[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Buy COBY TV >It works fine for awhile >Warranty expires
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
>Buy COBY TV
>It works fine for awhile
>Warranty expires
>Had no issues so far, assume nothing bad will happen
>Suddenly it won't turn on
>It will have the blue light, but not turn on
>In I unplug it and plug it back in, it won't have the light
>Then, the light will randomly come back on after a random amount of time
>Then, once in some blue moon if the light stays on, then my TV will start working again.
>if I leave it off for 20 seconds it stops working again
QUALITY
>>
>>53562081
Probably bad capacitors on the power board. Easy fix if you can use a soldering iron.
>>
>>53562307
Also forgot to add you might be able to just buy a new board, they are easy to replace, remove back, unplug old power board, plug in new board, watch tv
>>
>buying shit brands
>>
Open it up and replace the capacitors that have died.
>>
>>53562376

Same happened to Samsung a few years ago. Thousands of complaints.
>>
>>53562307
Electrolytics are easy to replace, but aren't they using SMD parts more and more? Those would be significantly more difficult to replace.
>>
lol your tv is now in retirement mode.
>>
>>53562533
lmao
>>
>>53562501
They all you cheap caps and MOSFETs.
My 2010 Bravia 52NX800 shit out and I tracked it down to 2 bad MOSFETs that took out a fusable resistor on the power supply. $10 in parts and an hour of time and it was good as new and still running years later.
>>
>>53563746
*use not you
>>
>>53562376
>implying different "brands" aren't all just the same Foxconn LCD panel with "Qualitech" sprayed on and marked up 250%
>>
>>53562081
You get what you pay for, cheapass.
>>
>>53562081
You bought coby dawg. I mean seriously.

Go to Costco and get a name brand for 400
>>
>>53562081
I spent $130 for a 1080p 32 inch insignia TV that was for sale and have never had a problem with it
>>
>>53562081
>Buy COBY TV
That was your first mistake.
>>
>>53564606
>>53565426
>Name brands

You can't possibly be this retarded.
>>
>>53564863
Insignia TVs are re-branded LG TVs
>>
File: 40A50.jpg (425 KB, 850x549) Image search: [Google]
40A50.jpg
425 KB, 850x549
>>53562081
40'' LED PANAVOX for 300 bucks, 2 years and it still works perfectly.
>>
>Buy COBY TV
Well here's your problem.
>>
>>53562081
>get shitty 1360*768 32" black Friday tv from my dad
>use it as main pc monitor for the past 2 years
>read reviews because curious
>seems that they all died in 9 months
>still don't see the need in buying a new monitor because this one still works and im poorfag enough to not care about 1360
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.