[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MSI R9 270X HAWK
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
What can you say about this ?
>>
shit
>>
>>53463442
Really ? For a 500€-600€ config ?
>>
270x cards are alright, mid / high on most games (current)
Got myself a R9 290 from Sapphire the Tri-X version, massive upgrade
>>
>>53463469
Okay do you advise it for a 500€-600€ config ?
>>
Why is AMD making an x version of every card? Fucking Jews smhtbhfam.
>>
>>53465286
because they want more granuity than 9 possible cards?

because it indicates its typically just a higher clocked non-x card?
>>
>>53465300
Well that's dumb. Just make 4 tbqh, low, mid, high and enthusiast. The world would be a better place if every company adopted this scheme.
>>
R7 370 should be in 600e config i suppose. See what other parts will cost you first.
>>
>>53463512
Get a second hand 7950 boost. you will get a better performance.
>>
>>53465399
The 270X is more powerful than the 370 though. As is the 270 for that matter. Both the 270 and 270X are 7870 rebrands, whereas the 370 is a 7850.
>>
390 is rebrand of what?
>>
>>53465286
The real Jew is the fact that we don't have and might never see a 950/60/70ti because that would probly require a price drop for current non ti versions, otherwise a 950ti would have no price bracket to fit in to, with the 950 at 150ish and 2gb 960s as low as 175 or less
A 960ti would fit in right below the 970 quite well though but if they made that in 4gb nobody would buy lol 3.5gbs anymore
I'm probably still going to buy a 960 for dank Linux gaming though
>>
>>53465508
Why do you need so much choice? A 960ti would just be a 970 with a few removed cores, a 970ti would just be a 980 with 3,5, a 950ti would just be the new 750ti, which is actually good, but the 950 is fine enough.
>>
>>53465556
Muh vram
Choice is good
A 960ti would be dank af, like a real 4gb 970 for less money
>>
>>53465496
>>
>>53465592
Choice is not good at all. If they just had 4 cards they would all be better than the current low, mid, high and enthusiast cards. Why do you think there is only one ps4 and Xbox one and not 16 like Amd has cards?
>>
>>53465300
>because it indicates its typically just a higher clocked non-x card?

No it doesn't. The X version is usually a fully-enabled chip, with the non-X version having some shaders and TMUs shaved off. The 270/270X is an exception.

As for why they do this, it allows them to sell chips that are slightly defective and don't make the grade for a full part. Otherwise they'd just have to trash the chip. Go look up the concept of semiconductor device yields desu senpai.

>>53465696
Oh yeah, the PS4 and Xbone are examples of a great hardware strategy. Being locked to a fucking 7790 and 7870 for the next 5-10 years when games can barely hit 30fps on them today sounds great. God, I wish PC gaming had no choice and I could just enjoy a cinematic 24fps across the board!
>>
>>53465879
Why can't you understand what I mean? If amd had to make drivers for only 4 GPUs, their drivers would get better like with consoles. And they'd have enough resources to release a new line with an actual increase in performance in 2 years. And the slightly defective chips would be modified to perform like one from the lower tier.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.