[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/g/, I really like pic related. I'm a poor fag, but I'd
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault.jpg (239 KB, 1920x1280) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
239 KB, 1920x1280
/g/, I really like pic related. I'm a poor fag, but I'd buy with disposable income.
>>
>>>/lgbt/
>>
>>53597337
Just save up, 1200 isn't that much. I am a poorfag too and had no problem buying it.
>>
Apple has a payment plan for poor people.
>>
>>53597434
Now that's a bad idea. Aren't there any stores that offer 0% interest in Burgerland?
>>
>>>/lbgt/
>>
>>53597337
they aren't shit, but if you are a poor fag why bother getting a mac. I would only want a mac if it was free otherwise i'm fine with my asus
>>
>>53597337
Use your disposable income to rent a server in iran and I'll get an african scammer to buy you one
>>
>>53597337
steal one
>>
>>53597443

The payment plans are 0% interest too, retard.
>>
>>53597840
Let's not encourage bad behavior, Tyrone.
>>
>fake keyboard and fake mouse that don't have tactile feedback
>literal mobile CPU
>and yet, macfags will defend it
>>
>>53597337
>>>/lgbt/
>>
>>53597932
don't forget

>fake screen
>battery
>smaller than a room
>>
>>53598058
>implying I'm wrong
>>
>>53597337
save up the money and then buy a motorcycle instead
>>
>>53598136
Partially wrong, fully dumb. The usual, really.
>>
>>53598179
>Yeah, you're wrong but I won't say how or why. I'll also attack your intelligence while I'm at it.
>>
>>53597932
>literal mobile CPU
you mean tablet?
>>
>>53598332

>implying it matters

Have you seen the kinds of shit people do on the iPad Pro? "Tablet" and "mobile" CPUs are capable of a lot nowadays.
>>
>>53598393
it's a laptop, it makes sense to use a mobile cpu

of course it fucking matters

what are you, retarded?
>>
>>53598558
It make sense to use the CPU best suited for the intended tasks and hardware. Core M is close to perfect for that, specially the Skylake version.
>>
>>53597337
"Core M isn't designed to replace Intel's regular Core Series, which includes the Core i3, Core i5 and Core i7 CPU families, nor does it eliminate the need for the company's low-cost, low-power Atom CPUs. The new platform sits in-between Atom and Core Series processors in terms of price, power and performance, offering faster speeds than the Atom Z3700 series that powers many budget tablets, but slower marks than a typical Core i3 or Core i5 processor"

if you are alright with paying real-laptop money for a glorified netbook do it up.

should be fine, remote into desktop for heavy lifting
>>
>>53597337
Literally why? If you want a MacBook that badly buy a 13" Pro, roughly the same price but better specs.
>>
>>53598393
>"mobile" CPUs are capable of a lot nowadays
what about compiling, decoding 10-bit video and running real applications?
>>
>>53597337
save a little more and get a MBA or MBP
that shit lags a lot when browsing(i'm not even considering facebook)
>>
>>53598661
faster to send the files off somewhere for processing. unless it's like the video example. waiting for gigs to xfer over the net sux. then buy a pro at that point
>>
File: 1452659554627.png (134 KB, 334x393) Image search: [Google]
1452659554627.png
134 KB, 334x393
>>53597337
>Amerifat
>homo
>good goy
>>
>>53598635

emphasis on price, power, and performance.

that macbook is expensive. too expensive.
>>
>>53598635
>glorified netbook
With one of the best screens on the market, NVMe SSD, godly keyboard/trackpad and 8h+ battery life. Oh and it runs all the programs you could possibly need on a laptop.

>>53598661
>compiling
Depends.

>decoding 10-bit video
Should work, link me a sample for testing. I am curious myself.

>running real applications
Define "real" applications.

>>53598696
There are hardly any alternatives if you want a great screen but a light laptop. Even Air is huge compared to the new Macbook.
>>
rMBP or bust mate.
>>
I have it, OP.
Typing on it right now.
It runs surprisingly well. I can play WoW on it and have 10 tabs open at once and notice no slowdowns. Would recommend,
>>
I've thought of getting this as a sort of 'thin client' thing but I don't know if I could get used to the keyboard.
>>
>>53598999
>one of the best screens on the market
it's not even glorified 1280x800
they have to use scaling to get it to 1280x800 effective
>godly keyboard/trackpad
the keyboard is dog shit, and the trackpad is only good for tracking. It feels like a cheap toy when you need to click.
>>
Get a Zenbook UX305LA instead. It's much better and for half the price.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.