[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Amazon now purposedly delaying shipment of non-Prime customers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 17
File: amazon_logo_RGB.jpg (109 KB, 1250x458) Image search: [Google]
amazon_logo_RGB.jpg
109 KB, 1250x458
>Amazon now purposedly delaying shipment of non-Prime customers choosing free shipping option by two days to coax people into paying $99/yr for Prime
>tfw they're jewiest corporation ever, treating everyone from employees, suppliers, and now customers with utter disrespect
>not even Walmart is as bad as them

How do we kill Amazon?
>>
>>53613759
But 99 dollars a year is a pretty good deal.
>>
>>53613759
I have prime and its pretty fucking awesome op
>>
>>53613759
>purposedly delaying shipment of non-Prime customers
Proof?
>>
>>53613759
>Pay for expediated shipping/handling on two seperate items
>They ship in the same box, late
:^)
>>
>Group one product with the other one because fuck getting things separately
>They send them separately anyways
>>
>>53613759
Tbqh amazon isn't that great
>>
>>53614767
Any alternatives?
>>
Nice try, Walmart.
>>
>>53613759
Just don't buy anything from them.
Fuck you bezos, you dirty big nose kike motherfucker.
>>
>>53614590
Not him, but I've noticed that anything with free delivery now takes several days to despatch, even if it's in stock. Once it's actually sent, delivery is usually next day. The delay is entirely artificial, coming before it's sent.
>>
File: 1458035161402.jpg (80 KB, 766x960) Image search: [Google]
1458035161402.jpg
80 KB, 766x960
>>53613759
Come on Amazon I used to trust you. Now I read about horrific work conditions and purposefully delayed packages? Come on now.
>>
>>53614596
>complain and get the shipping cost refunded completely
>don't get to spend the weekend with your new microphone
>>
>>53614786
It's literally less than 100 bucks per year for the best shipping/prices online. If you can't wait a couple of days but don't want to pay extra, who is the real jew here?
>>
>>53613759
>Get prime
>Tons of other services to go with it
Free Two-day shipping, PrimeNow, Prime On Demand, Prime Pantry, Amazon Elements, Prime Early Access, Kind First,
>>
>>53613759
stop using amazon
>>
Prime is only good if you're a frequent online buyer. I've also found that certain grocery store items are a lot cheaper through Amazon, i.e. bulk laundry detergent and bulk toiletries. For that, though, Costco might end up being a better deal.

Also, Amazon Video is worthless. Top Gear isn't out yet but when it is, that'll literally be the only thing I'll watch on it.
>>
>>53614846
>he pays for unnecessary subscriptions

All that shit adds up you know. And sometimes it's about the principal. You know... ethics and shit.
>>
>>53613759
Everything i order with free shipping always shows up a day or two earlier than they estimate. I think amazon or UPS just hates you.
>>
>>53613759
>enroll in university
>get prime for free for a year
>leave university
>>
>>53614846
>best prices online

Is this your first day on the Internet, grandma?
>>
Just get Prime then.
>$49 if you send then a school bill or what looks like a school bill
>music and movie streaming included
>>
>>53613759
>order shit every day
>no time to play with anything because 70 hours of work a week
>shipping doesn't actually matter so I get free every time
Is there a reason why people care about shipping? Are all you faggots just NEET or something?
>>
>>53614774
Whichever retailer that has the lowest price and wont fuck you over.
>>
>>53614846
Depends on the item. Always shop around. If you always assume Amazon will be the lowest price then you might be fucking yourself. Even for PC parts, I've found that Newegg and other retailers can be lower than Amazon even after the shipping.
>>
>>53614802
Same
>>
File: image_2.jpg (39 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
image_2.jpg
39 KB, 540x540
I bit the bullet last month and paid for prime. I honestly have to agree that the service is breddy gud.

Sorry to hear about your poverty anon. To be fair though, amazon should make a monthly prime membership plan so more people could get prime. $8.25/month sure sounds more appealing than the full yearly membership price.
>>
It's more than two days now, actually.
>>
>>53614885
Vote with your wallet

I don't own a ps4 or xbone because that ad hosting subscription for multiplayer bullshit
>>
>>53614927
>70 hours of work a week
>people actually brag about being an workaholic instead of being ashamed
>>
>>53614903
>>53614903
>$150 application fee
>>
Prime also includes Prime Now which has free same day delivery. Ordered a replacement video card and had it within 2 hours.
>>
>>53614984
Just edit an old bill you have lying around or make one up. I'm betting a bot checks it considering how fast they respond to it.
>>
>>53614974
I'm gonna have a shitload of time on my hands when my plant moves to Chainah, I might as well get a bunch of shit to play with while I'm waiting on job offers.
>>
>>53615080
Ok, it makes sense for you then.

I just talked to some cunts from school who bragged about working 100 hr/week during IB internship.
>>
>>53613759
>How do we kill Amazon?

Get a job faggot.
You get what you pay for in life.
I order a lot of shit online, I can search the whole internet trying to find slightly better deals on things and wind up ordering from 10 different sites and end up dealing with 10 wildly varying shipping times and rates and levels of security or I can use one site with Prime and have everything from furniture to computer components magically show up in two days.
If you want things fast you have to pay for it no matter where you go. Or we can go commie mentality and just force slower for everyone so nobody gets upset.
>>
>>53615139
I get everything from Amazon, except computer parts which I get from Newegg.
>>
>>53613759
In which country? I ordered something non-prime in the UK. Azon told me it would take up to 10 days for delivery. Got my package within 2 days. Excellent tier service.
>>
>>53615139
Don't you understand?

By all measures, Amazon is approaching monopoly and is now extracting rent.

They are increasing prices, increasing free shipping thresholds, decreasing quality of service for those choosing free shipping all while decreasing cost both in what they're paing employees and taxes they pay to governments through special sweetheart deals with politicians they bought.
>>
>>53615139
>Prime

learned the hard way that Amazon is completely useless without it and totally godly with it.

>not having prime
>waiting 11 days for your shit to turn up
>>
>>53613759
That's the only way amazon makes their money, i'm not surprised, stop being a massive faggot.
Since when are businesses not jews and their final goal is to make money? are you fucking retarded and don't live in the real world? fucking commit sudoku dumbass.
>>
>>53613759
>lets kill amazon guys!
>but I still want cheap things and I don't want to pay for shipping!

You can't have it both ways, Goy. Either stop buying from them or suck up and pay the shipping cost.
>>
>>53615461
Did somebody say Chink Shit General?
>>
I really like prime and amazon overall but they are starting to get too big and greedy to handle.

A few weeks ago my kindle voyage died about 2 weeks after warranty ended. I woke up and it wouldn't boot. I had been waiting for a firmware update so I asked about it and they wouldn't check and made me pay $100 after some 3 chats and bitching to get them to send me a replacement.

That replacement upgraded to the new version the next week the same night the other died. I'm pretty sure the first bricked itself in upgrade and they made me pay for a new one.

Meanwhile no one ever said I had to return it and I had already taken it apart to see if I could find any issues or get it working and then get an email saying I have to return it or they will charge me $15 for the non return fee.

They also charged me full price for the replacement and then I had to contact them again to get the refund back. They send to refund to the original broken one and wrong card instead of the new order.

Love me some amazon.
>>
>>53615220
They aren't a monopoly though because you can buy everything elsewhere.
They are just a huge convenient service you can choose to use or not.
And if you want even better service you can pay extra for it.
>>
i wish i could just get the shipping advantages without getting the music and movie stuff

really don't need that shit
>>
>>53615513
Don't they buy all their shit from Ali Express?
>>
File: rare pepe.gif (2 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
rare pepe.gif
2 MB, 640x480
>>53613759
>be me
>order something through amazon prime
>receive it
>send message ticket saying it was never delivered
>get full refund & item for free
There ya go anon :^)
>>
File: enj.gif (779 KB, 500x385) Image search: [Google]
enj.gif
779 KB, 500x385
>>53615588
Same here, I'm only in it for the fast shipping as well.
>>
>>53615588
This. Amazon should offer a version of prime at a discounted price without the extras, just the free 2 day shipping thing. It would probably attract more customers too.
>>
>>53614534
It's not though, unless you buy something from them several times a month like a good goy
>>
>>53613759
I've never used it but I gather a lot of cucks do. I tried it but either the shit website won't send it to my country or it's expensive and slow shipping. I see no legitimate reason for this shit website being popular.
>>
>purposefully delaying packages

More likely that more and more people have prime, thus moving non prime customers down the list.

As a prime member (student price), some of my has taken longer than before.
>>
File: 1452661628098.jpg (61 KB, 420x393) Image search: [Google]
1452661628098.jpg
61 KB, 420x393
>Current Year
>Not using a relative's/friend's prime account
lmao stay pleb /g/
>>
>>53614786
Jeff Bezos is adopted by a Cuban father..
>>
You could, like, not buy shit from them.
>>
>>53615707
But then nobody would do the streaming option because Amazon's streaming offering is useless.
>>
>>53615985
You also get unlimited movies anon, stop being poor please
>>
>>53613759
I already don't care about how long it takes to get here, it's about saving money. some times I don't use amazon because other options are cheaper.
>>
>>53614896
Seriously. Phoenixfag here. If I order something in the morning from Amazon it is often here by that same evening.
>>
>>53613759
If you have a .edu email address, you can get Prime without Video for $49 a year, and free for the first six months.
>>
>>53616759
So kind of like your cable tv service and all those channels you never do or would ever consider watching.
>>
>>53614846
I buy things from amazon maybe once a month. $100/yr is retarded, I could pay extra for the shipping and it'd still be less than $100/yr
>>
>>53616979
Cable TV is shit.
>>
>>53613759
>How do we kill Amazon?
We stop buying from them. I stopped, have you?
>>
>not having prime
fucking poorfags
>>
Amazon's attempts to penetrate new markets dulls their main line of business and it shows. I had Prime for three years and kept finding better pricing for various things elsewhere with free shipping included. I've had my packages from Amazon delayed enough times that I just decided they weren't worth the price or time anymore.
>>
prime is great, but fuck drm. no music & movies from me.
>>
I have prime and rarely get my orders in two days. It's usually 3 - 4 days. I am not sure that prime is even worth it.
>>
Except it is, you're just not a prime jew to understand it's greatness... Give it to your family for free, give it to your friends for a fee

If you tell your 5 friends they can use your prime account for $10, you've reduced your cost for prime by half.
>>
>>53617750
That shit tends to happen with third-party sellers who are "fullfilled by Amazon." Whatever I order from Amazon.com directly always gets here in two days.
>>
>not having infinite free amazon prime

I thought you were smarter than this /g/
>>
>>53617883
tell me your secrets
>>
>>53617952
Nope, not after some fag on /g/ ruined ostagram by posting it on imgur. I'm never posting nice stuff here again
>>
Prime is worth the money. They even have a Prime Pantry now, where you can order non-perishable food items and other household good. You get all the streaming shit. Free shipping (also if you choose no rush shipping they credit your account, so if you don't actually need your stuff quickly, you can get some of the money you spent on the prime membership back).
>>
>>53617952
He just makes a bunch of different emails and uses 30 day trial each month.
>>
File: 1348521000755.png (235 KB, 437x597) Image search: [Google]
1348521000755.png
235 KB, 437x597
>Add-on items don't ship on orders under $25
>order $25 worth of stuff + add-on item

>it ships separately

what
>>
>>53617985
>you can order non-perishable food items and other household good.
or I could go to the store and get it in like 1 or 2 hours, rather than order it
>You get all the streaming shit.
torrents :<)
>Free shipping
yes but you also have to pay like 800$ a year for it, so unless you buy EVERYTHING from amadone its not worth your money
>get some of the money you spent on the prime membership back
yes after of 1years of buying shit
>>
Things I buy on Amazon are non crucial so I don't care if it takes a week to get here. If I want something ASAP I'll go to a store and buy it.
>>
>>53613759

This. I ordered some $100 item on amazon, the warehouse is literally like 40 miles from my house. It doesn't ship for 2 weeks because I chose free shipping. I know that it was just sitting on a shelf, fucking kikes.
>>
>>53617634
I need to stop buying from them. Newegg and eBay probably have most of the stuff I need. But what if they turn into the Google of retail goods, and it becomes nearly impossible to find certain things elsewhere?
>>
Here's a pro-tip -- you can buy *most* things on eBay, for less, with free shipping and it arrives in 2-3 days. eBay is a distributed retailer where individual sellers have a vested interest in providing service without the trickery amazon uses.
>>
>>53617985
pantry sucks ass. better food at the dollar store.
>>
i live in a very small town (less than 10K) and I get my shit no problem
>>
>>53615138
never understood that shit

https://www.instagram.com/arvinsworld is a good example of it. "LOOK AT ME, ALL I DO IS WORK WORK WORK. WEEKEND? NOPE IM WORKING"
>>
wat, I ordered something Saturday that just got here today. no prime. fuck prime though
>>
>>53614846

Thats it, good goy. Shill for the masters.
>>
>>53613759
I wait months for packages from the Chinese to come in, what makes them think I'll care about a few days' wait for packages from the Jews?
>>
Can confirm.
Used to have prime (for free).
Everything was shipped by the next day.
Now packages are kept in the amazon center for a day or two.
>>
>>53614936
Double Filtered :^]
>>
I gonna buy Prime for Clarkson's not Top gear anyway.
>>
psssst

i got tricked into a year of amazon prime with the free trial. thought it was month by month and got hit with 99 bucks. well played amazon.

buuuut went to buy some thermal paste for 5 bucks. found out that i got a 6 dollar amazon pantry credit if i chose the 'take ur time amazon' shipping option.

you thinkin what i'm thinkin?

yeah, i started making tons of small purchases, one item at a time, with fast checkout. i spent 150 dollars on 3.5 oz tubes of thermal paste, and got 180 dollars of free food.

anyone want to buy some arctic silver thermal paste? i'll sell it to you for half what i paid plus shipping, which will be about half what i paid.
>>
>>53618837
Too bad this doesn't work. I got like 5 or 6 items shipped before christmas last year with pantry extra credit since I was in no hurry, but you can only use 1 credit per order, thus it was of no real major use.
>>
Just cancelled my student prime because I realized all I order was manga like 3 tikes a year with the occasional random item every 6 months. The rest were orders from other people asking me to order something for them with my prime. It's clearly too much responsibility for me.
>>
I ordered a printer on amazon that was $150. The shipping was $42 dollars and the taxe were around $30. so i got the prime membership trial and ordered with free 2 day shipping.

Shit was so cash. Ever since i started paying for premium. its really not that bad of a deal to be honest.

I dont know why you communist autists fire your autism all over the place when it isnt even justifiable.
>>
>>53618889
>>per order

exactly.

instead of buying 5 things on one order, just make 5 separate orders.

it's brilliant.
>>
>>53616979
What cable TV service?
>>
Prime next day delivery is bullshit anyway. If you're in the Chicago loop you are guaranteed three days because of shit teir usps.
>>
>>53618915
But each prime pantry box costs $5 to ship and then the cost of the items in it?

You aren't very good at this whole math thing.
>>
>>53618837
the prime pantry credit isn't for food, it's only for the shipping, because the shipping for prime pantry costs $5.99 flat you idiot
>>
>>53614596
>>53615610
>>53618767
>using the smiley with a carat nose
>>
>>53618967

fuck

what the fuck am i going to do with 30 tubes of thermal paste and 180 dollars worth of shipping credit for fucking food

jesus fucking christ

it really should have said that, do you have a source? fuck it, i'm gonna place an order now
>>
>>53614846
they're good for anything other than pc parts
90% of the time they're not the cheapest solution for pc parts
>>
>>53618132
>BUY MORE STUFF
>>
>>53619011
maybe you should have read the actual thing it says you dumbass. it literally says right when you choose the shipping item "5.999 prime pantry shipping credit

JUST RETURN ALL THE SHIT YOU IDIOT
>>
>>53613759
It's $10 a month...you can wait a day or two extra and don't need to "kill" a multi billion dollar company because your dildos don't arrive on time to be part of your rituals
>>
>>53614878
10/10, would laugh audibly again
>>
>>53613759
>2 days
It's 9 days.
The ONE time I decided to buy something direct from amazon, I picked the free shipping because it was over $35 and they sat on my order for 9 days before they even charged my credit card.
They shipped it out the same day after I was charged.

Fuck them.
>>
>>53619011
>>53618967
>>53618961
>>53618915
>>53618889
>>53618837

well they weren't fucking lying

>>53619043

fuck you, i'll try. i hope i don't have to file a seperate return for each 3.5 oz of arctic silver thermal paste
>>
>>53613759
I have Prime now but before I had it I always had next day delivery for free. Helps when you live less than forty miles from the headquarters.
>>
>mother has had prime account for years
>amazon allows you to share with a family member
>i get free shipping

feels good man
>>
>>53619167
>mom's friend has Amazon Prime
>she orders stuff for me all the time
>>
>>53614928
so... amazon?
>>
>100+ posts
>only 'proof' is like one fucking anecdotal story with literally nothing to back it up with

jesus christ you people are tools
>>
Even prime shipping sucks balls. I send friends and family birthday presents 2-3 times a month and 60% of the time I don't have the option of using 2 day shipping. It's always 4-5 day, which means 6-9 days.

The one time I paid extra for overnight delivery (8.99 because it was to be delivered on a Saturday???), it didn't even come until Tuesday.

The only reason I keep it is because of Amazon video on my Firestick, and I get Prime for 45 dollars because I split it with my girlfriend's parents.
>>
>>53617364
once i got prime i abused the hell out of using it.
oh i want a snack next week, go online get some of the best prices, get the shit shipped to me fast, i want food... most of my shopping is done through amazon with only perishables purchased locally now.

some things like computer parts are a shop around as amazon is never the cheapest place to get them, but dammit are they usually number 1.
>>
>had prime thru college at half price
>exit, get normie high paying job
>lost prime student eligibility a few months ago
>Opened a student prime account under sisters college email this time around

Feels great man
>>
>>53619232
>girlfriend
>/g/

fuck off
>>
>>53619320
There's no law saying the two have to be mutually exclusive. Fuck off
>>
>>53618682
personally, id rather never take time off because the prospect of having free time, then going back to hell makes me want do kill myself, thankfully i dont drive to work anymore because i constantly day dreamed about veering off to the left into a semi.
>>
>>53614802
I can confirm this too. It's hilarious because I do have prime, yet when accidentally ordering stuff without the prime advantage, they let the item rot in the distribution center for two months. That's right, I had to wait two months + 2 days to get my stuff. Other stuff (with prime) usually arrives within 2 days.

There's definitely something fishy going on here.
>>
File: 1455412621563.png (175 KB, 482x436) Image search: [Google]
1455412621563.png
175 KB, 482x436
>>53619332

YES THERE IS
>>
>>53615208
that's what its like for me ordering shit from china, they tell me 2 months, and it could come in 3 days - 2 months.
>>
I pay $99/yr in order to have access to Prime Now. "Free" 1 hour delivery on qualifying things is dope.
>>
>>53619346
>weeb
Opinion discarded
>>
>>53615461
i don't mind shipping, i just don't want to be completely fucked over for shipping.

i like the energy drink cocaine, but to buy it online, its 25$ for 24 cans, plus 25$ for shipping
>>
>>53619345
No you idiot that is not how it works. No one with a brain would believe this fucking retarded story.
>>
>>53619320

My mom died, I had to find someone to cook my meals and fold my clothes.
>>
Prime pays for itself in like five orders. Next day shipping isn't cheap.
>>
>>53616759
Not in Canada you don't.
>>
>>53619428
>Next day shipping is needlessly expensive
>>
>>53619380
I can offer proof, I guess. Will you accept screens?
>>
File: 1436888238027.png (14 KB, 364x322) Image search: [Google]
1436888238027.png
14 KB, 364x322
>poorfag GNU/NEETs can't afford prime
>>
>>53619568
Amazon free shipping is literally a scam.
>>
>>53619504
On no planet is amazon going to hold an order for a month because you didn't use the prime shipping. You didn't get it through an actual fulfillment center located within your country.

Even if you did (you didnt), it is 100% your fault for not inquiring about it.
>>
>>53619554
>>53619568
>>53619579
>>53619583
ITT amazon sends out the finest shitposters to try and save their image
hint: you are making it worse
:^)
>>
>>53619568
depending on who is doing the shipping.

lets say you want to sell a cd, and you charge 1$ for it, but oh, look at this, the shipping is 10$

its 10$ because amazon and ebay don't touch shipping in fees if i remember correctly.

and in my case, the energy drink, something that weights 11 lbs and is that small does not cost 25$ to ship unless your ass is in Hawaii, fuck i had my 5.1 speakers ship for less and they weigh and took up a fuck load more space.
>>
File: 1458360928300.jpg (41 KB, 348x367) Image search: [Google]
1458360928300.jpg
41 KB, 348x367
>>53619606
t. assblasted poorfag suffering from Unwarranted Self Importance

>it's a conspiracy!!! the jews are after me
>why oh why did this item that's in high demand and/or low volume that i ordered at a shit time not at my doorstop?!?!?!?!?!?
>>
>amazon literally bullying people who pick free shipping

>delaying processing if you're not a prime member

This is literally racketeering.
>>
>>53619616

I tried selling a case of coconut water online once, went to local shipper to get a idea of how much it would cost... $22 for twelve 20oz bottles in cardboard box.

Shipping fucking costs money yo, shipping materials cost money and the guy delivering it costs money.
>>
>>53619622
>Unwarranted Self Importance
tsk tsk, amazon if you want to copy things from ED please remove the caps, it makes it so obvious
>>
>>53619663
no fucking shit, but they are obviously fucking me over on the price considering i got something that weights 50lbs+ and over 20X the space requirements shipped for half of what that energy drink did.

the best i can figure is the shipping for it is sub 10$, and they are removing some of the cost of the drink and adding it to shipping to make the drink look cheaper then it really is because alot of people will think "well shit, what can i do, its shipping"
>>
>>53619705
>the best i can figure is the shipping for it is sub 10$

You are out of your fucking mind. Why do you think grocery stores don't go out of business with the internet? Because shipping individual items costs are to damn high.

It is much cheaper to ship everything to a cental warehouse and have that central warehouse break down pallets of different items into bulk shipments that go into different stores. $25 is pretty standard retail cost for a case of energy drinks, wholesale is probably no less than $15, but shipping will be at least $20. Coke and Pepsi bring over 30 pallets of product into a Walmart every weekend on their own and they physically place them on the shelf, that costs less money than shipping each 12/24 pack of product to your house.

There is no such thing as free shipping.
>>
>>53613759
Meh, whatever. I'm international so shipping A) isn't free anyway, and B) takes long enough that two days doesn't fucking matter.
>>
>>53619800
>There is no such thing as free shipping.

Unless you give amazon $100. Then you can ship as much cocaine as you want with no extra cost.
>>
>>53619606
>using the smiley with a carat nose
>>
>>53619855
suppose for the sake of argument that you're right.

suddenly it becomes cheaper for a distributor to have X product delivered by Amazon because free shipping than it does to have it ordered in bulk from manufacturer/dristributor. how long do you think that will last before they limit said "free shipping" for which you prepay in advance for the year.
>>
>>53619800
they dont go out of business due to perishables and old people.

something like fruit or meat, i want to see it in person before i buy it, something like a can of tomato paste or shit, ill order online with an assortment of shit.

also, ASSHOLE DO YOU READ MY WORDS

I have bought shit HEAVIER AND THAT TAKES UP MORE SPACE FOR A LOWER SHIPPING COST

>>53619855
at a highly inflated price, 6 cans for the cost of what i would get 24 cans for before they add shipping and even then, cost per can is damn near half the cost on amazon after shipping.
>>
>>53614802
I thought I was the only one thinking this.

I've ordered stuff before using the free shipping and then they usually ship it over the weekend and I get it on Monday and Tuesday.
These few times that I've ordered from amazon they always take the full 8 days to ship the product and it's only a couple of items like chargers, phone cases, or little things like that.

If I had the money for prime I would buy it but $99 upfront is a lot. If they offered a monthly payment plan I would get it in a heartbeat.
>>
>>53619924
the amount of people who would abuse the free shipping is offset by the discounted shipping prices they get, the cut they take from everything they sell, and the people who do not use the prime to its fullest.
>>
>>53619924
I assume at that point Amazon just raises the price of Prime. Again.
>>
>>53619955
>the amount of people who would abuse the free shipping is offset by the discounted shipping prices they get, the cut they take from everything they sell, and the people who do not use the prime to its fullest.

You're suggesting that the majority of prime subscribers literally have money to burn and don't remotely think about their expenditures for a cost/benefit.
>>
>>53619938
>If I had the money for prime I would buy it but $99 upfront is a lot. If they offered a monthly payment plan I would get it in a heartbeat.
You shouldn't be buying anything, online or otherwise
>>
>>53619982
>>53619955

I didn't pull that example out of thin air, I worked in beverage distribution. there is a certain well known energy drink that is or was selling at that time, a case of 24 16oz cans for $29 free shipping.

Literally less than wholesale cost for most clients, I don't know who was covering the shipping costs, probably the manufacturer or employees of the manufacturer who get the product for either free or nearly free. Asked a distributor friend if he was paying more than $29 he says yeah paying $34 (and he has to go get it), he started ordering from Amazon, don't know if the situation stands.
>>
>>53620028
>>the amount of people who would abuse the free shipping is offset by the discounted shipping prices they get, the cut they take from everything they sell, and the people who do not use the prime to its fullest.

yes
think of it this way, amazon eats the cost of shipping, they already get discounted rates because its better to have guaranteed business deals then to have to compete for said business.
then you have amazon which takes slice of what they sell already, on top of new selling used shit, i mean look at the games, by new shit for less then game stop and sell it at a massive profit, shit like that.

then you have the people who pay for prime, you get a fuck load with prime, but i doubt that if they sold everything at cost, it would add up to more then a Netflix subscription, with the exception of shipping.

now, people who have some money to burn, people who can pay for prime and not feel it, do you think they are looking at it from a cost benefit prospective, or do you think they are looking at it from an "i get everything in 2 days if i pay up front? good enough for me" perspective? never really buying enough to make up that 100$

there is a reason that they have prime as a yearly thing, not monthly.
>>
>>53620124
>there is a reason that they have prime as a yearly thing

I just assumed this was because Amazon were hoping you forget how much you paid for it. Prime is half off for students too.
>>
>>53620159
yea, they get students in with a "its the smart buy" and now you have a consumer base using amazon, but also not using it as much as they could because they don't have money.

and making it a lump sum for a year only, people aren't in a rush to buy everything they want, and they aren't going to buy 1 month, but a fuck load, then not re sub the next. the 100$ sting may make you want to use it fast to get the money back, but you don't, most people can go months without ordering online, and people justify it with "well, look at all this other shit we get too" so they dont feel its only there for shipping

on a side note, where is the free prime video services on amazon, i dont see it anywhere and any video i would want to watch i have to pay for.
>>
>>53613759
>>53618906
I haven't been ordering on amazon that much either lately. I'm not sure if I will renew it next year. I have not seen any good deals lately compared to a few years ago.

Amazon isn't even that price competitive anymore and the 5-star fake "honest and discounted" reviews are out of control now.

I shop more on Aliexpress now.
>>
>paying for prime
>>
File: 1456109644275.jpg (103 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1456109644275.jpg
103 KB, 960x960
>>53620313
>waiting more than a week for your shit to arrive
have fun with that senpai
>>
>>53620362
I enjoy prime for free, cuck.
>>
>>53618390
>But what if they turn into the Google of retail goods, and it becomes nearly impossible to find certain things elsewhere?
Then stop fucking giving them all of your money you mindless sheep.

Jesus christ, just how degenerate is this pile of shit that dares call itself ‘human beings’?

>literally funding shopping hitler and proud of it
Amazon is worse than Google, Oracle, Apple and Microsoft combined and you fucking know it.
>>
File: 1458520048955.jpg (64 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1458520048955.jpg
64 KB, 600x450
> Buy something using my debit card
> No problem
> Ask my brother for his credit card to order something because I'm too lazy to go to the band and deposit on my card
> Instantly locked out of my account, in CURRENT YEAR have to FAX THEM a bank statement from by brother's credit card
Fuck it, they're a bunch of kikes.
>>
>>53613759
>2012+4
>Not being a Prime member
>>
>>53620515

>I'm too lazy to go to the band and deposit on my card

>needing to deposit money to buy something online because you don't have enough money in your account

IN CURRENT YEAR
>>
File: 1458564861470.png (2 MB, 900x1345) Image search: [Google]
1458564861470.png
2 MB, 900x1345
>>53620580
I distrust banks with a passion. I keep all my money in cash, and deposit on my debit card when I need to buy something online.
I get paid by check which I immediately cash in.
>>
>>53620605

Europoor?
>>
File: 1447701459879.jpg (28 KB, 260x260) Image search: [Google]
1447701459879.jpg
28 KB, 260x260
>>53613759
That actually grinds my gears. What the fuck.....
>>
>>53620605
I feel you. I've got an account with a negative $150 balance because they decided to hit me twith a bunch of bullshit charges, I went in to dispute and they reduced the charges from $250 to $150 because they were being "nice"

I told them to freeze my account and walked out, it's been over a year since I've been in there
>>
File: smiles.gif (2 MB, 624x352) Image search: [Google]
smiles.gif
2 MB, 624x352
>>53620605
minimum wage guaranteed
>>
Prime is pretty useless for me as far as shipping goes. Amazon delivers most things they have in their warehouse to my door the same day as long as I order before noon.
I only pay $10 or so every time I order, which is roughly once every month.
>>
haven't they been delaying non-prime orders for a while now though? i used to get prime as a uni student but almost completely stopped using amazon when they caved in to taxes. now i rarely buy from them, but in the last 2 or so years, they always delay the 'processing' of my order by like 2-3 days.

at this point it's pretty much a wash between buying in person vs online. no matter how fast something is shipped, its never there instanteously (how could it), so waiting is no problem for me, taxes = same as in store, processing time = comfort of never leaving home.

it's like everything else in the world, it's all fucked but there's nothing we can do about it, this is just how everything is going to play out from here on out.
>>
>>53620656
BullshitingPoorPerson/10
>>
>>53620425
>Amazon is worse than Google, Oracle, Apple and Microsoft combined and you fucking know it.

How are they worse?
>>
they do treat their employees like shit if you work in the factories but who doesn't these days
prime is the tits if you never like to go outside anyway but only if you have a student discount
>>
>>53620699
I wouldn't be saying it if it didn't happen
>make PayPal purchase
>it decides to withdraw from my bank account instead of the debit card
>repeatedly tries, because if it didn't work the first few it'll definitely work the fifth time amirite?
>bank charges me the purchase amount each time PayPal does this
>bitch to bank
>bank basically says get fucked we want your money (like the greedy kikes they are)
>freeze the account and carry on like it doesn't exist
>>
>>53620673
so you spend $120 a year on delivery fees?
>>
>>53620089
Why shouldn't I buy things online?

I don't get your point.
>>
>>53620959
He's saying you're too poor to buy anything but necessities.
>>
As long as amazon justifies all their bull shit by saying they want to help the customer. People will allow for this to happen because their the customer. Just look at this thread....people saying prime isn't bad and sticking up for them just because they benefit. Well played amazon.
Turning the prime customers against the free shipping ones...
>>
>>53616759
what are torrents?
>>
>>53620847
Not unless I just order multiple things at once. I said roughly once a month, but it's more like every 5-8 weeks.
I wouldn't use prime for all the extra shit it gives because I have no interest in any of it. I only want fast shipping.
If I do wind up ordering one thing a month, the $20 extra is worth it for me considering I get things the same day rather than 2 business days.
>>
Just make a new account every month.
>>
Hahaha. Do you realize how many companies use AWS? Vote with your sheckles but it won't matter.
>>
They also raised the free shipping for over $35

Kikes
Glad I cancelled my trial
>>
Pretty funny how they're kiking when they're actually going to be competing with free shipping china very soon.
Once normieville gets word that you can get super cheap shit from china if you're willing to wait, Amazon is going to fucking freak
>>
>>53621790

That limit only applies to non-Prime users.
>>
>>53616077
I noticed the sudden change only after Bezos lost 7 billion in one day.
>>
>>53620757
So were there just transaction charges or were there penalties? Seems like paypal fucked up for sure and ought to refund to your bank. I don't think it's generally a good idea to link your bank account with non-gov 3rd-parties. Also I don't trust banks either but for me it's kinda necessary otherwise I would have done the cash / debit card thing like you do.
>>
>not getting a new .edu address every year for $50/year prime

Hahaha.
>>
>>53614557

Yeah, "2-day shipping" via 3-day UPS service is pretty fucking amazing. Bezos must have sucked his math teachers dick for a passing grade.
>>
>>53614557
Fucking this
>>
>>53620741
How they treat their employees on any level. How they're responsible for this same-day/next-day delivery craze that has turned UPS/DHL drivers into literal mules for entitled assholes.
I hate going outside but even I can drag my ass to support retail trade.
I had Prime for a year now and I've already cancelled for next year.
>>
>>53613759
>Hating on Walmart.
>>
Guys why does the arrow go from a to z, is it because they have everything from a to z?
>>
>>53617987
Yeah, then his credit card / address gets banned and eventually gets charged for his fraudolent intentions. Wow.
>>
Amazon Prime Student with Videos and all that shit for 2€ per month.
Germany Fuck yeah
>>
>>53616679
I like the streaming desu
>>
Just buy shit straight from china instead of feeding the middleman
>>
File: 4L_TTh69SEK.jpg (163 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
4L_TTh69SEK.jpg
163 KB, 620x387
>>53613759
>tfw watching bosch season two and getting my packages fast and free
>feelsprimeman.jpg
>>
>>53614846
Take your $100 and shove it up your ass
>>
>>53623917
what is that, some redneck thing?
>>
>>53616759
>unlimited movies
Go fuck yourself
>>
>>53614943
What if that doesn't offend you?

>Well then you're a fucking sheeple I want nothing to do with.
>>
>intentionally denying yourself good prices on shit because "muh principles"
>implying whatever you're doing gives you "at least as good, if not better prices than Amazon"
>>
>>53613759
>tfw we don't even have Prime in my country

T-thanks. To be honest I'm quite glad there's no Nordic Amazon. Less temptation that way, and I'm sure everything on it would be so expensive there would be little point in using it.
>>
>>53613759
>99 dollarydoos
Nigga I pay 19.90€ for a year, wtf are you talking about?
>>
>>53613759
>tfw amajew prime 1.6€/m
>>
>>53614534
yeah, free shipping for only 99 bucks!
What a deal.
>>
>>53613759
>based land of the free paying 99$ for being allowed to give even more money to the same company
>they don't even pay taxes on that 99$ so they'll eventually have to pay even more money to go to the hospital
>5 y/o computers are sad guys XDXD amirite

1.7€/month reporting in
>>
my god the complete and utter retardation ITT.

the free shipping option has always taken much longer.

the reason they can offer it for free is because it gives them more time. why is this cheaper for them?

because there is a queue in package preparation. prime members who ordered around the same relative time get pushed to the front of the line. all those orders need to be fulfilled before they fulfill yours. there are only so many hours in a day and the prime ones need to go out.

the delivery time once it leaves the fulfillment center has nothing to do with them. unless it is an expedited service, it will get there the same day no matter what.

prime isn't about quick shipping. it's about quick fulfillment.
>>
>>53624140
It's all the 2nd day shipping you want all year.
Even if it were regular "it will be there sometime next week" shipping it's well worth it if you order a lot of stuff.
It pays off just for Christmas shopping.
>>
>>53613759

Prime is awesome. You'll never need to leave your mom's basement.
>>
>>53624188
>if you order a lot of stuff.
which you pretty much have as you're 100 bucks down from day one.

you're paying amazon for being locked into their service, and you love it. genius.
>>
>>53624201
These are people who think it's a good idea to pay for free shipping.

If it's the fast shipping you like, just fucking pay for fast shipping. Chances are you'll save money.
>>
>>53613759
Buy stuff at Ali Baba lmao
>>
>>53613759
"jewiest" --- this is not /pol/
>>
>>53624201
I'm using their service constantly anyway even when I didn't have prime, might as well go prime and get better deals, free fast shipping and a host of other services included.
I do love it, why would I not?
You can get almost anything you can think of almost instantly.
If a hundred bucks is a big deal for you for all that, feel free to hunt for deals on some ching chong direct express where you get some weird box wrapped in tape two weeks later that's been thrown around until it's rounded off at the corners.
>>
>>53624259
Which is why this is an amazon thread, not a jew thread, you dumb nigger.
>>
Curious to you prime users: What Amazon services/products do you use and how often/many? Like give a typical list over the course of a month.
>>
>>53624321
for me it's almost exclusively shipping products. prime (in the bay area, at least) means free same-day shipping on a lot of stuff, 2-day shipping on almost everything else.

i've watched a video on Prime Instant Video or whatever it's called, but I mostly watch Netflix.

I've thought about hosting my photos on Prime's "unlimited photo storage" thing, partly because I've been finding that some of my photos have been corrupted and I didn't have backups (and Amazon/cloud services in general usually manage physical redundancy).

i'll search the thread for experience with photo hosting, but does anyone have experience with it that hey haven't posted?
>>
>>53619659
But it's not even true. These people just have no idea how Amazon works. They're probably buying shit fulfilled by Amazon but sold by a third party, which usually results in longer shipping times. Or the item they purchased is out of stock and they're too illiterate to understand what that means.
>>
Amazon Prime is the shit. I've had it since 2008, and I will have it as long as I'm not destitute and can afford $99 a year. Literally the only thing I go to the store for anymore is groceries, everything else I buy online from Amazon.
>>
They now purposely delay shipments for prime members too. If they're in a nearby warehouse where USPS mail (cheapest shipping) would arrive the next day, and you didn't pay $3.99 for next day shipping, they'll usually wait a day to process the order.

>>53614596
Always complain, and call Amazon on the phone. They'll minimally refund your shipping, usually you can get more though.
>>
>>53614846
>>53617364
It was easier in the past. Previously you could share the $99/yr prime with three other Amazon accounts that were part of your "family" (But amazon didn't really verify it, they just asked for a "relationship" [e.g. brother] and birthdate (one person submits, person answering email has to give same answer). Three family members/friends give you $25 each year and the breakeven is much easier.

They let accounts that had it in the past keep it but they don't allow that anymore. Two amazon accounts under the current system can share but they also share all payment information, making it nonsuitable unless you're sharing with a spouse.
>>
>>53624730
>They now purposely delay shipments for prime members too.
I've been going through my order knowing that it would qualify for free same-day shipping and seen the default selected shipping method be 2-day shipping.

Like same-day would be there, but if you were buying all that shit on the assumption that you'd follow through and get same-day shipping, you'd have to be careful to check and change the shipping method.

No price difference or anything - they just want people to go with the slower, cheaper method for them, and if just 1% of customers overlook that default then they'll save a lot of money.
>>
>>53624759
If you're a student you should be able to get it for $50/year or something. If you share a place with multiple people then obviously you can share that, and alternatively if others trust you then they can just ship shit to you (or ask you to buy and ship stuff to yourself and they can pick it up, whatever).

At some point it stops really being worth it, but at some point $50/year or $100/year isn't really that much...
>>
File: 1443558663284.jpg (338 KB, 1369x1183) Image search: [Google]
1443558663284.jpg
338 KB, 1369x1183
>paying $50 a year for prime student

NEET fags btfo.
>>
>>53624824
>tfw highschool dropout with a college email because that's where alternative school was
>works for prime
>>
They're building a fulfillment center here so I'll be getting free sameday shipping in about a year
>>
>>53624860
That's not how Amazon works.

>pay for prime, but don't upgrade the shipping to next day
90% of the time they will wait a day to process the order

>don't pay for prime
They will sit on your order for 4-7 business days before sending it out.
>>
>>53624877
No. In cities that have fulfillment centers. they do same day shipping
>>
First time I had to pay full price for prime this year even though i graduated from college 3 years ago. I forgot to do it this year but if you cancel before the renewal period they might offer a discount to stay on.
>>
>Been waiting for Z97 motherboards to be in stock again
>For 4 fucking months already and every month they delay it another one
I don't want to cancel the order, when i ordered it it was $100 off and now they returned to the usual price.

Sht sucks, i want to finish my build already.
>>
>>53625918
Amazon mexico btw.
>>
>>53624824
>paying $0 a year for prime student
>never gone to college
Nice try wagecuck
>>
Just make a new account and trial prime everytime like I do
>>
>>53625950
Or just make a new account for student and you only have to do it twice a year
>>
>>53613759
They've been doing that for a couple years now
>>
I noticed too. Years ago they would dispatch the next day without Prime but they take their time now. Also I find the £20 min spend a con when other sites do free delivery (UK btw).
>>
>bitching about Prime
I get 2 day shipping which allows me to get shit on my days off or if I really need something I can pick it up the next day. Shit is amazing and will gladly continue to suck Amazon's dick.
>>
Noticed this a year or two ago. No real reason to use Amazon for vidya over literally anything else now.
>>
>>53626141
>muh vidya
why are you still buying physical games?
>>
>>53626164
Not him but if I'm going to pay for something I'm getting a physical copy.
>>
>>53626173
>if I'm going to pay for something
Basically you pirate everything because you're a poorfag. Got it.
>>
>>53626190
Basically I pirate anything that can't be bought on disc. Because I won't pay for something that's intangible. Period.
>>
>>53626205
if the industry found a way to stop piracy 100% and only released shit digitally, you'd stop playing games forever
>>
>>53626226
>you'd stop playing games forever
Do all of the games of the past magically disappear when this happens?
>>
>>53624182
>my god the complete and utter retardation ITT.
I wouldn't call it retardation, but ignorance of package logistics. Lots of people have the misconception the there is a huge glut of trucks and sorters waiting for any order to come through then they feverishly work away. It's not the case at all.
>>
>paying for free shipping

when /g/ become full of cucks?
>>
>>53626578
Its not only for free shipping, but for prioritized free shipping.
>>
I don't order from amazon much, but I've never had an issue. Shit arrives in a reasonable time frame.
>>
>>53613759

P R I M E
R
I
M
E

IS AWESOME.. STOP FIGHTING IT AND GET PRIME.
>>
I like amazon shut the fuck up. They have the best deals all the time how could you be complaining. Mods get this fag out of my sight.
>>
>>53626578
If you spend over $100/year in normal shipping does it not make sense to pay a fixed $100/year for 2 day shipping?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.