[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reusing one screen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: _20160320_094403.jpg (431 KB, 1440x1992) Image search: [Google]
_20160320_094403.jpg
431 KB, 1440x1992
Can I use this to recycle my old laptop screen? The laptops dead.

If not, anyone have any idea what I can use instead?

HDMI is necessary since I want to use it for a pi project.
>>
>>53577913
Are these the same gook ones being sold on ebay? I want to buy one too but I don't know if there's anything better.
>>
>>53578170
Yeah it's on aliexpress.

Universal HDMI VGA 2AV 50PIN TTL LVDS Controller Board Module Monitor Kit for Raspberry PI LCD AT070TN92 tn90 94 Panel freeship
http://s.aliexpress.com/ARriQrAB
(from AliExpress Android)

Want to make some kind of laptop thing with the pi so it'll be neat if it works.

Also a pi should perform fine at 720p?
Orange pi pc
>>
>>53578229
The seller for the one on ebay needs the model number for your monitor to program the controller board before shipping. I don't see anything about that in the aliexpress one you posted.

Does it just work with any monitor?

I don't know much about these.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/110913284737
>>
>>53578542
That's what I want to know.

My monitor flex cable looks like it'll fit but I'm worried it won't.
>>
>>53579284
I don't think you should get the aliexpress one, anon. It doesn't even list what power cable you need for it.
>>
>>53579631
How about this?

7 inch Raspberry Pi IPS LCD Simple version With HDMI VGA AV Screen Display Module For Pcduino Banana Pi 800x480
http://s.aliexpress.com/6bqQfiei
(from AliExpress Android)

I want it to work on an orange pi pc
>>
>>53579844
I think it'll work since it looks like it's the module plus the screen.

I wouldn't count on the screen being good quality, though.
>>
>>53579844
>>53580051
Wait, I take that back.

I don't see a power adapter or any indication of voltage requirements.
>>
>>53580108
Wouldn't it draw it's power from the pi?
>>
>>53580209
I think the ones that do that are the ones that plug directly into the gpio pins.

I don't think this one has those connections and has a dc port.

At least I don't see it and it doesn't have an actual product description.
>>
>>53580279
There was one that plugs directly into the gpio, 4 inch, 320x480.

Orange pi pc is gpio compatible with the raspberry pi so it should work?

I'd rather convert a 10 inch laptop screen though.
>>
>>53580373
I think orange pis will work with those, I'm not 100% sure.

A laptop monitor is definitely ideal.

Not trying to shill but the only module kit that I've heard good things about is the one in the link I posted. You can even buy a power adapter from them.
>>
>>53580497
It's slightly not so convenient though since I want to power the pi from batteries (18650s).

I guess for a mobile power source the 4inch one just might be best, even if the resolution is.
>>
>>53580621
You could power the screen with the batteries. You'd just need to get the voltage right. I can't promise the battery life would last too long.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.