[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ZTE expected to file for bankruptcy protection
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: FINAL_ZTE_logo_EN.jpg (24 KB, 480x253) Image search: [Google]
FINAL_ZTE_logo_EN.jpg
24 KB, 480x253
It can no longer obtain parts for manufacturing after the U.S. imposed trade sanctions for selling restricted computing equipments made by American companies to Iran, Syria, and North Korea.
>>
>>53508156
thanks amerifats
>>
File: y1hXKty.jpg (56 KB, 442x750) Image search: [Google]
y1hXKty.jpg
56 KB, 442x750
I HATE AMERICA NOW!!!
>>
>>53508156
ZTE assembled products in those nations? why?
>>
>>53508156
Source, faggot.
>>
Wow that's fucked up

>earn a honest living selling low margin budget phones
>America comes along and kills your supply route because one of your customers has a different belief
>>
File: 1457740943611.jpg (69 KB, 501x600) Image search: [Google]
1457740943611.jpg
69 KB, 501x600
>>53508239
>a honest living
>>
>>53508238
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-zte-usa-china-idUSKCN0W80AV

ZTE bought restricted telco/computing gears from Cisco, Juniper, IBM, etc. using paper companies then exported them to Iran.

This is explicitly prohibited by U.S. laws, and internal documents leaked by a whistle blower indicates ZTE knew it was breaking the law.

ZTE has a large consulting business in addition to consumer handset and mid-range networking product business, and various Iranian, Syrian, and North Korean companies are clients of ZTE's consulting operation.

ZTE, a Chinese corporation, is free to do business with Iran, Syria, and North Korea, but it is not allowed to sell restricted American equipment to those countries.
>>
>>53508375
>you can't sell something you bought
>>
>>53508239
>resells american goods to anerica's enemies
>honest living
You may not agree with it but America has no obligation to provide aid to their enemies and any company that tries to get around that has no right to do business in america
>>
>>53508402
Have you ever bought something online from Dell or HP?

In one of the documents they ask you to agree to, it says you can't resell whatever you buy from them to Iran, Syria, North Korea, etc.
>>
>>53508375
Didn't they just lift the Iran sanctions.
>>
>>53508594
ZTE did this long before Iran sanctions were lifted.
>>
>>53508594
Yeah. Iran showed their gratitude by launching a series of ballistic missiles with "Israel must be destroyed" written on them, too.
>>
Can you even buy and own anything these days except food? Every thing is just licensed for your use. I read car companies are trying to do this as well.
>>
>>53508658
>he thinks he owns the food he eats

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/14/business/monsanto-victorious-in-genetic-seed-case.html?_r=0
>>
>>53508616
Yeah but charging them after the sanctions have been lifted is pointless since anyone can export to Iran now. Of course there are the other countries like North Korea but Iran case is waste of resources.
>>
>>53508723
That's not how the law works.
>>
>>53508746
I know. Companies like cisco and juniper are going to have one big customer less, whoever uses ZTE products including lot of americans are fucked but at least the bureaucrats are happy.
>>
>>53508833
>I don't care if rogue nations use IBM POWER servers to build nuclear weapons, I just want my cheap chink phone
>>
>>53508156
I own one of their phones
It's a shit phone, glad they're gone
>>
What does this mean for the zte warp elite?
>>
>>53508833
The purpose is to discourage supplying aid to these countries so they collapse. Any company that was knowingly cooperating with ZTE would probably get fined or barred from doing business in the US as well, the US don't give a fuck.
>>
File: QUALITY.png (32 KB, 158x142) Image search: [Google]
QUALITY.png
32 KB, 158x142
>>53508156
What kind of resticted computing equipment though?
>>
>>53508239
>earn a honest living selling low margin budget phones
that's too moral for international markets

they did it for the money, if one of your biggest clients or someone with the capacity tells you do not trade with X, you should consider your actions.
"FREE" markets has limitations
>>
>>53508869
Exactly. It's not like my country is a worthwhile target for nuclear attacks.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.