[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is it possible to get into C++ without any prior experience with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: EAP hand.webm (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
EAP hand.webm
2 MB, 320x240
is it possible to get into C++ without any prior experience with code?

what's the hardest thing about it?
>>
>>53501004
>what's the hardest thing about it?
Finding out you should have just done C instead
>>
>>53501011
what's the difference between the two?
>>
>>53501026
C isn't object oriented
Just get started with something and don't give up in a day. If you want to get started with C++ then start with it. Go on then
>>
>C++
>beginners language

top kek
>>
>>53501004

Telling your parents that your not gay, but will never inseminate anything other than your toiletroll.

Oh wait no sorry, that was meant for /wdg/
>>
It's huge, it's complex, it's ugly.
Instead of focusing on learning how to program, you will fight the language most of the time.
Possible? Yes. Should you? Fuck no
>>
>>53501004
I work in C++ daily and in my opinion if you don't need the performance of C++ then avoid it. Things have got better with the recent versions of C++ (C++11/14) but it still isn't all that nice to work in. Especially for anything graphical. Qt is the "nicest" framework for GUI work but even that is kind of messy.

If you are on Windows then you I would advice C#. If you want multiplatform then Java is an ok choice, it isn't the nicest language but it is far easier to get a working GUI with Java than C++.

If all you want is to automate some boring jobs you do often than Python is excellent for that.

C++ is a very powerful language but most of the time you don't need anywhere near that level of power or performance and C++ will piss you off with how much of a pain in the ass it can be.

The same is true of C in my opinion. If I am writing a driver or a kernel module then sure C is king but for little desktop script or app I usually pick C# or Java.
>>
>>53501725
>script
>C#
>Java
found the "enterprise" cuck
>>
You can write procedural programming with C++ even though your friend/coworker/partner using object oriented, resulting spaghetti and pasta.
>>
>>53501725
found the faggot
>>
>>53501004

using 'new' and 'delete' without fucking everything up
>>
>>53501755
>>53501966
found the NEET
>>
>>53501755
Yeah because earning £120k a year with 2 days working at home (mondays and fridys of course) I am a real cuck. I work 9-4:30 tuesday, wednesday and thursday. Never get out of hours calls. Get to travel every now and then if I want to. At the moment I am working on an awesome NN projects. Not entcuck at all my friend. What day do you pick up your social security cheque?
>>
>>53501725

Absolutely the correct answer.
>>
>>53501004

No, but >>53501725 applies.

Accepting the fact that at some points the STL doesn't help, that most of the newer features don't help, that you need to fall back to the C standard library subset in it and that the standard comitee doesn't know what's important, aka they should have added modules decades ago.
>>
The hardest thing is that there is a bunch of fucking retards who want to make you believe that you should "first learn C, then later learn classes".

it doesn't work that way.
>>
>>53501725
you sound like you might actually know what you are talking about. that is a first for /g/
>>
C++ was my first language.
The only problems I had were class and pointer related stuff.
Since then I've learned python, php, js, c# and codec some java.
Everything I've learned with c++ helped me with every other language, as concepts simply repeat.
>>
>>53504354
this.
Took a c++ class, then the other classes were easy as shit because we completely went dwelved into the concept of pointers, oop, data structures, and how c++ doesn't give a shit about what you might do that's problematic
>>
>>53501083
>C isn't object oriented
>Professional C programmers always imitate OOP by using static methods as private and .c files as classes

OOP is the way to converge.
>>
>>53501026
They're pretty much the same
Only difference really is in the interface c++ gives for objects and new instead of structs
Oh, and a bunch of extra libraries
>>
>>53501004
Begin from the beginning and go on 'til you come to an end. Then stop.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.