[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/CCT/ Career and Cert Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: Network+.png (69 KB, 2111x1166) Image search: [Google]
Network+.png
69 KB, 2111x1166
Learn about certs, get help with study resources and how to utilize your certs to get a job.

If you've got a tech career:

>Job Title
>Years of Experience
>Degrees/Certs
>How did you find/get job
>Pay
>Location
>>
>>53517691
>N+
taught me literally nothing
>>
im applying for a software tester apprenticeship, its 1 year.
trash or worth my time considering i have no qualifications other than an A-Level
>>
Where do you learn CCNP from? I've read some reviews, it seems like official cisco cert books are shit for CCNP, unlike CCNA
>>
>>53517691
>job title
Networking bottom bitch at an ISP
>Years of Experience
>Years
6 months now
>Degrees/Certs
None, taking the ICND1 (cent) in 2 weeks and then I'll be taking the 2nd half of the A+ a couple weeks after that. Really wish I hadn't wasted money on that cert. I'm also working towards a college degree in networking / system administration
old supervisor from this fuckhole help desk call center I used to work for moves over to this company. Helped a friend of mine get a job who helped me get a job in turn. We live in a tight knit community
>Pay
12$/hr not bad for having no experience, no education, and they work so well with my school you'd think it was an internship
>Location
Western Hemisphere is the most specific I'm willing to get on 5chin.
>>
>>53517691
> network security engineer
> 4 years
> master in cs and maths, CompitA+, linux+, network+, security+, OSCP, OSCE, CEH
> my father got me one in the it sec section of the company he works for
> 130k (bonus included)
> switzerland
>>
>>53518457
>OSCP, OSCE

what are thooose?
>>
>>53517691

>Job Title
Technical Analyst (title for pay scale)
SysAdmin (title by duties)
>Years of Experience
>Degrees/Certs
Working towards AAS, half way through MCSA : Windows Server
Wife - Internal Job listing
>Pay
>Location
IN, 'murica
>>
>>53518404
how hard was the first half of the a+ test
>>
>>53518457
any tips for the a+ and network + test
>>
>Job Title
>Years of Experience
8ish
>Degrees/Certs
Sec+, Net+, A+, and some GIAC ones I just got within the last month
Recruiter
>Pay
Chump change, probably be better in the civilian/private sector
>Location
US
>>
>>53521084

I'm not sure how different A+ is now, I took 601/602. First part was easy, mainly technical. Second was knowing some concepts and scenarios as a technician. Basically the answers on the scenarios were "What should you do" not what you'd really do.

Net+ was kinda easy. Know protocols and port numbers.

Test dumps could help you pass, but its not really ethical. Learn the concepts of the tech, that way the information makes sense. Helps you eliminate unlikely answers when taking the test. I'm sure there's some free resources online, especially YouTube...
>>
>>53518637
> OSCP
offensive security certified professional
> OSCE
offensive security certified expert

https://www.offensive-security.com/
>>
>>53521084
>>53523122
pretty much this
>>
>>53523122
thanks
>>
File: tumblr_n755ofYsHb1tsp1wuo1_400.gif (18 KB, 400x321) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n755ofYsHb1tsp1wuo1_400.gif
18 KB, 400x321
>>53517691
>Job Title
Unemployed
>Years of Experience
1 yr
>Degrees/Certs
Bachelors in IT, Diploma in puter ENG / A+,N+, CCNA, CCNP, CCIE
:(
>Pay
>Location
NA
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.