[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Galaxy S7 Root & Bootloader Unlock
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: galaxy-s7.jpg (47 KB, 700x394) Image search: [Google]
galaxy-s7.jpg
47 KB, 700x394
http://www.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s7-bootloader-lock-explained-you-might-not-get-aosp-after-all/

>pretty much another 6-12+ months before root
>even on T-Mobile variants everything is locked down
>S6 still doesn't have anything outside of custom stock, of which none have xposed due to samsung's ART modifications

Why do you defend this?
inb4 "hurr you don't need root or aosp xd"
>>
>>53466562
who cares?
everyone that buys samsung will get the same fate as apple anyways
>>
>>53466588
At least on iOS people can Jailbreak and still get the benefits over this
>>
There's no point to rooting nowadays, You can do most shit without root
>tfw nearly fucked my phone up perma trying to unroot my S6
>>
>>53466562
S6 has had cm13 for months now >>>http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s6/samsung-galaxy-s-6--s-6-edge-unified-development/cyanogenmod-13-galaxy-s6-t3269984
albeit a very broken and unusable version of it
>>
>>53466562
If you're going to Root/Flash why would you ever think the Galaxy is a good choice?

It's been common knowledge that anything post S4 was a disaster for the modding community because of Knox.

If you want any of this power over your device, you get a Nexus or OnePlus, short and simple.

As the article states as well, this is pretty much because of Samsung Pay and what not. Hell Google doesn't even want rooted devices to work with Android Pay
>>
>>53466562
hurr durr muh custom rom!
>>
SPICS AND NIGGERS BLOWN THE FUCK OUT AGAIN!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s7/development/recovery-official-twrp-herolte-t3333770
>>
>>53466729
>Spurred by the kernel code, XDA Senior Member jcadduono was able to treat International (Exynos) owners of the Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge to builds of TWRP, opening up the world of possibilities to the userbase. But what about the Qualcomm variants? Well, this is where the bad news actually starts flowing in.

Thanks US Cucks
>>
Yeah, let's just kill the camera for a closer stock Android experience. AOSP camera is garbage.
>>
>>53466782
The EU variant doesn't have that problem ))))))))))
>>
>>53466603
But I thought iPhones were more secure than Android devices!

You're right, though. I'd much rather buy an iPhone and jailbreak it than a locked-down samshit device. Being who I am, that says something about how much I hate Samsung crap.
>>
>>53466562
Reading the discussion it seems like a bunch of scriptkiddies whining and bitching.
>>
>>53466605
Lol fuck you nigga
>no adblock
>no closed: no track changing though volume buttons; no flashlight toggle through physical buttons while locked
>>
>>53467498
>closed - xposed
>>
>>53466562
>samsung phones
>2016
come on man. it's not worth. you're going to hate yourself for the delay in updates
go nexus or don't go android
>>
>>53467537
>nexus
>hasn't gone worse than shit after 5
>>
>>53466670
So what's the point? Exynos SoCs achieved exactly they were made for - locking down the system.
>>
>>53466562
>buying shitty carrier locked versions instead of the international version
>>
>>53466562
>6-12 months
perfect. i'll probably get the GS7 once the price drops a ton.
>>
>>53467794
Well, the international version has the Exynos SoC. I got excited about the S7, but that killed it.
>>
>>53466562
hurr you don't need root or aosp xd
>>
>No xposed
Im using it right now on my s6...
>>
So what new phones will honor my freedoms? LG? Motorola?
>>
File: tumblr_nbws9lpB5T1rves7ho1_400.gif (2 MB, 300x244) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nbws9lpB5T1rves7ho1_400.gif
2 MB, 300x244
>>53469193
None.
All android phones use proprietary blobs for most drivers and the baseband software is some of the most locked down shit you'll ever see.
>>
>>53466562
I really like Samsung hardware but their software is such shit. Using it stock is just not an option, and since they started being such cocksuckers about locking everything down....well, now there's an LG in my pocket. Nice job, idiots. You lost a loyal customer.
>>
>>53466562
>Why do you defend this?
Because it is actual security.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.