[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm going to be getting a BAS in IT. How meme is my degree.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: LewdRenge.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
LewdRenge.gif
2 MB, 500x281
I'm going to be getting a BAS in IT.

How meme is my degree.
>>
Hope you're learning Bengali
>>
>>53612061
But I use the loo
>>
>>53612317
enjoy smelling shit all the time, and wait to smell their lunches
:^)
>>
>>53612387
Sounds pretty bad senpai
>>
>>53612740
That's why you don't get a degree in Cucked Indian Sitting
>>
>>53612828
It isn't CIS though
>>
>>53612844
Indian Touching is pretty much the same degree
>>
>>53612023
Why bother? You could get your certs in less time and make just as much money. An IT bachelor's is like a loser's version of a CS degree.
>>
>>53612916
I plan on getting certs too. Pretty sure I can integrate them into some of my classes. I just figured a degree would look nice alongside certs.
>>
>>53612023
>BAS in IT
Open a text editor and create a file GORILLA.BAS
>>
>>53612966
I was working in private IT for 5 years, and only got A+, N+, Security+, and a few Cisco certs as well as MSFT. The amount of work to get some certs, while working a full job, and still most likely be paid considerably less than a CS major walking out of college is staggering. I quit the IT bullshit, started going to Uni, and 2 years in I already have a Coop job paying 30 an hour programming for mobile robotic units in C#. Upon graduation, they start people at 80k. There's just no comparison. That, and IT just sucks to work. It's uncreative.

Think about it this way: IT is the janitor of the computer world. Being a developer actually lets you create, instead of just mopping the metaphorical floors.
>>
>>53613038
Honestly sounds pretty good to me desu. I prefer jobs that have routine. Some consider it boring and as you just said uncreative, but I don't really care for that sort of stuff.
>>
>>53613153
Also forgot to mention I can't into math. If you're wondering why I'm not doing CS.
>>
>>53613201
Eh, if you're not good with math, and you're uncreative, then that's your lot in life. Go for IT I guess, but man that sounds like a bummer of life to live.
>>
>>53613249
Goal is to just be something like a system/network admin type person.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.