[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Western Digital
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
>Western Digital
>>
>>53471252
HGST masterrace
>>
Where to get cheap HGST drives before they skyrocket in price?
>>
>>53472468
so, you mean western digital
>>
>>53472555
HGST drives are superior to WD, even though it's the same mothership
>>
I don't understand why "everyone" on /g/ loves """""Western Digital"""""...
Meanwhile Seagate never had any problems
>>
File: noice.jpg (8 KB, 205x246) Image search: [Google]
noice.jpg
8 KB, 205x246
>HGST
>>
>>53472975
Kek i know so much people who had problems with Seagate HDDs
>>
>>53472975
>Meanwhile Seagate never had any problems

What bizzaro world do you live in?
>>
File: blog-q3-stats-table.png (337 KB, 681x1270) Image search: [Google]
blog-q3-stats-table.png
337 KB, 681x1270
If people are going to post that graph over and over again, can't they at least remake it with error bars indicating the confidence interval?
>>
>>53471252
All 3TB drives are pieces of shit. Along with 2.5tb and 1.5tb. Some bad batch of something somewhere has made them unreliable across the board. Now the 4tb are looking far better.
>>
>>53471252
Seagate masterrace
>>
>>53471252

>have 1TB WD black (the good single platter one)
>multiple power loss issues before i got my UPS
>a recent bat of mistakenly changing my mobo's C-state setting to auto causing the non-compatible seasonic S12II series shutting down abruptly
>all of this and still a 100% smart score

granted if i had to buy another drive at this point i would go with the barracuda since its usually about 5 dollars cheaper at around 45 dollars vs just under 50 for the WD, its still great all around
>>
File: .jpg (55 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
55 KB, 640x480
>>53471252
>memeblaze

Even backblaze is telling everything to stop quoting their shit because their data isn't all that reliable.

Why are you asshats still doing this?
>>
>>53473721
better than data from /g/ shitters
>>
>>53471252
Didn't Backblaze buy the 2015 sample even before their previous results were published? What's the reason for such drastic decrease if it's not Seagate suddenly selling better drives as a reaction to the previous numbers?

Only other option that comes to mind is that Blackblaze can't do statistics for shit.
>>
>using consumer-grade desktop drives for servers
>>
Blackblaze is bad for you OP, stop it.

That being said, anyone who knows anything knows you shouldn't buy wd, samshit or seagate due to NSA firmware found in the harddrives themselves. Though it might be worth mentioning that since now that wd owns HGST they probably have the bad firmware as well.
>>
>>53474048

backblaze stopped buying seagate drives, so less fail in their systems relative to the other brands
>>
>>53472975

8~ or so 2TB WD green's have lasted me 5~ years. I have just upgraded all of them to 4TBs. Not one of the WD 2TB's died. I've had 2 2TB seagate die. No I clearly don't use any server grade shit, these are pure storage drives. The WD blacks I use for OS drives have not died before the switch to SDD either.

From my perspective WD have been very reliable over the last decade.
>>
>>53473291
So 1.5TB and 3TB drives are the worst?
>>
>1TB seagate 2.5" external
>dropped from almost 2m while turned off
>still werks fine
Would it be dead now if it was a 3.5" one?
>>
>>53475723
source?
>>
Le failure rates is based on how many people by them. More people buying WD because Seagate is fucking shit.
>>
>>53476946
Reddit please.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.