[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>With Polaris confirmed to use GDDR5, Vega is notable for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: Roadmap.jpg (926 KB, 3000x1687) Image search: [Google]
Roadmap.jpg
926 KB, 3000x1687
>With Polaris confirmed to use GDDR5, Vega is notable for being the first AMD architecture to use HBM2, and the first parts in general to use HBM tech since Fiji. I’m presuming these are higher-end GPUs to complement the Polaris GPUs (the smaller of which we know to be a low-power laptop design), which is where HBM would be more cost-effective, at least at current prices.

>Meanwhile AMD has also confirmed the number of GPUs in the Vega stack and their names. We’ll be seeing a Vega 10 and a Vega 11. This follows Polaris GPU naming – which has finally been confirmed – with Polaris 10 and Polaris 11. I have also been told that Polaris 11 is the smaller of the Polaris GPUs, so at this point it’s reasonable to assume the same for Vega.

It's over Nvidia is finished
>>
AMD HAS NO GPUS & NO HBM2

AMD IS FINISHED & BANKRUPT
>>
>>53502338
Meanwhile all Nvidia had to show of Pascal is two 980M's on a PCB
>>
>>53502353
And yet Nvidia will be the ones to release cards with HBM2 first, simply for the fact that Samsung are already mass producing them while SK Hynix haven't even really started yet.

And yet another AMD gets cucked episode.
>>
NVIDIA GDDR5xXx™ MÁSTER RACE
AMD 290X=390X=490X HOUSEFIRE 900000W MEMEMEMEMEME
>>
http://www.3dcenter.org/news/reihenweise-pascal-und-volta-codenamen-aufgetaucht-gp100-gp102-gp104-gp106-gp107-gp10b-gv100

AMD can't compete with Nvidia, for 2016 they can barely release 2 GPUs, same with 2017

Nvidia has top to bottom Pascal family
>>
>naming your shit after stars
>the year is 18015
>Polaris isn't the north star anymore
>Polaris named things go haywire
>AMD GPUs catch fire
>some explode, others just catch the user's house on fire

oh wait doesn't this already happen
>>
>>53502318
Are they at least GDDR5X?
>>
>>53502612
>implying it won't cost $700 for a 1070 with a gig of HBM and a 128 bit bus width.
>>
>>53503264
And a year later, close to Volta's launch, the performance starts deteriorating out of nowhere.
>>
>>53503245
Polaris and star naming is due to energy efficiency. So with 2.5x perf/watt promises, it should be quite something.
>>
>>53503371
I think Polaris will be great, even if it doesn't introduce any new technology.

A more efficient and better optimized GCN is ideal.
>>
>>53503264
>>53503307
kek for prophetic wisdom
>>
>>53503257
We don't know because GDDR5X is not ready.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.