studio that did stuff for Prometheus, those guys do some god tier animatronics that actually looked convincing. Pic related.
Instead they do the faces and bodies themselves and the results are utter shit.

Also what this guy said >>53629163
They should try making one that looks like Sorayamas robot paintings or something.
That would at least get the "robot" aspect there.
>>
>>53629500
Based album

>>53629566
I can see your point but only if they looked Ex Machina level quality. If I were trying to get money back because my Dunkin Donut tasted like scrote and this bitch kept making disqusted faces at me while telling me about her dreams I would be irate
>>
File: War.png (177 KB, 592x256) Image search: [Google]
War.png
177 KB, 592x256
>>53629025
its gonna happen
>>
File: 11lpgf8.jpg (24 KB, 276x280) Image search: [Google]
11lpgf8.jpg
24 KB, 276x280
>people try to make robots more human like
>they have to program them to be stupid and random on purpose so they look more like humans
>>
>>53629645
Making them too human-like would defeat the purpose of robots.
>>
>>53629645
I'm sure they'll program them to be a little quirky when prompted, like Cortana or Siri, but that's only to humanize them and encourage communication.

Robots wouldn't act irrationally or random unless prompted.
>>
>>53629694
literally the only reason to make human like robots is for sex
>>
>>53629163
That's what I never got about Blade Runner.
>>
I sometimes feel like the "Human" part of these machines is programed by someone who looks at humans through a slit in the basement window curtains.
No living human makes those faces in circumstances where they aren't directly looking at piece of shit they just stepped in.
And the switch
As if it just realized its not shit it's chocolate.

Also the sentences these things make are shit weired.
No one refers to people as humans. Can not is also a turn off.
I mean it's a wonderful piece of engineering but it could be made so much better with a few little hammer blows to the kinks
>>
>>53629756
Do you know how complex and difficult it is to accurately graph the entirety of human expressions? Not to mention the part of the brain that recognizes face is one of the most advanced parts of your mind. Think about how easy it is to recognize people compared to animals. Humans don't look that different all things considered, we're just really good at recognizing the subtle curvatures of people's faces and imprinting their appearance in our mind.

Of course these early stage machines need a little work, that shit is hard.
>>
>>53629819
>Not to mention the part of the brain that recognizes face is one of the most advanced parts of your mind.
And yet a baby can recognise its mother.
Amazing, no?
>>
>>53629755
>replicant
>robot
choose one
>>
>>53632050
Still what's the point of making a replicant that's indistinguishable from humans. I guess it works for pleasure models, but apart from that?
>>
>>53629819
>Do you know how complex and difficult it is to accurately graph the entirety of human expressions?
BIg data.
Deep Face.
>>
>>53632069
espionage
>>
>>53632025
>And yet a baby can recognise its mother.
>Amazing, no?
No, because the baby will literally recognize the first thing it sees as its mother, even if its not its mother.
>>
>>53629025
Her facial expressions aren't quite there yet. Makes me feel uncomfortable.
>>
>>53629489
This
>>
>>53629025
Looks really disappointing. I saw shit just as advanced as this 12 years ago. Why isn't technology making any progress?!
>>
>>53629025
not technology
>>>/v/
>>
This is as bad as those animatronics they have at Disney world. The jerky motion is always what annoys me the most. Why can't they make naturalistic human motion?
>>
>>53634498
>Artificial intelligence isn't technology
take your frogs and feels and get out
>>
KILL IT WITH FIRE NOW
>>
>>53629397
>maybe she's born with it
>maybe it's maybelline
>>
>>53629397
so lifelike
>>
>>53629163
My first thought as well.
If they look non threatening, like Data, ok.
This puppet looked horrifying. And its facial contortions made it worse.
I'd rather have the voice control and get a star trek like computer voice.
>>
File: 1441567041131.png (158 KB, 291x287) Image search: [Google]
1441567041131.png
158 KB, 291x287
>>53629025
>>53629397
Still more lifelike than your average best buy shopper.
>>
>>53629500
that fucking robot scares the shit out of me, man.
>>
>>53629025
why does it remind me of hillary clinton??
>>
>>53637718
arr rook same
>>
>>53633037
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncanny_valley
>>
>>53629397
Put a wig on it and she looks like Jessica Nigri, goddamn.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.