[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>professor posts assignment online >.docx instead of .pdf
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6
File: 1402005404263.png (57 KB, 706x598) Image search: [Google]
1402005404263.png
57 KB, 706x598
>professor posts assignment online
>.docx instead of .pdf
>>
>having to deal with people who only learn as much as they need to in order to be leading researchers in their field

i know man, we're martyrs.
>>
>not having the assignment in .html

S-surely that was the entire fucking point... so everyone can read the same document on whatever system configuration you have.
>>
File: 4L_wLkv8wHe.jpg (52 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
4L_wLkv8wHe.jpg
52 KB, 1280x720
>>53585780
>tfw linux makes you fail college
>>
>>53585806
universities pay a lot for access to things like MSDNAA to ensure that lazy, cheap faggots can't hold classes back in this way.

you should have free access to software you need. if you don't, then ask for it. if you get denied, I don't know what to say; go to a less horrible university.
>>
>>53585780
Analyze metadata and see all the weird shit your prof wrote.
>>
>>53585780
I always write long winded rants and chain mail it to every single student, faculty and researcher in the department every time that happens even though I can actually open most .docx files with libreoffice nowadays.
>>
>>53585845
>This was an april fools you moron.
You got baited because someone said that linux was bad.
>>
File: Happy-Sad-Frog-08.png (78 KB, 412x351) Image search: [Google]
Happy-Sad-Frog-08.png
78 KB, 412x351
>/g/ promoting GNU/Shitnux over the BSD and illumos families
>>
you think this is bad?

i work in a hospital, and around christmas my inbox (outlook of course, no imap or pop access) went full because every department sent their best wishes to everyone in the form of pptx presentations
>>
>>53585911
it seems easy to filter that shit. just say that anything sent to {some_mailing_list} that has a pptx attachment should get archived or whatever.

Don't delete it - maybe someone will send an important powerpoint file to everyone - but spare yourself an obnoxious email.
>>
>>53585909
feel free to promote unusable memes yourself
>>
>>53585929
to create a new folder for my filter, i have to call the IT hotline and they create the folder. amazingly, some of my colleages do just that, every time their inbox is full they request a new folder :-/
>>
>>53586122
this sounds insane.
>>
>>53586142
>call IT
>"where are you calling from?"
>"i'm on ward xy"
>"no, i mean, which hospital?"

needless to say, about half of all mail is printed and filed somewhere

if i request an additional lab parameter post-hoc, the correct procedure is to fill out the requisition form online, then print it and fax it to the lab
>>
File: 1402886637135.png (274 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1402886637135.png
274 KB, 480x480
>>53586122
Fuck me and I thought my IT situation at work was bad...
>>
>>53585845
Loonix has no probs with docex
>>
>>53586324
well, the biggest problem is a trivial one - the computers are slow. intel pentium inside. and mcaffee antivirus of course.

also, but this is not the it department's fault, most of our common folders are organized with subfolders named a, b, c, etc, because, you know, a folder can only hold so many files...
>>
>>53586248
>if i request an additional lab parameter post-hoc, the correct procedure is to fill out the requisition form online, then print it and fax it to the lab
(CAN'T WAKE UP)
>>
File: 1442747561844.jpg (42 KB, 400x510) Image search: [Google]
1442747561844.jpg
42 KB, 400x510
>>53585780
>prof post pdf for exam
>150 pages
>it has diagonal watermark across every page with 72 font size
Someone should kill this man
>>
LibreOffice opens docx infinitely better than Microsoft Office opens odt.
>>
>>53585780
Stand up for yourself OP. Send the Professor an email asking him to choose a format that's more portable. If he's a decent dude, he will be moved.
>>
>>53585896
that's a damn good April Fools
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.