[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
mpv - how to sharpen correctly?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: over_sharpened_mpv_icon.png (371 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
over_sharpened_mpv_icon.png
371 KB, 512x512
I don't like current adaptive-sharpen and finesharp custom shaders.
The ewa_lanczossharp cscale is not very visible.
What should I do?
>>
What about that?
vo=opengl-hq:scale=ewa_lanczossharp:cscale=ewa_lanczossharp:dscale=ewa_lanczossharp:prescale-luma:superxbr:prescale-downscaling-threshold=0
>>
Maybe you should ask these shaders' authors to add some kind of anti ringing algorithm?
>>
I can configure my laptop screen to 60hz or 48hz. Which one should i choose? There is any diference?
>>
>>53475602
thats my conf
vo=opengl-hq:backend=dxinterop
hwdec=auto
autofit-larger=85%x85%
video-sync=display-resample
screenshot-format=png
>>
>>53475602
Configure it to 48 Hz for 24, 25 Hz or 50 Hz content.

Configure it to 60 Hz for 30 Hz, 60 Hz or 120 Hz content.
>>
>>53474479
don't download blurry rips
>>
>>53474479
ewa_lanczossharp compared to ewa_lanczos is just a really faint difference. The ewa_lanczos algorithm has a parameter for sharpness, change it to your liking.
Also, apply it on scale, cscale is not that important for this.
>>
>>53474479
Since there is no mpv general for once and I need a probably stupid question about it, I'm gonna bump this.

How can I escape the dependencies nightmare to install a non deprecated version of mpv on Debian?
I'm stuck at 0.6 and I'd need at least 0.14 for youtube playlist support.

Tried the install packages on mpv.io, failed.
Tries to build using the general instructions in the github rep, failed spectacularly.
Something about a .waf

Now I'm pulling at straws. Any idea?
>>
>>53480261
>How can I escape the dependencies nightmare to install a non deprecated version of mpv on Debian?
You switch from debian to a different OS. It's the easiest way.

I was in your situation once. this is precisely why I stopped using debian. At some point, the hundreds of self-built packages I was maintaining on a daily basis was getting out of hand.

(Switched to Gentoo)
>>
>>53480261
That's what happens when you fall for the Debian meme.
>>
>>53478363
This. Post-processing is inherently bad and usually just a circle jerk festival for autistic shader devs.
>>
>>53481272
>This. Post-processing is inherently bad and usually just a circle jerk festival for autistic shader devs.
Hey faggot, has it ever occurred to you that upscaling inherently makes things blurrier to a degree? Anime is always 720p and films are generally 1080p AT BEST so, if you have a higher resolution monitor, you are going to encounter blurriness at some point.
>>
>>53480261
https://packages.debian.org/stretch/mpv

Just add testing repos to your sources.list.

>>53480576
>>53480641
Fuck off memesters
>>
>>53481310
>Anime is always 720p
You mean 480p, if even.
>>
>>53474479
Can i use mpv to convert videos to different formats?
>>
>>53482901
https://mpv.io/manual/master/#encoding

Get this https://github.com/mpv-player/mpv/blob/master/etc/encoding-profiles.conf for a shitload of ready-made and ready-to-use profiles for various tasks.
Just do
$ mpv <your video> --profile=<encoding profile> -o <output filename>

and you are done. E.g.:
$ mpv something.mkv --profile=enc-f-mp4 -o result.mp4
>>
Is there some kind of nightly PPA for plex with the mpv based media player?
I wanted to take a lifetime licence but I can't find information about it.
>>
Should be great to have SuperRes working in mpv.
It's the only good sharpener out there for SD and HD contents.
>>
>>53474479
What's wrong with adaptive-sharpen?
>>
>>53484797
It looks too artificial but it's my own opinion. ;)
>>
How do you upscale?
Say 360p
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.