[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /g/, what tech related entities are currently on suicide
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: Nvidia.jpg (41 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
Nvidia.jpg
41 KB, 960x720
So /g/, what tech related entities are currently on suicide watch and why? Biggest one seems to be NVIDIA and its HBM2less Pascal cards.
>>
Yahoo
>>
File: phone_comparison_x86_vs_arm.png (162 KB, 1079x425) Image search: [Google]
phone_comparison_x86_vs_arm.png
162 KB, 1079x425
ARM cpu architecture
>>
>nvidia on suicide watch
these things always go in cycles man..

Anyways Twitter is def on suicide watch.
How the fuck do they keep blowing their money ?
Just look at their expenses/revenue over to years, for such a simple ass platform they manage to spend way more money then they bring in.
Not to mention alienating conservative users and other people, and that new trust and safety council too.

Like how the fuck do you mismanage the company so badly ?
>>
>>53456195
Qualcomm is dead in the water, any competent mobile chip maker could overtake them any year now

Nvidia definitely isn't on suicide watch but gaming tablets and self driving cars don't exactly inspire confidence in GPU improvements

Meanwhile AMD is competing again, hell if Zen can be on the same level as sandy bridge and not be expensive they'll be printing money for years to come.
>>
>>53456571
Twitter is amazing too because every fucking company in the world advertises with them
>>
>>53456217
>>53456530
>>53456623

>and why
>and why
>and why
>>
File: AMD_Logo-old[1].png (42 KB, 2272x1704) Image search: [Google]
AMD_Logo-old[1].png
42 KB, 2272x1704
18 PERCENT

P
E
R
C
E
N
T
>>
>>53456652
Because it turns out ancient 22nm x86 silvermont atom cores are just as powerful as krait 400 cores, while being more energy efficient than krait 400 AND Cortex A53 cores.

The trouble doesn't stop there. Intel will soon release goldmont atoms which will be more energy efficient and have better IPC over silvermont and airmont atom cores.

In addition Core-m chips could soon come to phones which basically shit on the A9s aplel has.

Things are looking really grim for ARM.
>>
>>53456766
performance doesn't always circumvent price

ARM is inexpensive
>>
>>53456571
what the fuck are they spending it on?
>>
>>53456766
aliens gave us .01 micron tech, soon we'll have 3123 qubits nanoprocessors.
>>
>>53456835
Intel has the fab advantage which means it could also beat ARM on price. But its not going to do that if that means cutting into its fat profit margins for its higher level goy products.
>>
>>53456835
but shit. Phone manufacturers will want to stay ahead of each other in terms of raw performance and battery life. x86 can give them that. Also intel atom SoCs aren't actually that expensive. This is why the zenfone 2 is so dam cheap despite having better battery life and equal performance of a Note 3.
>>
>>53456641
http://www.marketwatch.com/investing/stock/twtr/financials

Just look at that shit,
like where the fuck does twitter spend 800 MILLION on research and development ??
It has NEVER MADE MONEY
yet its valued at 11 Billion !
>>
>>53456766
It's not just that the cores are just as powerful and more efficient, they're x86 cores, which means they can run software that PC's run.

I have been waiting ten years for this and it's finally happening. I might be able to own just one computing device and it will fit in my pocket. Plug it into my type C dock on my desk and now it's my desktop.

Businesses everywhere (especially food/drink establishments) will start installing docks everywhere. I'm so excite
>>
>>53456919
owning just one device seems like the NSA&FBI's wet dream
>>
>>53456919
installing docks security vulnerability.
>>
>>53457018
I disagree. One device and one OS means that security is much easier to manage.
>>
>>53457018
>"Problem, officer?"
>"We have detected a device on your person that is not licensed to an individual or business and is therefore a rogue device, please turn it over to us or face arrest"
>>
>>53456530
Not shown: Intel Atom's horrendous standby performance.

Enjoy charging your phone every six hours despite not even turning on the screen to check the time.
>>
>>53457144
zenphone 2 has a standby time of ~2 weeks, what are you talking about?
>>
supporting intel and the jews is never a good idea, kill the jews, and prevent them from breeding.

DISCLOSE THE ALIENS NOW

WE WANT FULL DISCLOSURE OF THE SECRET TECHNOLOGIES THEY ARE HIDING, AND ACCESS TO THE BLACK OPS SPACE PROGRAM
>>
>>53457062
easier to manage :^) install our monitoring software skype goy.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.