[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any interesting projects out there attempting to make
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: SHODAN_hires[1].jpg (46 KB, 385x414) Image search: [Google]
SHODAN_hires[1].jpg
46 KB, 385x414
Are there any interesting projects out there attempting to make a smart AI that has a personality and is able to think and communicate intelligently? I don't mean stupid chat bots that repeat memes that it learned from thousands of people talking to it.

Is this kind of thing even possible? How would you go about writing a program that is a constantly running process that learns how to receive string inputs from a user and understand what it means?

I remember downloading a program like this but it didn't have any genuine intellect. It was written in Pascal and used an algorithm to recognize patterns in strings and repeat them back in semi-relevant ways.
>>
>>53541038
You are retarded. You don't know what anything means. You will never make a computer learn any of it either. You are just as dumb as a 4 bit half adder.
>>
>>53541075
oh.
>>
>being so socially retarded that you're waiting for someone to make an AI so you could chat with it
Go out and make some friends you fag
>>
File: Chii.full.122757.jpg (534 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Chii.full.122757.jpg
534 KB, 1024x768
>>53541293
>not wanting a superior waifu who will do whatever you want and have genuine emotions

It's like you're retarded or something.
>>
>>53541075
kek
>>
>>53541356
>do whatever you want
>genuine emotions
Maybe when you grow up, you'd learn those are contradictory.
>>
>>53541038
Not with the current tech. You would need thousands of multiconnected cpus with no delay and petabytes of storage.
There are a bunch of theoretical frameworks for conscious AIs.
>>
>>53541396
>AI
>conforming to human norms
Holy shit you are retarded???
>>
>>53541038
Build a neural network with a huge amount of neurons. But Problems with this are that you need a shitload of training and computational power.

But beside that there are still other problems:
How do you connect all those neurons?
What are the metrics to tell if a machine has an geniune intellect?

I guess a big part of a genuine intellect is self awareness, and as a result of that the ability to improve itself. At this point, this topic becomes philosophical: Why are you you? Why am I me? How can we build a machine that is self aware? Emotions? etc.

for now, just wait what google & co is coming up with.
>>
>>53541495
>wants AI to have emotions
>doesn't want human norms
>>
>>53541518
>implying you can't configure them to not be whiny cunts
????
>>
>>53541518
Emotions are nothing but a survival mechanism. Bunch of chemicals activating different mechanisms. We could give an AI any instinct we want. Perfectly conscious yet their highest goal would be to please me.
>>
>Is this kind of thing even possible?

No. However it is possible to combine many networking and data mining related functions in a way that would create the illusion of an AI for the "user."
>>
I just came in here becouse I miss System Shock 2
>>
>intelligent
>wants to be around you
Pick one.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.