[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>buying tech in EU >30% markup on US prices this is killing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6
File: 1456871505659.jpg (17 KB, 384x384) Image search: [Google]
1456871505659.jpg
17 KB, 384x384
>buying tech in EU
>30% markup on US prices

this is killing all my hype for new pc
>>
>>53465593
who cares ? you're saving more than that every fucking day in the EU, e.g. free healthcare, social security, education, etc
>>
EU prices have tax included, US not.
>>
>>53465622
I do enjoy my 46% income tax.

It's only free if you don't have a job.
>>
File: d7f2d5512.jpg (108 KB, 803x688) Image search: [Google]
d7f2d5512.jpg
108 KB, 803x688
tfw beaver bux are back to historic ""LMFAO"" levels
>>
>>53465659
so you make more than 50k a year ? not sure why your care about the few euros you have to spent more on tech while getting lots of other stuff for free (including your fucking education that got you that job)
>>
>>53465622
>free
>>
>>53465691
I'm making less than 33k a year, university had a fee per term which I couldn't afford back then so I didn't go.
>>
>>53465710
where the fuck do you live in the EU ?
>>
>>53465622
>>53465691
oh let's not forget I'm paying 150 euros a month for medication that I need to live, that shit isn't free.
they give you barely enough of it so you have to refill often which costs money.
>>
>>53465765
well, where the fuck do you live ?
>>
Living in the EU isn't as free as people here seem to think. ~40% income tax depending on the country. Free healthcare, free education, free ...? Not free at all, you pay for everything one way or another, for healthcare you need to have insurance, which costs money, and then they only help you with the payment, so you pay ~half of what you'd pay without insurance. Education is only free at shitty government-owned schools with underpaid teachers that don't have any passion.
>>
>>53465691
>>53465622
>NEETS that think the eu is actually free
>he thinks the EU citizens, actually have lots of spending money

Another example of what happens when people don't take economics. Nearly half of their pay checks go to "free" healthcare and college
>>
>>53465593
i just looked up the i75960x
it's 1,176 $ on tigerdirect and 1095€ in austria on mylemon
>>
>>53465901
>forgetting purchasing power and rate of change between currency
If he buys that in USD it will be cheaper
>>
>>53465909
1093 euro == 1 219 usd
(yeah made a typo before, it's 1093€)
not exactly 30% more ?
>>
>>53465885
Southern Europe peasant detected. Oil money best money.
>>
>>53465744
germany. Calculate the sum of minimum wage yourself.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-03-13-15-17-39.png (784 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-13-15-17-39.png
784 KB, 1080x1920
>>53465966
I live in Belgium ya dickhead.
>>
>>53465969
and you don't even know the income tax for your own country and income ? i call bullshit on your whole story.
and your university fees per semester are almost nothing. and what about the bafög ?
>>
>>53465999
Health insurance in the US can be expensive and restrictive, and that's before you get sick and need to see doctor(s). Some employers provide health insurance plans and pay a share of the premium, but that's going to be going away soon because of the costs.

Professors in the US are increasingly contract temps paid peanuts and not full time faculty with tenure. You better believe they have no "passion".

Most of the US has terrible transit infrastructure so you will likely have no choice but to both own a car and go everywhere in it. If you live in a dense, well-off city where public transit is an option then your taxes and cost of living will be much higher.

You can get consumer electronics cheaper in the US but there are a lot of hidden costs to living here that are basically passed onto the individual rather than partially borne by the government. Because of this you'll get several replies to this post with idiots insisting they make enough money to afford all of the above and to go get a degree in engineering or IT.
>>
>>53466005
This! A state uni near me has semester fees of 260€. Bafög is neat, you have to pay only half of that back, once you are done studying. And have a certain income, i guess.
>>
>>53465622
you pay for that free shit with insane taxes
>>
>>53466076
Well, now that you've informed me about the situation in the US I must say, in the end it's almost the same, here we have unhealthy amounts of tax, but the government will keep you alive, in the us you have little support from the government, but less tax.
>>
>>53465593
>huurrr imma huge consumerist whore
>too dumb to learn how to build my a pc yourself
>fuck de eu i wanna join the pc musterrace

Kill yourself ,you dumb nigger.
I built my pc for 660€, 4 years ago. Left options of overclocking it, still no need for it, most games run decent.
>>
>>53465593
>>free
The word you're looking for is 'mandatory'; 'free' means you don't have to pay for it one way or the other. That said, it SHOULD be mandatory everywhere - it's one of those things where you literally have to force people to be not stupid. Same goes for car insurance btw.
>>
>>53466212
whoops, meant to quote the other guy...
>>
>>53466132
Labor law is also another area the EU tends to beat the US in, but everyone takes that for granted. In most US states you can be fired without reason or any advance notice.

I'd summarize it by saying In the US there are lower taxes (assuming you make less than a certain amount) but a greater share of your income goes into more costly necessities.
>>
>>53466096
Not so insane actually. Ever went through tax season in the US?
>>
>>53465593
Burgercuck prices are never listed with sales tax included. You're not getting fucked as hard as you think you are.
>>
>>53466260
You don't always pay sales tax from online retailers in the US.
>>
>>53465999
South enough to have to pay for everything and not get a monthly 1000 eur government grant for going to a quality public university.
>>
I am a student.
I get $12k / year for free because I am a student.
That is enough to cover food, rent, insurance, transportation.
If I want to buy something more than that, I spend what I earn from my job.
The taxes on things like electronics is not unreasonable.
If you want to buy more than you need, get a fucking job.
>>
>>53466256
yeah, it's not as bad as most European countries
>>
The prices in EU take into account taxes. And even then the prices aren't an issue if you have a job.

Stop being a fat fucking NEET living off welfare like all the other shitskin immigrants.
>>
>>53465622

Goddamn as if Europoors weren't already tax cucked enough, they now will have to pay to feed, house, and educate the very people who are invading them.
>>
>>53465593
>buy used

Tech depreciates fast. You can get great stuff. Often with warranty. Low risk.
>>
I'm glad to know that there is a normal original of that pic is all...
>>
>>53465885
Because taxes are percentage based and based on income, people can afford it regardless of how good a job they have.
Health care is free.
They ask you for your social security number and only perform surgeries if their tests show it is necessary, but you don't have to pay anything.
You don't need insurance unless you need special treatment like a plane home to your local hospital after a skiing accident or something like that.
Education is not only free, but you get paid to get an education.
Not enough to make people rich, but enough so they can afford an apartment, food and books.
Whether the teachers have a passion, well that really depends on the teachers, I personally had decent teachers.
We can pay to get to better schools though.
But it is not necessary.

I quit my job, went to school and is able to support myself.
We don't have a lottery system for this, we don't have to jump through hoops to be allowed to do this.

I'd say that is as free as it gets.
>>
File: 1445227789461.jpg (80 KB, 500x737) Image search: [Google]
1445227789461.jpg
80 KB, 500x737
>>53465593
>buying tech in Chile
>everything is twice as expensive
>ends up paying $1500 for a new pc
>>
>>53466260
>>53466260
Sales tax is almost never online, en exception is if the state or county has a sales tax, but then Shaun this never happens.
sales tax is for stores. And it's usually like 7¢ on the dollar or so, rising an falling depending on how high the state gets tourists.
>>
File: JC.jpg (27 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
JC.jpg
27 KB, 400x400
>>53465593
>mfw it's actually cheaper and I buy shit straight of the warehouses for less then a third of the cost.
>>
File: 1457587154654.jpg (208 KB, 536x541) Image search: [Google]
1457587154654.jpg
208 KB, 536x541
>>53465593
>30% markup on US prices
Try Dubai, markup on basic clothes is 70% unless you buy it from the outlet
Now the technology market's markup? oh my.
>>
>2016
>living in europooristan
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.