[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Blackberry Priv
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (75 KB, 800x641) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75 KB, 800x641
The portable ThinkPad is back with a new phone that has macfag autists yelling to their moms.
This is the BlackBerry Priv, the name sounds awful but the phone is incredible. It has that pop out keyboard that was not made for 12 year old women.
The priv also has a high resolution touchscreen made just for your Anime viewig.
The Blackberry Priv is everything good about a ThinkPad put into a current year tier Phone.
>>
>>53620131
Its like everything you liked about your ThinkPad just with more edgyness and portability.
>>
>>53620131
why is a physical keyboard necessary?
>>
N O U P D A T E S
O

U
P
D
A
T
E
S
>>
File: blackberry.jpg (66 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
blackberry.jpg
66 KB, 600x600
>portable Thinkpad
>with no toolbelt

no
>>
Plastic felt cheap when I used it.
>>
>>53620845
hardware keyboards are GOAT. I can't touch type on any on-screen keyboard, my fingers eventually drift and I end up typing garbage. When I first got a G1 back in the day it only took a couple weeks and I could touch type. Swipe keyboards work .... when they get the words right.
>>
Not a Nexus, therefore, it won't have ROMs or active development.
>>
>>53620908
Uh, it gets 6.1 at the end of this month anon.
Blackberry just takes slightly longer because they remove the google botnet.
>>
You can't even root it
>>
>>53620131
>phone
>3x7 inces
That's only marginally smaller than the first desktop computer screens and actually larger than some current production tablets. That doesn't even qualify as a phablet, that's a straight up 4G-enabled tablet, just with the wrong orientation.
>>
>>53621418
>6.1
>doesn't even have 6.0 yet
shut up
>>
>>53622222
Most brands are skipping 6.0 due to the bugs and upgrading straight to 6.1.
>>
>>53622618
>it gets 6.1 at the end of this month anon.
[citation needed]
>>
>>53620131
i'd buy it if it wasn't so expensive.
>tfw using qwerties my entire life
>tfw with bbos10 going deader and deader i have literally ONE option on the market
life is hard
>>
>>53623810
Yeah the Z10 was the last legitimately good smartphone. Now we are lost adrift in a sea of 6" glossy screens with more resolution then a HPGe detector and batteries that last an hour if you top them up.
>>
>>53620131
Emacs for android inc
>>
>>53620845
comfort
>>
File: 1442844616965.jpg (312 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
1442844616965.jpg
312 KB, 1200x800
>>53620921
this desu
>>
>>53621390
why would you need rooms for an unrootable phone?
>>
>>53624073

>the BlackBerry Priv's keyboard is capacitive touch capable so yes, you can actually answer a call while it's in your pocket without physically pressing a button directly
>you can end one the same way
>physical keyboard is meaningless, I'd rather have the inch of screen real estate back, thanks
>>
>>53622222
Checked
>>
>>53620131
No thanks, I'll stick to my Q10. Maybe upgrade to a Classic.

>>53620845
I primarily use my phone for typing, why would I not want a keyboard?
>>
>>53622654
> BlackBerry executive Ron Louks stated that news about when the update will be released will be revealed sometime in the first quarter of 2016.
1Q ends at the end of March.
>>
Sort of off topic - so, sage out of politeness.

Have any of you had experience, and or have any information on GNU/Linux based phone operating systems that aren't Android? I'd love to load my old slide phone (multiple years old, probably over 8 mind you) with a version of just basic Linux. Most likely, I'll work on my own version, making it compatible without the usage of a mouse... presumably incredibly easy, due to heavy terminal usage taking priority over xorg in my case.
>>
>>53625499
Checked.
>>
>>53621659
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhk_OL-5aVo
>>
>>53621659
>3x7"
>7"
Since when does 5.79 = 7?
>>
>>53620131
>no whatsapp on bb os 10 in 2017
>just kill me
>>
>>53626786
Does the Android app not work?
>>
>>53626808
it does but it isnt intigrated in the blackberry hub
you just get a notification that you got a message and u have to open the app to look at it...
>>
>>53620131

i recently switched from a bold to xperia z -because whatsapp and other normie apps are dropping support for it- and i want to have very serious anal sex with the guy who thought removing the keyboard was a good idea. i feel like a retard trying to type on glass now.

but maybe i may switch back to BB as they seem to make android phones for the foreseeable future. I have to say though, sony makes damn good phones too -to the point i can tolerate the lack of keyboard- so it will be a tough decision.
>>
>>53627141
I just switched from Q10 to z5 compact and i have similar feeling. Writing on touchscren is like magic, i'm pressing random shit and sometimes correct word appears.

Good thing i still haven't sold my Q10. I'll test it for a week, then maybe switch back to good old facebookless qwerty phone i had.
>>
Where can one get a priv at a reduced cost ?

Anyone want to crowd fund me, I start a new job in a month but due to how i am currently paid, go a whole month without wages.
>>
>>53627998
>Anyone want to crowd fund me so I can buy a new toy I don't really need I'm poor btw
Kek no you and 99% of the world
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.