[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Refurbished PCs/Laptops/etc.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: refurbished Droid 4 crap.png (1 MB, 1016x731) Image search: [Google]
refurbished Droid 4 crap.png
1 MB, 1016x731
Anyone had any experiences with refurb shit? Looking to get something off Newegg at some point. Worth the savings? Just got back a pile of junk that died after a week?
>>
Never get used electronics.
>>
>>53542046
I'm talking factory/manufacturer refurbished, not junk off craigslist.
>>
File: 2016-03-17_23-19-06.png (823 KB, 1002x780) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-17_23-19-06.png
823 KB, 1002x780
My refurbished HDD is still alive.
>>
>>53542046
It's the best way to have shits for fucking cheap.
>>
>>53540920
Having worked at a laptop repair company for a few years that dealt with both new and used laptops , I can claim that your chances of getting a faulty product are generally higher when buying new, because the new products don't seem to be tested properly, and often sit in a warehouse or shelf for months on end. If you get a laptop that is a refurb, you can ask the repair company how recently they tested it. They should also offer a 6 month warranty at least on the parts.

But don't use a refurb HDD, buy your own SSD new.
>>
I got a refurbished laptop a couple of years ago and it hasn't failed yet.
>>
>>53540920
I'm selling lenovo refurbs, worst case was a dead battery. Most laptops seem to have batteries and keyboards replaced before being sold back to vendors, but shit happens. They may have signs of use you don't want, always ask for detailed photos.
Other than that - a good way to save even 1/5 of the original price, just because it was standing on a display somewhere for few weeks.

Also this
>>53542850
Operating from a repair shop, i test shit right here, can modify specs to client's wishes on the spot, and people can call me to ask about anything, be it dead function key, new browser or how to shove it up someone's ass. I'm pretty sure that's better than lenovo customer support.
>>
>>53542788
>refurbished 3TB hard drive

You're asking for trouble m8
>>
>>53544423
tell me about that ass business. I got a refurbished t420 and can't fit it in.
>>
>>53542788
>using CrystalDiskInfo weeb edition
>>
>>53540920
i don't see how you'd go wrong with refurbished business laptops like Dell. They're built to last.

Other consumer shit though?
>>
My first laptop was a refurbished Pavilion dv7, back in 2008. I used it regularly up until I sold it last year and it never gave me any problems. I also owned a refurbished Acer C720 for some time and it worked just fine as well. Refurb computers have never done me wrong.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.