[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>buying books Lol
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2
File: DSC_0003.jpg (3 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0003.jpg
3 MB, 3840x2160
>buying books
Lol
>>
>Millenialism

làll
>>
>Trying to read your digital copy of House of Leaves

ha!
>>
Did you print this at the library jamal?
>>
>>53612521
no, at the uni :^)
>>
>>53612543
Lol yours THAT guy. Fuck you Tyreese.
>>
>>53611809
>House of Leaves

Kek, do you also read David Foster Wallace in public like a jackass
>>
>>53611769
>Standard quality
>not printing in superior Draft
>>
>>53612543
I hate you.
You're almost as bad as the homeless library masturbator.
>>
>>53611769
it's fucking 20 dollars cmon dude

20 fucking dollars you don't need whatever dumb gadget you were gonna put that 20 dollars to
>>
>>53613600
Not him, but I'm reading Oblivion: Stories on the train. It's comfortable.
>>
>that guy who copies a chapter of a book a day for weeks
>those librarians that want to say what he's doing is wrong but can't
>>
>>53611769
>Can't find PDF of book
>Buy book from Amazon
>Scan every page and create a PDF out of it
>Return book for a refund
>tfw manually pirated a book
>>
>>53611769
>printing books
Way to put in a ton of effort so you can use your book in a way that takes up a ton of extra space and lacks a search feature
>>
>>53613660
I get raped on shipping, really hard
and I can't find this book anywhere in my country.

>>53613704
just gave it to someone to do it for me, took like 4 days

>>53613757
I have trouble reading any large text on my computer, so I prefer physical books in case I want to read one
>>
>>53612543
>>53613650
>>53612589
>>53612521
>>53613704
>>53613757
>>53613660
This is why I print my books at home.
>>
>>53613747
> scanning a big book without removing the binding and damaging it

if you actually manage to do this you deserve a free book
>>
>>53613835
>at home
why.
>>
>>53613823
>shipping
fair response, did not consider shipping internationally.
>>53613835
you do everything at home dont lie
>>
>>53613747
The ultimate jew
>>
>>53613835
>This is why I print my books at home.
>Using your own ink and paper

I hope you are at least taking the paper from work or school. If you're being this cheap you've gotta go all the way.
>>
I've spent thousands of dollars in books and I don't baby them either. Feels good man. It also smells good.
>>
>>53613875
He likes wasting his money on paper and ink
>>
>>53613835
printing+binding+work costs taken into account, each ream of paper using this method would probably cost as much as a used textbook of comparable size

dunno how valuable your time is, but inkjet cartridges are literally more expensive than gold by weight
>>
>>53613980
> using an inkjet printer instead of a laser printer

you sure you're in the right board?
>>
>>53613747
>pirating a tangible book
Well fuck
>>
>>53614096
Do you not know how laser printers work?
You do know what board you are on, right?
>>
> he doesn't into the fact that paper has higher dpi than HD monitors

lel goodone, op
>>
File: graffiti.jpg (56 KB, 550x611) Image search: [Google]
graffiti.jpg
56 KB, 550x611
Once you're out of public school you may as well pirate your books since you can't get graffiti from previous generations anymore.
>>
>>53614096
toner, same deal, still expensive

http://www.supermediastore.com/product/u/toner-canon-104-0263b001aa-compatible-black-cartridge

even buying off-brand would immediately add like $10 to any self-printed textbook. add to that a ream for $8 (probably cheaper in your area) and maybe 1-2 hours' work and you've potentially spent $100+ on shit.

used textbooks rarely exceed $50 and often come in hardcover, plus they have good resale value. you could probably do several hundred slim classics on a smaller budget, but those cost 25c each IRL.

journal articles (in which case you're making a course reader) are the most viable, but DLing and compiling the individual articles is worth more in time than even the $80 your uni charges

waste of time, money, and paper
>>
holy shit op me too.
>he made 3 parts
>not 2
>>
>>53611769
yeah this is 2016 everything should be digital I only read forums on digital screens and I never read books because books are stupid and they're heavy and you can't use zoom
>>
>tfw school switched to ebooks
>access to ebooks lasts 2 years
>program is 4 years
I'm gonna write textbooks when I'm done
>>
>>53613980
Then why is the book just as expensive when you purchase it online
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.