[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone have one of these? I'm thinking about picking one
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 5
File: priv_angle1.jpg (2 MB, 7090x4507) Image search: [Google]
priv_angle1.jpg
2 MB, 7090x4507
Anyone have one of these? I'm thinking about picking one up for stock android and that delicious keyboard
>>
is blackberry really so dead that no one on /g/ has one
>>
>>53509756

Yes.
>>
>>53509780
>tfw i want to buy one but i don't want blackberry to go under and then the priv gets no updates (locked bootloader = no roms)
>>
At this point the keyboard will not be appreciably better than any of the touchscreen options. There's no travel and not enough tactile feedback.

The only way is an OTG cable and carrying your 60% around so you can get beaten to death with it on the train because your blues were too loud.
>>
>want one
>sprint dragging its ass
>would switch but I get unlimited everything for $50
Suffering
>>
>>53509808
They locked it? Makes me feel less bad about buying the iphone 6s over this at the last second.
>>
Posting from one right now using Clover, it's pretty good, it's a solid phone, feels good to hold. It's well balanced and has no major flaws, if you're looking for a phone that 'just werks' and has a physical keyboard then it's pretty good. There are some good features from typical blackberries like the use of the keyboard as a track pad, very good on webpages and for moving your cursor in text. I can't find a fault other than the price of it but it's definitely worth it.
>>
>>53510704
Carrier? Battery life?
>>
File: 1410073082867.jpg (16 KB, 350x259) Image search: [Google]
1410073082867.jpg
16 KB, 350x259
>>53509382
>2016
>using a bb
>>
>>53509875
>The only way is an OTG cable and carrying your 60% around
>being autistic enough to even suggest this
>>
>>53511053
>being autistic enough to not understand that he was joking
>>
>>53511088
Oh shit did I say something about your boyfriend? You aren't mad are you? You seem mad.
>>
>>53510425
The whole point of the Priv was to be centric on security and privacy for normans and businesses, mostly corporate environments. Unlocked bootloader is obviously a concern when you can just wipe the lockscreen file. The Priv can't even been rooted, so I'd say good on BlackBerry for living up to their claim.

This phone isn't for everyone. I don't thinking pandering to Rajeesh was part of their model and ricers was part of their model.
>>
>>53511209
It's such a nice device, shame it won't get N, considering that it still hasn't gotten M
>>
File: serveimage (3).jpg (45 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
serveimage (3).jpg
45 KB, 500x333
>>53509382
>physical keyboard
>>
>>53509382
>Android
Get a real BlackBerry
>>
>>53510425
No they never, you can get them locked, atleast in canada
>>
>>53511299
UNLOCKED*
>>
>>53511299
Talking about bootloader
>>
>>53511274
>>53509875
>>53511027
>waah stop liking what I don't like
>>
>no fingerprint sensor
>shit battery life
>shit build quality
>outdated version of android
>can't even root

might as well get an iphone desu senpai
>>
>>53512981
>no fingerprint sensor
Good.
>shit battery life
Can't comment
>shit build quality
Nah
>outdated version of android
And?
>can't even root
And?
>>
>>53512981
>no fingerprint sensor
>Good.
retard

>And?
>And?
>And?
>And?
>And?

so you can't refute those points
>>
>>53511209
Makes sense. I wonder if they're really going to catch that market of business/enterprise phones. They're supposed to be releasing more phones this year and they did sue that guy who made the keyboard attachment so they at least THINK they can make money.

>>53512981
I think it's upgradable to Marshmallow
>>
>>53513815
Fingerprint sensors are terrible for security
>can't refute
They're not worth refuting, your points are shit.
>>
>>53514162
yeah because a 4 digit code or a pattern is sooo much more secure

no one is going to go through the effort of dusting through your prints you fucking neckbeard, and if you were really concerned about that you would use BB10

also enjoy your outdated version of android, shill
>>
>>53514198
>yeah because a 4 digit code or a pattern is sooo much more secure
It is. Who said I use either of those anyway?
>no one is going to go through the effort of dusting through your prints you fucking neckbeard
And where did I say that you fucking faggot? Stop implying shit.
>>
>>53514198
>outdated Android
Not only do I not use the phone, I don't use Android. I'm just arguing against you because you're retarded.
>you would use BB10OS
I do dipshit
>>
>>53509382
Had this. Switched to a 6P and gave it to my younger sibling. It has a solid build, you can appreciate the keyboard but the familiarity with touch sets precedent. The only downside of the phone is its battery, which couldn't last me an entire day even on moderate usage and disabling multiple apps. Shame, because it's 3410mAh. I'll assume it's a defective unit but the battery wasn't great.
>>
>>53514226
>4 digit pin more secure than fingerprint
lol

>>53514244
>Not only do I not use the phone, I don't use Android.
why are you even arguing then, the device is on an old version of Android and will probably never get N, you literally can't refute that
>>
>>53514934
>>4 digit pin more secure than fingerprint
>lol
In the post you're replying to I said I don't a 4 digit pin you fucking mong
>why are you even arguing then, the device is on an old version of Android and will probably never get N, you literally can't refute that
I'm not refuting that.
>>
>>53514934

>fingerprint gets compromisef
>every fingerprint device is compromised
>cant use fingerprint ever again

>pin gets compromised
>just change the pin
>>
>>53514934
>fall asleep
>someone wants to go through your phone
>they pick up your phone and press your thumb to it
And don't fucking say it doesn't happen because I know people who have done it.
>>
>>53514162
>They're not worth refuting, your points are shit.
shit battery life is not worth refuting? lol
>>
>>53515121
>Can't comment
I said can't comment because I have no clue what the battery's like you moron
>>
>>53515094
>>fingerprint gets compromisef
Because that happens.

>every fingerprint device is compromised
Not actually as bad as you make it out to be. All apps, including the iPhone itself, has a pin/password check on major changes. I.E. if you try to change ownership of the phone, you'd need to enter the password, or if you even wait 48 hours you need to enter the pin. Same with any app that considers itself even remotely secure.

The fingerprint is just the password to a password manager, not a password itself.
>>
>>53515126
>I said can't comment because I have no clue what the battery's like you moron
Yet you can comment on the build quality, lol.
>>
>>53511053
At least one major brand that I know of sells micro-usb keyboards. At college, I just soldered my own connected onto one that was already in a tablet case. I felt like such an elitist, until I realized there are no good free office suites on Android.
>>
>>53511281
they don't make them anymore
source: sad blackberry owner
>>
>>53509756

No one on /g/ has $700 to spend on a phone made by a company that will not exist by this time next year.
>>
>>53515195
I can comment on that, I've tried out the phone and have a friend who has it
>>
File: blackberry.jpg (66 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
blackberry.jpg
66 KB, 600x600
No tool belt no buy.
>>
>>53509382
I have one as well. Not a huge Android fan though.

Battery life is really good. I get 2 - 3 days between charges. Keyboard is kind of useless, but that's mostly due to the case I have it in. If I were more of an Android or Blackberry person, I think it'd be great. But I'm returning mine.
>>
>>53515300
They're still for sale.
>>
>>53515331
People have been saying BlackBerry's going to die within the next year for years.
>>
>>53509756
I think most BlackBerry users on /g/ have real BlackBerries
>>
>>53509382
>and that delicious keyboard
I can't remember what it was like when phones had mechanical keyboards.
Without getting too ironic, what was it like?
>>
>>53516951
glorious
>>
>>53516951

I had a Palm Pre+.

Since I have girly hands it wa sperfect. Could type as fast as hell with zero mistakes.
You know how sometimes you wanna right a long reply to a post, but just can't be fucked to do it on a cellphone? That feeling did not exist with a physical phone keyboard.
>>
>>53515442
google has been trying to kill off hardware buttons for years. All the android-specific buttons are in the software. It's no surprise that they're not included in the hardware
>>
>>53516951
I could touch type on the G1. Was pretty rad.
>>
>>53517239
I could touch type on my 5th gen iPod touch
>>
>>53517256
I'm never able to touch type on a touchscreen phone for more than a few words before all the letters get skewed.
>>
>>53517363
It took a few weeks of sending hundreds of messages a day but once I got it down I could do it nearly flawlessly. Once I got a touchscreen phone I lost the muscle memory and now switch devices too often to build the skill back though
>>
File: QUCYjwN.jpg (48 KB, 600x398) Image search: [Google]
QUCYjwN.jpg
48 KB, 600x398
I own one of these, you have to force yourself to get used to the keyboard and when you do, it becomes much better for typing. it is a very comfy device for shitposting and portable IRC. Also the hub and security feature and the infinate numbers lockscreen are amazing. it gets a little bit hot but buy a nick leather backplate to fix this and enjoy a stylish phone that respects you as a user. Big battery and no shitty android skins, 6.0 upsdate rolling out in the next month or so. I'm a very proud owner of this device and once you get used to what it provides it is one of the best android devices on the market, there is literally nothing wrong with it.
>>
>>53509875
>The only way is an OTG cable and carrying your 60%
what does this mean
>>
>>53519913
>OTG cable
USB OTG
>60%
A keyboard that's missing a bunch of keys

Basically nobody's allowed to like what he doesn't like and he doesn't like hardware phone keyboards
>>
>>53519386
Can you post pictures of yours? You'll probably be my deciding factor
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.