[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
RIP
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 8
File: Lifehacker-logo.png (16 KB, 599x150) Image search: [Google]
Lifehacker-logo.png
16 KB, 599x150
RIP
>>
>>53562862
BELIEVE IT BROTHER
>>
>>53562964
kek
>>
>>53562964
WHATCHU GONNA DO WHEN HULK COMES FOR YOU
>>
>It's awful how Anonymous released nude photos of jennifer lawrence
>Check out this Hulk Hogan sex tape
>>
anyone got links?
is it any good?
>>
File: 1457936124880.jpg (87 KB, 540x482) Image search: [Google]
1457936124880.jpg
87 KB, 540x482
Hulk Hogan is a bad person.
>>
>>53562862
Gawker is the parent company for some truly terrible news outlets. I'm glad that they have been dealt this blow desu
>>
Is $115mil lawsuit really enough to fuck them over? What are they, some poorfag media company?
>>
>>53563081

It really sucked, unless you wanna hear hulk Hogan say nigger I wouldn't watch
>>
>>53565053
I doubt they'll have to pay it all at once
>>
I don't really keep up with trashy gawker websites. can someone catch me up?
>>
>>53565106
They have to pay over $115 million to Hulk Hogan for leaking and refusing to take down (after a court order) his sex tape.
>>
>>53565089
Apparently they have to pay it all right away in florida.
>>
Man I liked lifehacker, it was a friendly website with some cool diy articles.
>>
lifehacker and co. were good no later than last decade
>>
>>53565053
>poorfag media company?
Yes, most are...

>Is $115mil lawsuit really enough to fuck them over?
Yes, they don't have liability insurance - so it's $115milllion (plus a possible extra $75million in punitive damages, the $115m is 100% compensation) out of their own hip pockets.
>>
File: hulkamania.jpg (257 KB, 536x396) Image search: [Google]
hulkamania.jpg
257 KB, 536x396
OH YEAH
IT'S TIME FOR HULKAMANIA
>>
>>53565202
It probably won't be going anywhere.

Gawker will chapter11, but anything of worth will be sold off to furnish their debt - so it's very likely lifehacker will live on - just not as a Gawker property.
>>
>>53565132
lifehacker did? or gawker?

why would lifehacker post the video in the first place? don't they just post listicles of stupid tips everyone knows?
>>
>>53565316
Gawker posted it, they own lifehacker though.
>>
I'll miss Jalopnik
>>
hulk hogan cried during the court proceedings?
because his sex tapes got leaked online?
>$60 MILLION for emotional damage

What a fucking pansy faggot.
>>
>>53566163
And the result is that Gawker media is literally kill

HULKAMANIA YEAAHAHH BROTHER
>>
>>53566175
Agreed, cannot argue with the results brother.
>>
>>53566175
as much as I hate all of gawker's properties, they're not gonna go bankrupt over 115 million.
>>
$115mil? Hehe... no... that's the just the START!!!

next week they'll start with PUNITIVE damages discussion. I hope it ends up being closer to $200 million!

Why? Because fuck those SJW/faggot/anti-white pieces of shit.
>>
What happened?
>>
>>53566221
>they're not gonna go bankrupt over 115 million.
retard detected.

1) they don't have $115 million
2) that's not the final figure (it will be much more than that)
3) Nick Denton, the jew owner, is on the hook, personally, as well.

Gawker & Denton are fucked.
>>
GOD BLESS AMERICA
>>
>>53566221
Oh well, still left quite the dent. Honestly, this more than we could ever ask for.
>>
>>53566238
gawker published a sex tape with hulk hogan
hulk hogan got triggered and sued for 100 million dollars
he just won
and now this opens the floodgates for everyone else to sue them too, they are literally dead meat

good fucking riddance too, fuck kotaku
>>
>>53566221
They have to pay 115 million just to START defending themselves. Their entire assets are worth 300 million, and that's not liquid value, that's book value.
You can't just liquidate a third of your empire and expect it to go smoothly.
They're fucking dead

Rest in peace you fucking vultures

Not that I care about hulk's stupid video, they're a vulture on humanity.
>>
>>53566254
god bless him

I do sometimes visit lifehacker just to look at tech and things from outside perspective..but the rest of the sites from that network are fucking horrible. I don't care what happened to you at the cafe, I don't care that a game or an anime "triggers" you. I don't fucking care about game of thrones or whatever shit is popular in the states.

They should be their own site, not a part of a crappy network.

io9 was decent as well, but now it's total crap
>>
Is it even possible for tech companies to go out of business these days?
Don't they all have investors that pump them full of money even if they're literally unable to turn a profit?
>>
>>53565391
okay but lifehacker is sort of the benign tumor among the malignant tumors that gawker represents. why would someone take particular objection to lifehacker when there's almost literally a dozen other truly awful appendages of Gawker
>>
>>53566296
Gawker isn't a tech company, they can't have the art of scamming the shit out of investors
>>
>>53566284
does lifehacker even specifically give you a look at tech from an outside perspective? their stories are retarded fluff like this pic.

Are you talking about ValleyWag? Or something else?
>>
>>53566356
I look at the #technology, #tech and #Android parts of it. It's not as good as other sites, but it does the job for me.

I do read Arstechnica (as of recently it has begun looking more and more like The Verge, so I'm avoiding it) and Anandtech, too.
>>
>>53566356
>dat clickbait
gawker sites are like buzzfeed... just a bunch of vacuous articles designed to make you click on them.
>>
>gawker is kill
>all their blogs and IPs get sold to other companies
>all the SJW writers get to stay
>literally nothing changes

even if they all get let go, they'll just go to work for other news sites and spread their anti-white social justice vitrol there
>>
>>53565202
what are you some terrorist?

scum like you should be locked. now go to work and buy blu rays and 4k tvs
>>
>>53566398
kek no.

they go bankrupt, everyone's fired, assets go into a receivership.
>>
>>53566390
Basically this, everything from Gawker is pure clickb8, I can't understand why would anyone appreciate Lifehacker, even reading the shittiest threads on /g/ is better, and the shittiest thread on /diy/ is miles ahead
>>53566398
No one will want a brand as tarnished as Gawker
>>
>>53566415
the people don't disappear, you fucking moron, they'll scatter like cockroaches and infect every other news outlet

granted, maybe the guy who wrote the hulk hogan sex tape article is probably blacklisted now, but what about everyone else?
>>
>>53566442
They're legitly shitty writers, only HuffPo would take a few of them, most of them will end up serving fries
>>
>>53566442
retard, if they end up working somewhere, their careers will be tainted by this shit plus they will report to a new editor who won't be as pro-SJW/pro-fag like Gawker's staff.

Gawker is literally owned by a gay jew with a nigger boyfriend.
>>
>>53566390
This is a totally different complaint from the original one, which actually had merit. I have nothing against buzzfeed and other clickbait any more than I have anything against horoscopes and other shitty time sinks.

Lifehacker is empty calories; Gawker is poison. They've done downright criminal shit, and some of their sites (like ValleyWag in particular) are very deliberate about stirring the pot and framing the bay area and the tech industry as the front lines in some sort of class warfare or some crazy ass shit.

I'm glad Gawker is going out of business, but not because it'll mean one less clickbait site. There is so much more to Gawker that's so much worse, that cheering over this makes it look like you all completely miss the point of the lawsuit in the first place (that *Gawker* does this kind of shit and it's not just illegal, but ethically wrong).
>>
>>53566560
care to name some examples?
>>
satan
>>
>>53566560
>You shouldn't be happy about hitler dying because stalin is still alive

Fuck you
>>
File: gawker media.jpg (451 KB, 1438x1968) Image search: [Google]
gawker media.jpg
451 KB, 1438x1968
>>53566610
are you living under a rock?
>>
>>53566296
Gawker isn't a fucking tech company you stupid fucking peasant
>>
Fuck yes

Gizmodo = The shitties tech "journalism" website out there. And that's saying something when there are tons of other shitty websites like "the verge" full of clueless "tech experts".

Kotaku = I don't care about video games because I'm not a manchild, but even then I still ran into their shitty journalism from time to time

Jezebel = Crazy feminists who want to kill all men

Lifehacker = Shitty "hacks" copy pasted straight off of some shitty forum discussion. Half the "hacks" don't even work. God I want to choke anybody that uses the term "lifehack" so much...

Deadspin = I don't give a shit about sports

Jalopnik = Probably the only website they own that's somewhat decent.

Their web design is atrocious, I really hope they go chapter 9 and sudoku.
>>
>>53566760
>reddit-post styling
>so much...
>...
Leave.
>>
>>53566760
>Jalopnik = Probably the only website they own that's somewhat decent.
They've been wrecking Jalonik a lot, most of their writers write on some other sites shit that Jalopnik won't allow because muh feelings
>>
>>53566780
Are you getting triggered just like the little pansies on gawker?

That's ironic.
>>
>>53566084
Jalopnik is garbage, guy
>>
>>53566163
I would cry in court for $115mil. Shit, I would probably suck a hundred cocks in court for that.
>>
File: rejoicelikeamotherfucker.jpg (152 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
rejoicelikeamotherfucker.jpg
152 KB, 640x640
>>53562862
thanks for the good news my friend. This brings much rejoice.
I do hope Gawker and everything they own and everyone they hired get fucked in the ass really hard.
>>
>>53562862
The worst part is that these shitty fucking clickbait cancerous sites have been revealed to be giant poorfags. For the all the stupid shit they stir up and all their brand name recognition, the fact that $115 million suit from a washed up niggerlover pro wrestler can make them out of business is a reason the phrase fuck this gay earth is the truest phrase ever told. These fucking cancer faggot writers have infected all of us with their bullshit clickbait shit, we live in a world of fear and hate and misinformation because of these faggots and they didn't even make any real money out of the deal?? Wtf!! Fuck them all!! I hope he sues for more money and I hope other people start suing. Maybe I'll sue jezebel for making me hate women. Maybe i'll sue them for defamation of patriarchy. If you are going to create a cancerous news network full of slimy faggot fucks at least scam a ton of money out of the deal so that $115 mil is a joke to you. If you are going to sell your soul to the devil like these faggots have at least get fucking paid.
>>
>>53566967
>we live in a world of fear and hate and misinformation because of these faggots and they didn't even make any real money out of the deal?? Wtf!!
They do it because they actually think they are "journalists". They do this or they fucking die flipping burgers, because they actually think they can be a journalist or a writer when there's no way in this earth they could do it for real.
>>
File: 610811848.jpg (10 KB, 241x250) Image search: [Google]
610811848.jpg
10 KB, 241x250
>>53562862
WHERE IS THE VIDEO???!!!
>>
>>53566713
Was just going to post this
>>
>>53566760
So what site do you recommend then?
>>
>>53563101
Yes, but bringing down Gawker would be good.

If Hulkster is the one who does it, so be it.
>>
>>53563101
How?
Is he worse than the cunts that work at Gawker media?
>>
>>53567388
gawker are still linking to it, amazingly
>>
>>53568670
oh wait, that link is dead, never mind
>>
>>53563013
I didn't get it.
>>
>>53562862
What's with it? It's still there
>>
>>53568711
Hulk Hogan won a case against gawker for 150 mil for leaking his sex tape and refusing to take it down.
>>
>>53568737
Oh. The site is shit anywa. Clickbait and if something is useful it's actually a link to some other blog..
>>
>>53566803
Jalopnik is the least cancer site there
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.