[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What CAD software do you use and for what purpose, /g/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: cad.png (792 KB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
cad.png
792 KB, 3840x2160
What CAD software do you use and for what purpose, /g/?
>>
>>53579540
Revit, Rhino + Grasshopper and AutoCAD.

I use them for my job designing fuckhueg multistorey buildings and skyscrapers along with random sculptures from tosspot architects.
>>
Notepad++
>>
File: fusion360-OSX-fs8.png (71 KB, 1261x770) Image search: [Google]
fusion360-OSX-fs8.png
71 KB, 1261x770
>>53579540
Fusion360 is fucking god-tier. It's so much more intuitive than SW. And it also comes with an amazing CAM.
>>
>>53579580
Do you do BIM or just static modeling?
>>
I use solid works in school
Thank you for reading anon
bye
>>
>>53579628
Both.

Depends on the job.

Mrs Miggin's house extension doesn't need 4D BIM. Fuck I mean we'd be lucky if the contractor even read our 2D drawings half the fucking time.
>>
>>53579685
Makes sense. I figured since you said you work on skyscrapers that they would be most of what you do. It takes fucking forever to get all the systems laid out in those monsters.
>>
File: 1386709485904.jpg (173 KB, 653x786) Image search: [Google]
1386709485904.jpg
173 KB, 653x786
>>53579715
>I figured since you said you work on skyscrapers that they would be most of what you do

I'd say 60%.

> It takes fucking forever to get all the systems laid out in those monsters.

Yet the systems engineers always seem to sit on their fat arses for years until we're weeks away from construction and they want to put holes in all the critical structural elements.
>>
>>53579645
Me3
Highschool or college?What do u make on class?
>>
>>53579580
I'm studying architecture any tips?
I currently using AutoCAD and SketchUp is Revit worth learning?
>>
>>53579996
Tip: be careful.

Architects grow and develop in a world where they are shut down and criticised constantly. The result is a breed of 'designers' who are defensive, butthurt and entitled little brats right the way up into late adulthood.

Architect's have told me to 'take a different view' on my specification for installation of a moment resisting frame when removing a 7m X 6m rear masonry wall from a house. They then get uppity when I tell them they are more than welcome to design the structure themselves if they so wish.

But back to your question;
Frankly, learn all 3, it will help you get your first job in an architecture office.

I've never really needed sketchup because it's pretty useless from a structural perspective when pitted against BIM packages that interface well with structural analysis software.
>>
>>53580082
SketchUp is very good to let ideas flow for a project
it has a simple way of doing 3D models and you can just fly your imagination
but yeah I currently working with an architect office and we use primarily AutoCAD to make all the projects, they are not skyscrapers but its more what you learn on the field than in the office
>>
>>53579613
>more intuitive than SW

Yeah nice try grandpa, no autodesk product is more intuitive than anything, I could learn to use a CAD package written in chinese more easily than burgerdesk.
>>
For product design shit like in OP I use autodesk inventor. I like that you can design individual parts and assemble them with simulated physics and shit. Learning curve is a little high. Solid works is similar.

I'm an archifag as well so I also use all the previously mentioned shit for buildings.

My fave is rhino tho, great for designing dragon dildos.
>>
>>53579540
I use CATIA at work, but mostly just to visualize stuff

t. aerospace structures engineer
>>
Siemens NX

Designing and engineering hightech dildos.
>>
File: 1444703955456.png (156 KB, 270x270) Image search: [Google]
1444703955456.png
156 KB, 270x270
Sketchup

I'm a web developer but sometimes the plant downstairs wants me to make shop drawings for furniture
>>
>>53579613
>trial
>intuitive
>cloud
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.