[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is IPS just a meme?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: 9353746874398.jpg (28 KB, 600x539) Image search: [Google]
9353746874398.jpg
28 KB, 600x539
So I was thinking of buying a new monitor. But I'd like a medium priced quality monitor. I dont play games that often anymore but mostly watch videos and use photoshop/gimp.
I was considering of buying an Asus IPS monitor.
But is it really woth buying IPS over some faster and cheaper TN? Is the difference that big?
>>
anything of decent quality is meme
>>
but you might want to get a cheap TN panel and wait for the next big meme: OLED.
>>
>>53558293
Since you used the word meme I will not help you
>>
>>53558293
It is noticeable. While IPS not near OLED screens (Which has the clearest colors) its still better than TN.

Its not even that more expensive. I bought my LG for around $150-200 last november.
>>
>>53558327
Do I need to care if it's Asus or LG?
>>
>>53558293
I noticed a huge difference on my recently acquired x220 which has ips vs my old laptops. Idk if the difference is as huge for legit monitors though but all i can say is i would have a hard time downgrading after my ips experience.
>>
>>53558357
Ohm. I heard Asus creates good IPS panels (I would stay away from their TN panels)

LG has a great history in TV's and Monitor, just ordered a TN panel from them which has better color accuracy than some of the cheapest IPS
>>
>>53558409
Also the reason I overed a TN panel, because I already have an IPS panel, and I want to try out the 144hz Meme
>>
TN pannels have more washed out greyed out colors than IPS panels,
but the biggest positive going for IPS panels is the viewing angles in my opinion, where you can watch the TV or monitor from 30 degrees and you'd still see everything without the colors going fucky.
Of course, that becomes irrelevant if you have monitor arms that can be easily and quickly adjusted.
>>
>>53558293
>Is the difference that big?
Yes.
>>
>>53558730
When you have a large screen it's never irrelevant.
The corners are always at a different viewing angle from the center.
>>
>2016
>thinking any monitor is crap
My god, this isn't 2010, kids. Even buying a cheapass bargain basement shit brand will get you good quality. This "IPS vs TN" bullshit is outdated.
>>
>>53558293
The difference in colour and especially black+whites is huge. If you are used to a fast tn monitor for gaming then most ips screens will feel blurry in motion. I'm a console gamer mostly so when I made the upgrade I bought the fastest 60hz ips monitor available, the eizo foris fs2333. It's not quite as fast as a 2ms TN but its fucking close, it's more like 5ms from what I remember and it's as quick as it gets for ips. Fairly expensive but well worth the money.
>>
>>53558293
>go into a store
>compare image quality of TN screens vs IPS
>realize it's gigantic
>buy IPS screen
It's not that hard.

>>53558388
The only TN screen that doesn't look like pure shit is probably from old macbooks and Airs, other than that the difference is usually as obvious as a cock hitting you in the eye.
>>
>>53558824
Ips defo looks better, bud.
>>
>>53558303
OLEDs coming soon is a meme.
>>
>>53559191
2017 is soon.
>>
>>53559225
Not with that price.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.