[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I be like this guy? What would Carmack do if he was 24
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: download (1).jpg (4 KB, 176x180) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
4 KB, 176x180
How do I be like this guy? What would Carmack do if he was 24 right now?

Also how much harder was programming in his day? Did he have to work with slower computers with less memory and more verbose and lower level languages?
>>
>>53501494
>What would Carmack do if he was 24 right now?
He would make hands-free drifting videos in his computer-controlled Ferrari
>>
>>53501494
>How do I be like this guy?
Be really smart and have good work ethic.
>>
You got the wrong kind of autism, you will never be like Carmack.
>>
>How do I be like this guy?

catch that virus that gives you autism, hope you get good autism and not bad autism
>>
>>53501494
programming was probably easier considering all the distractions we have today
>>
>>53501494
He would probably be programming instead of shitposting on a japanese-style imageboard
>>
you meana he's not programming anymore?
>>
File: chinesekek.gif (134 KB, 340x340) Image search: [Google]
chinesekek.gif
134 KB, 340x340
>>53501552
>>
>>53502782
follow his twitter god damnit, he stills do lots of programming, he even teach his 5 year old kid to do stuff with racket. So you need to love programming, and do this every freaking day. Less shitposting more programming. (This is exactly what i need also)

>>53501542
>etics
He made termite to steal some old macs back when he was a kid. When they caught him they said he was a brain with legs. kekd so hard with this. i really like the guy he is brilliant.
>>
>>53501494
i think the main difference is that you use libraries that he can make if he needs to. He have an excellent knowledge in low level stuff. You should watch his talks. In his tweeter i think it was a week or two ago someone did a compilation of all his talks on Youtube.
>>
>>53501494
>What would Carmack do if he was 24 right now?
He would have parked his desk in the hallway of whatever indie gamedev to make sure all the other guys working there don't slack off while he throws insults at them.
>>
>>53501494
Sorry,what did this guy do?
>>
>>53503852
he made call of duty
>>
>>53503852
Wrote the first sidescroller on the PC. Which was fucking impressive.
>>
>>53503852
He built a space rocket for fun.
>>
>>53501494
Nootropics and amphetamines.
>>
>>53503944
Its kinda funny how he said programming space rackets were easier than programming a video game.
>>
File: 1435710426984.gif (2 MB, 400x174) Image search: [Google]
1435710426984.gif
2 MB, 400x174
>>53503852
created 4chan and all the memes
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.