[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tell me why this is a bad idea
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: one hand keypad mouse combo.png (844 KB, 2326x600) Image search: [Google]
one hand keypad mouse combo.png
844 KB, 2326x600
>keypad for keyboard shortcuts for quick and more precise navigation that what is possible with a mouse
>trackball (or a thinkclit if you'd rather have that) for more complex navigation that can't be done with keyboard shortcuts, such as selecting links on a web page
>leaves other hand free to do whatever you want
Tell me why this is a bad idea.
>>
>>53595394
Shit, forgot to shop in the second mouse button
>>
you'd want to put the mouse buttons somewhere your fingers can click them, you don't want to move your thumb just to click, else it'd be slower and prevent you from holding-and-dragging.
>>
>>53595492
You need a mouse wheel senpai.
>>
>>53595877
You could just do that with keys on the keypad though.
>>
SHIT + SHIT = ?? A FUCKING SHIT
>>
>>53595394
assuming you throw on some mouse buttons and a scroll wheel on it I don't see why not but then what really is your left hand doing?
using a ten key to navigate?
>>
>>53596775
>but then what really is your left hand doing?
Anything from messing with shit to just sitting on the arm of my chair to touching myself. Just like it would be doing if I was using a mouse. Also a lot of default keyboard shortcuts are inconvenient to do with your left hand while your right is on the mouse and I don't feel like making and remembering new binds for every program that I use that won't work with any computer that I didn't set up to use those binds.
>>
>>53597296
You should just learn and adapt
trying to shove all things into one mouse is going to be more inconvenient in the long run
>>
>>53596775
dual wielding? No shit I use two mice because of RSI so I can use each hand less, and I have a separate keypad that I use for keybinds. One of these would be cool.
>>
>>53595877
different versions have a scroll wheel. My roommate has one with a wheel
>>
>>53595394
I'd buy this.
But not with this retarded button lyout.
You can't make the mouse buttons operated with the same finger (thumb) as the ball. Either a thumb ball with finger operated buttons, or a finger ball with thumb-operated left click
Also, scroll wheel.
>>
File: razer-nostromo-gallery-1.png (284 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
razer-nostromo-gallery-1.png
284 KB, 800x600
>all these scroll wheel complaints
would be god-tier if that was an analog joystick and not a d-pad
>>
>>53600058
I don't know, I'd rather have 6 more buttons and bind the arrow keys and page up/page down to them. Hell, I'd probably already have the arrow keys on there for going forward/back a page, going between tabs, and other purposes so all I'd be adding would be page up/page down.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.