[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Windows only software
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7
File: Autodesk-icon.png (9 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
Autodesk-icon.png
9 KB, 256x256
>That feeling when forced into using Windows because it's the only OS that supports Autodesk and Adobe.

What other software does /g use because of this kind of bs?

I use Elementary OS on my other devices but for my workstation it's Wincuk all the way. Would go full linux if not for the need.
>>
You sound like a teenager who tries really hard to pretend to be a professional.
>Elementary OS
Heh
>>
Cryptolocker.
>>
>>53483967
>>That feeling when forced into using Windows because it's the only OS that supports Autodesk and Adobe.

What is OS X?
>>
>>53483967
SolidWorks
>>
>>53483967
which autodesk software do you use?
>>
>>53484678
kek
>>
>>53484193
Wrong anon, I'm just not a neck beard.
>>
File: no.jpg (28 KB, 450x649) Image search: [Google]
no.jpg
28 KB, 450x649
>>53484723
lol no.
>>53484836
3ds max
>>
Twincat
Unity Pro
Vijeo Citect
>>
Visual Studio, I would switch completely if it wasn't for it. There are alternatives maybe (still need to look in to mono) since I'm more interested to develop in .NET rather than using Visual Studio itself.
>>
>>53485342
Unity editor is now fully supported on linux.
>>
File: Unity-Pro.png (88 KB, 1241x710) Image search: [Google]
Unity-Pro.png
88 KB, 1241x710
>>53485470
Unfortunately no, it is not.
>>
>>53485395
I think JetBrains is currently developing VS killer.
>>
>>53483967
Adobe Suite, C4D and FL Studio.
God end my suffering.
>>
>>53485522
Heh, not the unity I was thinking of. That sucks.
>>
>>53485565
Rumors are floating around of the Adobe suite coming to linux, and FL Studio works fine in linux if things haven't changed.

Think you're fucked with cinema though. Blender is way better than it used to be, and I actually prefer it to cinema and 3ds max, but you'd have to relearn your whole work flow and the fbx exporting isn't all that great if you're going to be exporting to unreal.
>>
Few old videogames I play (they all work under wine but I always thought of it as sketchy to say the least and it's not very stable)

Software for my blackberry.
I own a Q10, my carrier doesn't support it so I have to rely on autoloaders to keep it up to date.

And because RIM is the essence of everything that's garbage in corporations those autoloaders only work properly in Windows XP.

So that's why I have a separate drive with maintained WinXP SP3 + posready2009 updates just in case.

It's kind of comfy, you know?
>>
File: 1423361968118.jpg (40 KB, 480x346) Image search: [Google]
1423361968118.jpg
40 KB, 480x346
>>53484723
Top lol
>>
>>53483967
Architect here and like everyone there Autodesk cuck, have it on my laptop and on a virtual machine on my PC, I tried once switching fully to Linux but it was shit LibreCAD is the shittiest program wver and unlike Adobe you cant use wino to install the programs and the idea of using OSX is laughable, will this ever change/g/?
>>
>>53485750
>Rumors are floating around of the Adobe suite coming to linux
Adobe Software existed for Linux for a long time.

It's that it's not available for the consumer market, only for the "big companies" who actually are willing to pay for support.
The reason why Adobe still didn't release their stuff on Linux is >muh distributions.

Which is kind of stupid since they could've just picked one (like Ubanto LTS or Fedora/RHEL/CentOS) and focus only on a single distro and say "fuck everyone else".
It's what most companies offering Linux support for commercial software do (Lightworks, BricsCAD as an example)
>>
File: screenshot.png (83 KB, 1000x501) Image search: [Google]
screenshot.png
83 KB, 1000x501
>>53485796
>I tried once switching fully to Linux but it was shit LibreCAD is the shittiest program wver
The only half good FOSS solution to CAD on Linux is OpenSCAD.

It's biggest disadvantage is the fact that you actually type equations describing the object you desire to make.
It's more of a CAD compiler rather than CAD modeller.

It's dumb as fuck and I can't imagine doing anything but simple objects in it.
Pic related.

But hey - sky is the limit.

For commercial software (alternative to autodesk etc) try BricsCAD.
They have a "gratis" trial.
Works under F21, F22, F23, tested it myself.
>>
>>53485869
Thanks dude, still Autocad is one of the programs i use and i dont really see allthe othersgetting Linux equivalents so ill take a while
>>
Foobar
>>
>>53485754
That does sound comfy anon.
>>
File: Untitled-1 copy.jpg (616 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1 copy.jpg
616 KB, 1440x900
>>53483967
At least you're not living my life OP
How about Windows XP AutoCAD 2002 for work?
>>
>>53483967
Maya is available for Linux and the Adobe suite is available for OS X, what are you talking about anon?
>>
>>53487074
Foobar isn't actually that great. If you're willing to go to the extra Config, MPD with Cantata is God tier, but tomahawk is pretty rad out of the box.
>>
>>53488047
2013 is the best year
>>
>>53488874
>MPD
Fuck libraries.
>>
>>53485935
>being too poor to afford Siemens NX, the best CAD program in the market, also available for Linux.
>>
>>53488849
OSX, no thanks anon. I've already got the expensive guts and to purchase a mac equal would cost me twice as much.

I don't use Maya.
>>
I know a few people that use macenz for logicx and other music software
>>
>>53485542
I hope it's gonna be a killer because VS is the only reason why I have Windows installed on my computers.
>>
File: 144wojakcry.png (323 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
144wojakcry.png
323 KB, 700x700
>>53483967
mp3tag - http://www.mp3tag.de/en/

There is no satisfatory Linux clone.

puddletag has a big flaw with the Art tab.
>>
>>53490921
Holy and shit... have not used this one in a while. I do all my tagging in Foobar now. Glad to see it's still in development/maintained.
>>
>>53490921
Surely this program is lite weight enough to run under Wine, no?
>>
>>53484723
Autodesk literally only has Mac version of one of their softwares, Autocad, which is basically equivalent of Paint in among engineering softwares.
>>
>>53490921
My man
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.