[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /g/ should I upgrade my 4S to the SE?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: topic_iphone_4s.png (191 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
topic_iphone_4s.png
191 KB, 800x800
Hey /g/ should I upgrade my 4S to the SE?
>>
It is a reasonable update, yes. The hardware is several generations newer.
>>
No, get the iPhone 7 Plus.
>>
>>53616982
If you use the 4S as a phone, SMS, music and 4chan appliance, then no it can go for another year.
If you want a better camera and night shift for $399, then yes.
>>
Yes

4S would be the perfect iPhone if the screen was a bit bigger and it was a ta faster, which is pretty much what the SE is
>>
File: 530201374810PM_635_iPhone_4s.png (165 KB, 635x476) Image search: [Google]
530201374810PM_635_iPhone_4s.png
165 KB, 635x476
>>53617074
>>53617076
I use my 4S for GPS, web browsing and to check my bank balance.

There is nothing really wrong with the phone. The battery just declines faster than I would like.

I'd also like to be able to use my camera but I don't have enough memory. That's why I also want to upgrade. I have the 8gb 4S.

I was planning on buying the new 7 today but it didn't get revealed and I like the SE but I just want confirmation and advice before I put out $500 on a new phone that I'll probably be using for the next 4 years like my 4S.

I can afford to buy the 6S Plus flat out but I don't know if it's worth it. I'm so used to a small phone and the SE seems perfect for me but I just don't know. I want this thread to help me make a decision.
>>
>>53616982

Yes.
>>
>>53616982
it's basically a 6S in a 5S case.
>>
>>53617146
if you want to stick with the same screen size go for it, it's like an updated 5c.

you'd probably like this more than waiting for a 7.
>>
>>53617335
good then
the 6s design sucked ass

>>53617146
You could just replace your 4S battery.
Although the support may die for it and with apps getting BLOATED every year it would be a safe bet on the 5SE
>>
>>53616982
Yes.
Next question.
>>
>>53617146
Wait for reviews to come out. Many people are expecting that the battery will be shit since they're packing a 6s into a smaller body with a smaller battery most likely
>>
>>53617413
This, fampai.
Wait for a review or two and then either buy it or a 7.
>>
same boat OP, but the 16 gb config jump to 64 gb turns me off. i like my 32 gb 4s, holds all of my music and still have room for more, i'm gonna wait it out for reviews.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (221 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
221 KB, 1920x1080
>>53617375
If I could easily upgrade the battery and storage I wouldn't even consider an upgrade. The battery and 8gb limits the phone drastically.

>>53617666
I'll probably wait for reviews too but it is a good budget phone judging by the looks
>>
This time they made a tremendous deal for a 4 inches phone.

The hardware of a 6s (if you can live without the 3D Touch and I guess so) in the case of the 5s for $399.

If you don't record 4K videos you can handle the 16gb too.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.