[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a bit of a headitcher here, /g/. A laptop with no usb
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: SADdam.jpg (15 KB, 300x180) Image search: [Google]
SADdam.jpg
15 KB, 300x180
I have a bit of a headitcher here, /g/. A laptop with no usb ports (all are broken), no cd reader and a Windows install with two accounts. I only have access to the "normal" account, not the admin account.
How can I reinstall Windows on this machine?
>>
>>53484978
Install gentoo
>>
Install via network?
>>
>>53484978
Google 'PXE Boot'.
Use another pc for the admin stuff.
>>
>>53485027
You're a faggot. This is the kind of problem techies would enjoy solving. Go back to your desktop thread.

OP, do you know WHY the USB ports are broken? If it's something some careful pin rebending would fix, do that. If it takes some resoldering, what better time to learn? If it's just FUCKED, you might be able to find a replacement online.
>>
>>53485475
>OP, do you know WHY the USB ports are broken? If it's something some careful pin rebending would fix, do that. If it takes some resoldering, what better time to learn? If it's just FUCKED, you might be able to find a replacement online.
Only has a hammer in his toolbox

Also anon is working on fixing he's problem. Don't be that guy.
>>
>>53485475
I know how to solder, but I'm from a country where getting replacement parts just isn't worth it. Shipping prices and currency exchange make it so it's better to just buy a new laptop in this case.
How do usb ports work in this scenario? Can any usb port from the same maker work or does it have to be the same down to the exact model? If there is a god, any usb port from an old laptop would work.
>>53485196
This sounds like my best option.
>>
>>53485475
Literally how new are you
>>
Network boot or stick some wires onto the USB traces then boot from USB.

NEXT.
>>
>>53485697
I know about your faggy "install gentoo" meme. I've been here around 2 years, ish. Have you considered that shitposting might not be the best use of your time? I get that you have a psychological need to prove you have a right to be here, but honestly, anon ~
>>
>>53485861
>2 years
not him but god damn you're new
>>
>>53484978
SD card
>>
>>53485861
>getting mad over install gentoo
lmao
>>
I'm not mad about install gentoo, I'm mad at the idea that actually trying to be helpful instead of memeing like a fagtron makes me "new".
>>
File: 453535434.jpg (25 KB, 389x419) Image search: [Google]
453535434.jpg
25 KB, 389x419
>>53486962
it's his choice
>>
what version of windows because if it's xp you can get into the admin account possibly
>>
>>53485861
When in Rome...

'install gentoo' isn't shitposting, its paying homage to the core ideals, past and present of /g/. I've also been here 2ish years. Perhaps you should lurk moar.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.