[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Logitech G430 Headset, bad choice?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6
File: 41YfV4vYz8L.jpg (22 KB, 500x328) Image search: [Google]
41YfV4vYz8L.jpg
22 KB, 500x328
Just brought a Logitech G430 Headset, bad choice?

>inb4 get headphones and a dedicated mic

I just needed something easy to use and not have to waste my fuckin time w/ that

>inb4 get some overpriced edgy headset

Price range was about £50
>>
>>53509842
worst decision. kill self
>>
File: 1457465176261.png (152 KB, 526x394) Image search: [Google]
1457465176261.png
152 KB, 526x394
>>53509859
Go on......

Explain, faggot. Why is it a bad choice?
>>
you don't want actual suggestions you just want people to reaffirm your decisions

so whatever, go have fun dude
>>
>>53509880
apex kek, read the fucking post retard.

>bad choice?
>>
First virtual surround sound is shit
Second g never recommend gaming headsets, ask hpg for a good headset for your price range and attached a mic to it easy
>>
I've got one.

Decent sound, mic is about what you'd expect from a gaming headset. The virual surround sound is kinda cool, you use a 3.5mm -> USB adapter for it, however; my adapter quit working after about 5 months.

The biggest draw back is the fucking braided cord. After almost a year, the fucking thing is constantly bunched up, it's a serious drag.

I got mine on sale for about $30 USD, I sure as shit wouldn't pay anymore than that for it.
>>
>>53509842
I have it for about 3 months myself, I like it.
>>
>>53509957
Where did you get yours from?
Got mine off Amazon for like £45/$63

Said it was on sale, well fuck me
>>
If that's your budget then it's alright but I would spend a extra and get something better - buy it nice or buy it twice
>>
>>53509842
It's fine. Audiophiles will be like.

OI GOV I PICKED UP A AT560 FOR ABOUT 13 QUID USED AND GLUED ON A MODMIC
>>
i have a g230, same headset as the g430 except it uses 3.5mm jacks instead of usb. the plastic holding the ears to headband cracks after a few months and renders the headset useless, find something better unless you want to wait weeks for logitech support to replace it every time it breaks, i'm on my 3rd now
>>
>>53514377
For real though,

Shoulda just gotta Superlux HD668Bs and a mod mic.
>>
>>53509842
>Headset

>>>/v/
>>
>>53511750
>buy it nice or buy it twice
This is what idiots don't understand. Lots of people here spend ~$200 on headphones and dumbasses cry about it.

Then they spend $40 every few months on some super shit headset that breaks or they throw away eventually because it's just that bad.

While at the same time pretty much no one on /g/ will recommend some shitty PSU and even go so far as to recommend some super overkill platinum rated PSU (overkill in rating, not wattage, /g/ is generally surprisingly reasonable when it comes to wattage).
>>
>>53509842
You made a terrible choice for accurate sound reproduction. Consumer headsets have bad high-fidelity. They're low-fidelity lol.

If you have it. The best you can do is use a equalizer and tune it by ear using no guides. Make it sound good for yourself. Use this online frequency chart on the top right http://www.independentrecording.net/irn/resources/freqchart/main_display.htm

Make your shitty "headset" sound better by. Removing the plasticky hollow sound by EQ'ing out around the 1kHz. The lower frequency has to be EQ'd too. Equalize out around the 200Hz to remove that boomy bloomy sound. It's your fucking fault for making a stupid purchase in the first place but no worry equalize that shit and it'll sound fine back again.
>>
>>53509842
>>53510024
>>53509902
>>53509872
>"Hackerman"
>doesn't want to "waste time" for a better product
>buys the shittiest gaymer headset on the market
>shitty reaction photos
Holy shit just go back to /b/
>>
>>53514773
This
>>
i have a g230, surround sound is a meme
>>
>>53515368
Same, it's okay. The fabric squeaks against my glasses when I move my head though.
>>
My g230 is coming tomorrow, I'm excited to try it. I looked at the g430 but surround sound seems dumb.
>>
>>53509842
Yes. Get good headphones and a desk mic. I recommend the HD558 or HD598 if youre cheap and a snowball or a yeti for the mic.
>>
>>53509842
they look nice, save for the colored pads. I've definitely seen worse for the price. retractable mics are nicer IMO. how's the comfort? that headband looks a bit hard
>>
>>53515544
The foam is actually half-width of the plastic. It gets a bit uncomfortable after a couple hours, sometimes I'll put a sock on my head below it.
>>
>>53515618
>sometimes I'll put a sock on my head below it.
kek, I hope sock-head gaming becomes all the rage
>>
>>53515631
GAMER HEAD SOCKS
HIGH PERFORMANCE PROFESSIONAL SOCKS DESIGNED FOR LONG GAMING SESSIONS
INCREASE YOUR K/D BY 1000000%
>compatible only with DX Racer chairs
>>
The ear pads are made of a material that causes cancer to the ears
>>
File: 1380621602381.jpg (223 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
1380621602381.jpg
223 KB, 900x675
>>53509842
>not have to waste my fuckin time w/ that.

lazy shithead, could have gotten some nice headphones and a mic but you opted for LE EBIN GAYMEN HEADSET
>>
File: gah.jpg (241 KB, 980x1306) Image search: [Google]
gah.jpg
241 KB, 980x1306
>>53509842
>headset
>>
>>53509842

If you didn't want to waste your time, you should have just thrown your money directly into the trash.
>>
>>53509842
Subscribed.
>>
>>53509842
I have them. They're nice, but volume is low imo. I would not recommend them as there should way better alternatives.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.