[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DAW General: 80's v2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: DAW GENERAL_5.png (624 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
DAW GENERAL_5.png
624 KB, 1024x1024
What is a DAW?
Digital
Audio
Workstation

>What DAW is yours?

>How long you been on it?

>How long have you been into music?

>What genre do you play with the most?

>What Genre do you think you are best at?

>Have you thought about changing up to something else?

>What's your favorite synth, no matter how dumb it is?

>Do you see yourself doing this way later on even if you get no where?

Bonus points:

>What is best 80's?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>this is /g/ not /mu/ gtfo

We do not talk about the music as it is but how it's created and what we use and how to help
others get better

1 simple rule I hope you can guys do, please don't be assholes to those who
have a different perspective on another DAW, no matter what it is or how shitty
it is. I know there are some very laughable ones out there but ya know...
So please just be as helpful as you can.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Links and info:
For the sake of work, you are allowed to use a name. Just don't
make yourself look like a dumb ass and make me regret saying
that.

If you need help, you can use Clyp.it if you wish to stay anon.

If this thread is ded you are welcomed to Nexus, A discord
server specifically made around 4chan. If link is bork,
please message the thread. There is a DAW General chat here:

https://discord.gg/0lS3CoGz1pJKA01O

[NOTE: THIS LINK SHOULD REMAIN VALID THROUGHOUT THE ARCHIVES.]

If you have a good tutorial from youtube, post it, next Gen,
I'l begin a list and make a playlist:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=of7LXoom3dk&list=PLGYoE903Nir5I5A8IBNVV0euTUuKcpq7Y
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCchjpg1aaY91WubqAYRcNsg
>>>/mu/prod if you're interested more of the production.
>>
Should I buy a 49 or a 61 key midi keyboard?
I want to play anime piano music and maybe make videogame background music
>>
>>53592223
Depends on what you're asking cause you can move notes around in a DAW
>>
>>53592480
I'm afraid I didn't understand anything you said
>>
>>53592570
. . . .

Basically saying, the keyboard is pointless with how many you have on it. Getting a basic keyboard is fine. As long as it's a basic midi usb keyboard, you're fine. You really don't need to go insane on notes. People do this and waste money on things they don't need. Just get a basic, plug it in, move the notes to the correct places, you're set.
>>
>>53592617
Ah, I get it now
But won't too little keys limit me somewhat playing piano pieces with both very low and very high frequency tones?
>>
>>53592699
most if not all popular music is basically 4 cords. You don't need a whole lot to get noticed.
>>
>>53592699
* I'm basically not sure if 49 is enough for some pieces where you go one key too the left/right after every key press for a while
>>
>>53592699
kek
it can only limit you if you already know how to play a real piano
>>
>>53592746
I can play a real piano pretty well ...in my mind
It just seems like 49 keys may not be enough watching pieces like that https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FS0TBT20gwA being played
>>
>>53593032
you really don't unless you're making orchestra music
>>
>>53593846
I make lots of orchestral mockups and I ended up ditching the MIDI keyboard for mouse + computer keyboard. I have become exceedingly efficient at it. These days I only break out the MIDI keyboard to check if something is playable on a piano. YMMV, of course.
>>
>>53592193
There's no blue-green edge on a rubik's cube.
>>
>>53595340
that's pretty cool

>>53595463
I wouldn't know that. Never owned one.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.