[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cross-overs and Stuff
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
In your oppinion, what could be the best cross-over ever? And why?
>>
The games from windows, the performance from Linux and the looks from osx.
>>
>>53571406
all available on windows 10.
>>
>>53571440
bot
net
>>
>>53571440
get out rajeesh
>>
>>53571440
Shoo shoo, go poo in loo
>>
>>53571440
>looks
>Windows 10
>>
>>53571440
No.

Performance wise, Linux distros are better. Some are pretty barebones and they are unmatched in performance. Unmatched.

Windows 10 also has terrible, terrible font rendering, buggy scaling (anything in between 100% and 125% will give issues) is less consistent in design than previous systems, keeps leftovers from older versions and you can't change the visual style, which is too white for comfort.
>>
>>53571440
DESIGNATED
>>
>>53571499
>in between 100% and 125%

never a need for that anyway.
>>
>>53571628
I beg to differ. For instance on a 25 inch ultrawide monitor with a resolution of 2560x1080, I'll tell you that 100% is too small, 125% is too big.

On Linux this is not an issue at all.
>>
>>53571384
all games to be written to opengl, getting rid of directX completely

everything from linux, except the file transfer abilities of osx or windows, doesn't matter, linux kernel has poor multi-file transferring simultaneously abilities
>>
>>53571406
>looks from osx.
use some kde distro ~2008
>>
>>53571738
>25 inch ultrawide monitor

useless meme size
>>
>>53572063
> opengl
I get the dislike for directx but do you know just how shit opengl is?

> linux kernel has poor multi-file transferring simultaneously abilities
Quality Microsoft contribution.

>>53572088
They are all gimmicky mess. You need to use OSX for a while to see just how perfect it is. The consistency between all 3rd party software is amazing too and way beyond everything you see on Linux or Windowns.
>>
the one where the male and female crossover and you get liberalism
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.