[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's talk about online IDEs, which one do you use and why?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: php.png (340 KB, 650x433) Image search: [Google]
php.png
340 KB, 650x433
Let's talk about online IDEs, which one do you use and why?
>>
BOTNET
O
T
N
E
T
>>
>>53572965
Dude what?
>>
>>53572955
c9.io
Free, git support, access to Ubuntu console (you can use sudo and 5Gb), private and public repositories,...
Language support for 150+ languages.
Works
>>
intellij cuz im a java wagecuck
>>
>>53572990
CLOUD
L
O
U
D
>>
>>53572955
Linux+vim
>>
Why the flying fuck would anyone use those? Seriously?
>>
>want to program on a plane
>can't without paying $5 an hour for internet
No thanks
>>
>>53573681
For web development they are comfy as fuck, some offer a oneclick option to setup php,mysql, and a framework of your choice, furthermore it being in the clouds means you don't have to worry about physically carrying a laptop or whatever.
>>
>>53573681
Intellisence, code-completion or whatever cool name it has these days.
And source refactoring, especially if you work with a large codebase!
>>
Shill thread is shill.

An online web-based ide has literally zero benefits over an actual application.
>>
Emacs, the only thing I've needed so far.
>>
>>53574300
what if you need a server farm to achieve acceptable compile times?
>>
>>53574300
read this
>>53574091

Have fun installing and configuring php with apache, phpmyadmin, and all that shit.
>>
>>53572990
>>53572965
>>53573664

Ignore the weird men in tin foil hats, Timmy. There's nothing we can do to help them now.
>>
>>53574514
XAMPP

Hit RUN, start coding.

I used to do this as a kid, web developers nowadays are the autists of the developer area.
>>
>>53574604
For basic php code of course it's that easy. But if you want to install a framework and fine tune shit, it's a hassle.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.