[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Not using Manjaro with DDE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: manjarodeepinEDIT.png (1 MB, 1913x1080) Image search: [Google]
manjarodeepinEDIT.png
1 MB, 1913x1080
>Not using Manjaro with DDE
>>
>>53593065
I'm really considering it for my old laptop. But how much slower is it than xfce?
>>
>>53593256
KDE is bloated af. Don't do that to yourself
>>
>>53594875
hum OP is talkin about DDE not KDE,
DDE is a GNOME3 fork by a chinese company for
deepin OS.
https://www.deepin.org/?language=en

>>53593065
What are the good points of DDE? Why should we use it instead of GNOME or KDE?
>>
File: 1337446970246.jpg (74 KB, 426x426) Image search: [Google]
1337446970246.jpg
74 KB, 426x426
>>53593065

Budgie is the best DE

What's wrong with you?
>>
>there are people who use DEs other than Xfce or MATE
Why would you do this to yourself?
>>
>>53596162
People want to have a resizable file chooser icon view
>>
>>53596162
I have two installed, XFCE and Cinnamon. Cinnamon is modern and uses modern stuff under the hood, XFCE gives me graphical glitches where I get actual sketchy mess somewhere or the whole desktop and all its programs lose two thirds of their letters and symbols. It's faster though and I would like to use it, and I sometimes do. Cinnamon just seems to work better.

I have Intel GPU in this laptop.
>>
>>53596382
There are tons of icon view solutions available out there you memer
>>
>>53596397
>Cinnamon modern modern
You know what else is modern? Gnome3 and KDE5 and both are shit.
>XFCE gives me graphical glitches where I get actual sketchy mess somewhere or the whole desktop and all its programs lose two thirds of their letters and symbols
I never got this or the screen tearing meme, am I really just that lucky?
>>
>>53596397
You may want to try compton instead of xfwm as compositor
easy af tutorial on almost vanilla xfce
http://duncanlock.net/blog/2013/06/07/how-to-switch-to-compton-for-beautiful-tear-free-compositing-in-xfce/
>>
>>53596425
>the screen tearing meme
Maybe now you understand why there is a meme about it. It happens and not just once per lifetime either.
>>
>>53593065
I don't know anon, it looks nice and all but Chinese are notorious for their malware. I'm ok with using XFCE atm.
>>
>>53595035
not him: >>53593256, but also interested: how much slower than xfce/lxde/MATE is it?
>>
>>53593065
what's idle memory like

ANSWER ME
>>
Deepin is made my the chinks in chinkland

I dont trust the chinks
>>
>>53595373
Tried it yesterday. It was shit.

But that's just a personal opinion.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.