[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So this guy owns a shop next to my familys hotel (pic is not
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1
File: download.jpg (7 KB, 194x259) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7 KB, 194x259
So this guy owns a shop next to my familys hotel (pic is not him) and being the fedora wearing fucktard that he is, he thought he could advertise to our customers, so he opened a wifi which, because of the layout of the hotel, is a bit stronger than ours and he made a login screen with ads. I am pretty useless when it comes to technology but is there a way to block/hack/ddos or whatever that wifi?
>inb4
>get a stronger wifi
>put ads on yours
This is a family buisness, just because it is a hotel doesn't mean we make a fuckton of money, this is as much as we can afford and we want to offer our customers an ad free experience
>>
No, but you could call the FCC on him.
>>
You could upgrade your infrastructre to compete with him rather than resorting to something stupid
>>
>>53625423
Ot better yet, actually go to the shop and talk to the guy. If negotiations fail, threaten to call the FCC.
There's bound to be some regulation about impersonating other's wireless networks. At worst you could call it phishing or spoofing.
>>
give people cash for wrecking his shit
>>
>>53625437
this, moshi
>>
>>53625442
>>53625423
He just has a wifi thats stronger signal than the hotel. Nothing illegal. Leave it to family owned business to be too cheap to buy better hardware.
>>
The fact that he gets a stronger signal in your building than you is laughable. Get better hardware jew-op
>>
>>53625388
Getting better wifi is your best option, though.
>>
Why not strike a deal with him? He gives free wi-fi to customers of your hotel in exchange for a little promotion, you don't have to spend extra on the stuff. That way you can come to an arrangement with regards to any advertising, if you currently think it's too invasive.
>>
In during get better wi-fi. Eat or be eaten.
>>
>>53625388
>>53625437
This.

Even if you get the faggot to stop, you'll still have shit wifi. Maybe you could even work something out where you let him use that wifi with ads, take down your own, then the customers are happy and you save money. You both profit off each others skills.

Teamwork, OP, use teamwork.
>>
>>53625388
burn his house down and attend his family and kill all his living descendants
>>
>>53625454
I thought too far ahead. I had already assumed that OP had put up signs saying "Our Wifi is SSID: dumb-hotel-wifi. Free to use" up in the hotel, and the guy with the shop put up his wifi network with the same SSID, but stronger signal, to feed ads to people getting online in the hotel.
>>
>>53625489
>>53625495
I'm torn between these two
>>
>>53625388
Make posters and put them in your hotel/rooms that say that his WiFi can potentially steal your user's data they send over the internet and is riddled with adware etc.
>>
>>53625502
If teamwork fails and he decides to be a bitch about it, then >>53625495
>>
>>53625516
That actually might be true, he does have something to do with facebook on there.
>>
Coat your hotel in aluminium foil
>>
>>53626257
Lol this
>>
>>53625388
kali linux has pre installed tools for cracking wifi passwords. also please expand. what do you mean by putting ads on the wifi?
>>
use his wifi to download a lot of cp
>>
>>53625448
Seconded.
>>
>>53625388
Stop paying to provide your own WiFi service and let him shoulder the expense for you.
>>
Why wouldn't you just put up a sign?
>>
Go over there and smash his router with a bat. Make a big show of it. You have to let him know who's boss.
>>
>>53625388
If he can't be reasoned with then
mdk3 mon0 d

He is most likely using many of the MITM attacks to get credentials from your customers.
>>
>>53625388
Get a clean computer with a spoofed MAC address, use his wi-fi to post cheese pizza and then report him to the feds.
>>
>>53625388
>not helping out other small businesses in the neighborhood
>>
No.

If he is spoofing the SSID and trying to trick people into connecting to his network under the false pretense that it is yours, you can officially complain and and have merit.

If people are simply connecting to his different network automatically because it is a stronger signal, there is nothing wrong with that.

And no, you cannot manipulate his network legally.
>>
>>53626383
Literally just this
>>
Use a fake MAC address to crack his WiFi security (with Kali or some shit), then crack the controls login page and have a field day.
>>
Just connect and go to some honey pots. Drop an anonymous tip to the feds about possible a cheese pizza ring.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.