[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why every fucking OS is so shitty nowadays? There are literally
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: 1454787165770.png (1 KB, 247x304) Image search: [Google]
1454787165770.png
1 KB, 247x304
Why every fucking OS is so shitty nowadays? There are literally no decent ones out there. None, zero, fucking nil
>>
>>53509977
whats wrong with osx
serious question
>>
File: Bpyc9QD.gif (1 MB, 270x214) Image search: [Google]
Bpyc9QD.gif
1 MB, 270x214
>>53509977
>>
>>53509987
botnet
>>
>>53509977
whats wrong with windows 10
serious question
>>
>>53510026
this
>>53509987
if i had a disc i would burn this
>>
>>53509977
play with other OSes in a vm
have you tried plan9, haiku or a BSD?

also you need it for >__"real"__ usage or just fun
>>
>>53510026
botnet that also comes with a bloated OS, what more could you ask for?
>>
>>53510140
>le botnet meme XD
>>
>>53510026
it's terrible, that's what's wrong with it
>>
I'm on windows 10 pro with not many problems at all except for some high memory usage bloatware processes like Cortana but I already disable that
>>
File: redox.png (1 MB, 1024x764) Image search: [Google]
redox.png
1 MB, 1024x764
>current year
>not using SJW Plan 9
pic related, SJW Plan 9
>>
>>53510357
> writing an os in lambda-bash

wow...........................................
>>
Back in the day every OS was also shit.
>>
>>53510164
It says on the ToS that Microsoft reserves the right to see your files for any reason, including marketing reason. I'm not going to list everything else that's wrong with it, starting in the lack of privacy and ending in the UI, that fact alone should scare you.
>>
>>53510900
>see your files
if you use onedrive. Just use a local account and quit being a sperg
>>
>>53509977
>whining cry baby
Oh just shut the fuck up and die already
>>
>>53509977
Ubuntu MATE is pretty damn good.
>>
File: i recognize that face.jpg (43 KB, 667x645) Image search: [Google]
i recognize that face.jpg
43 KB, 667x645
>>53509977
>>
>>53510900
Files on OneDrive
Stupid /g/ fear-mongering
>>
I know this is going to sound strange, but I swear I feel it to be true.

I use Windows 7, and have it installed onto my SSD, and it's plenty fast. If I open windows explorer and navigate around the control panel or what have you, it's responsive.

I recently installed Windows XP in a Virtualbox virtualization and as I was going through the control panel and such configuring it to my liking I just had this feeling that it was slightly faster. It's like being used to playing a video game at 50fps, then you upgrade your video card and now the same game is running at 60fps, you just FEEL the slight increased smoothness. With XP, going to the Start menu and opening My Computer just felt a little bit more instantaneous for me, it's like a fraction of a millisecond fast, but since I've done the same "Start menu into My Computer" a million times on Windows 7 I could feel the difference.

It just blew my mind. XP is faster than Windows 7 and I don't want to just say that because that was a super fresh install of XP, I'm really good at keeping my 7 install free of bloated.
>>
>>53509987
since 2011 OS X is really buggy, suffers from a feature creep, a degradation in optimization, a degradation in consistency (where the fuck are my keyboard shortcuts? why is there no defaults-write switch for anything user facing now?) and has a GUI identity crisis

I really hate it now and I used to swear by it
>>
File: mfw.jpg (51 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
51 KB, 500x281
>>53509977
Well what OSs have you tried? What do you want in an OS?
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.