[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Technology is toxic. It destroys your ability to be a decent
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: cq5dam.web.1280.1280.jpg (95 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
cq5dam.web.1280.1280.jpg
95 KB, 1280x800
Technology is toxic. It destroys your ability to be a decent human being.

>inb4 handicapped have better lives thanks to technology
>>
there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HbYScltf1c
>>
He clearly didn't mean all technology in the history of mankind, you jackass.
>>
>>53462300
he still got a point, and not just about cell phones since it works the same way with computers
>>
>>53462275
Rolling generalization
>inb4 something that disqualifies my generalization
>>
>>53462275
being a decent human being is a meme
>>
>>53462275
>>53462334
have you missed your history classes in school? people where fucking savages without technology.
remember the good old times when slavery was common in the entire world? people were just nice back then before technology made them so indifferent and evil.
>>
>your ability to be a decent human being
Pretty sure I never had that.
>>
>tfw weed isnnt technology
I wouldn't give a fuck if technology was non-existent. Only thing I need in this life is a stoner chick.
>>
>>53462275
>hey, imma let my kid be that strange kid in class that has no phone and no friends, just because some comedian ,that makes top dollar talking half clever shit, said so.

Yeah, kids are totally shits because of too much tech. let's blame it instead of the parents that shit out kids, but never care to enforce rules like: "if i talk to you, you listen or else the phone is gone for a week".
>>
>>53466656
>so close to them digits
this pretty much desu, shit parents are gonna raise shit kids end of story
>>
>>53466778
Oh shi

>666
>on a 13th

I didn't plan to summon something s-senpai.
>>
>>53462275
T E C H N O P H O B I A
E
C
H
N
O
P
H
O
B
I
A
>>
>>53467053
idk man he does have a point, too many people these days refuse to interact in person and people these days seem to severely lack interpersonal skills
>>
>>53462275
Louis CK is an autistic faggot. Don't listen to him.
>>
>>53464147
/thread
we're all becoming antisocial because the man next to us is. anyone who does otherwise will be considered an outcast. we're just doing what we can to survive
>>
>>53462275
Based Einstein
>>
>>53466070
cool, tell me more about your degeneracy
>>
>Listening to the Cuck King
>>
I just think it has evolved too much, there are great things about technology.

For example, why do we listen to music ? i see people walking down the street with earbuds in, not only antisocial and not responding to a "hi" but looking completely f'ing miserable while doing so.

Another example is Netflix and how it traps people.

A bigger example is people breaking the law and using phones in their car.

Another example is Ebook readers and how even local book stores are closing up shop.

Another example is, i just went out looking for DVD's yesterday and not one place in the city seems like a good idea, so i need to sift through DVD region codes and $15 shipping and handling on ebay or use Amazon which i dont think will be happening.
>>
File: gal-unibomber-mugshot-jpg.jpg (213 KB, 1200x1519) Image search: [Google]
gal-unibomber-mugshot-jpg.jpg
213 KB, 1200x1519
Ted was right.
>>
luddites
what we need is more technology.
>>
>>53468163
technology needs to slow the fuck down
it's cool and all but seriously shit like AI and genetic engineering can wipe us all out overnight
>>
>>53467943
>being luddite
shiggy diggy doo
>>
>>53468142
His diagnosis was right. I accept it as inevitable. Technology is the tragedy of Man in that the very thing that made us will ultimately destroy us.

Bill Joy's famous article is good for normies who would otherwise be turned off by Ted.

http://www.wired.com/2000/04/joy-2/
>>
>>53468225

Maybe the crap that they sell at Best Buy and the complete waste of space (in the stores) as well as the local book shops closing down gets you excited ?

shibby doo bop a bop bom bom
>>
I think there's a lot of truth in ted's manifesto as well.
I don't agree with all of it, but it certainly raises some interesting points.
Humans effectively don't act any different from mice or a virus at large in similar situations and (will) suffer the same issues.
>>
>>53467943
>i see people walking down the street with earbuds in, not only antisocial and not responding to a "hi"
who the fuck goes up to random people and says hello?

>Netflix and how it traps people.
lol wut

>people breaking the law and using phones in their car.
people are assholes. they also drink & drive and eat & drink while driving

>Ebook readers and how even local book stores are closing up shop.
see next answer

>i just went out looking for DVD's yesterday and not one place in the city seems like a good idea.
complaining about not enough selections at a brick & mortar store & having to order what you want online instead.
>>
Technology is like drugs, they're both great as long as you don't let them control your life.
>>
>>53468309
no, I just don't care.
people shouldn't complain about unskilled labor jobs being taken
>>
>>53468449

LOLOLOL if they are a foot beside me on the sidewalk i say hi.

and yes i am complaining about paying $70 for a dvd online.
>>
>>53468449
>who the fuck goes up to random people and says hello?
I've came to the conclusion the only thing you can say to people you pass in the street are "good morning" or just "morning". With no further conversation. And that's only after eye contact and once you've worked out the person is not a cunt by looking at their clothes. Afternoon is a little less acceptable, and evening is completely unacceptable unless one of you is walking a dog and the sun hasn't quite set.
>>
File: 5326432-140403172307.png (104 KB, 495x431) Image search: [Google]
5326432-140403172307.png
104 KB, 495x431
>>53462275
That's what some say about the topic, poster. But why do people suddenly care about my socializing? Is it because it's noticeable a bit more and people need new material to make a buck in this competitive market? At this point, it's trite if anyone makes the distinction that they've noticed whatever technology has come to change. It's for the better that we have technology. It has increased my education. I do not own a "smartphone" and believe those who do should be left alone by the Jennifer Lawrence's of the world. Also, if you think C.K. Lewis is funny, well then that's a joke in of itself.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.