[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw OS X >tfw no botnet >tfw no ads >tfw comfy GUI
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: drake_apple.jpg (113 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
drake_apple.jpg
113 KB, 1280x720
>tfw OS X
>tfw no botnet
>tfw no ads
>tfw comfy GUI with keyboard shortcuts everywhere
>tfw full BSD environment with Homebrew
>tfw it just works
>tfw poorfags and Sandeeps will never know how it feels
>>
File: anti-gay-marriage-church.jpg (30 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
anti-gay-marriage-church.jpg
30 KB, 640x360
You do know being gay is a sin right?
>>
File: 1446587690216.jpg (467 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
1446587690216.jpg
467 KB, 2048x1152
>tfw using OSX, even if it's on a PC, is seen as a sin in this board therefore any question regarded to it or attempt to talk about it it's going to get shit on more than Windows 10 generals could

btw what do you mean by "no botnet"

there's no such thing as "no botnet". You just get slightly less.
>>
>>53453164
>>53453181
Don't you guys have a Trump rally to attend?
>>
>>53453181
You mean friends can't have sex?
>>
>>53453151
>OSX
>not a botnet
>>
>tfw comfy GUI with keyboard shortcuts everywhere

Comfy yes. Keyboard shortcuts yes. But both together, not really. It's a bit weird to go from windows to it, use photoshop and have to learn different shortcuts.
>>
>>53453210
Trump is going to stop cultural marxism you cuck
>>
>>53453289
I want both to go away and never come back
>>
>>53453210
degenerate homosexual detected.
>>
>>53453289
yes but he's not going to get into my iphone :^)
>>
I was given a mac at work and I'm a changed man. Once you add Homebrew and ZSH, the build quality and UI make it a superior machine.
>>
>>53453151
don't forget the sweet ass trackpad gestures

three finger swiping between virtual desktops is so fucking glorious

also you should have Hammerspoon installed and write yourself a window tiler (i did)
>>
>>53453151
>tfw Ubuntu
OSX is fine. Why y'all hatin? I prefer Linux over BSD but it's whatever
>>
>Last year
>Hopping from distro to distro
>Needing Adobe tools and such shit
>Ended up using Windows most of the time, feeling like shit for the most part
>Get new PC with a slightly dated intel processor

>This year
>Decide to try OSX since I can
>With a few fixes here and there it works faster than that fucking iMac on that electronics store near my house
>Font rendering is for sane people
>Only thing lacking is games, which I don't play enough
>Python is not a headache
>Pretty easy to understand how it works, even if differently
>File manager not shit
>Can install shit from a terminal, just like loonix
>If there's something I really dislike, it's fairly easier to find software for it
>Paid software you say? Fucking torrent it nigga
>Defaults look good
>Can use global smooth scrolling. I like smooth scrolling, shut the fuck up
>>
>>53453534
I'm not hating, the best OS is that which provides what you personally need, down to a comfort level too.

I use OSX because I feel it's comfortable enough for me and has what I need. I can understand people who are more into Windows or Linux, though what I don't understand too well is what makes any user of a specific operating system feel the need to act like there's pride into it.
>>
OS X = HomOS X

HOMOS = sin
>>
I would actually buy a macbook if there wasn't so much stigma of homosexuality attached to it.
>>
>>53453716
nigga you serious?

That's only on 4chin xD
>>
I've never tried OSX yet I know I would love it.
It seems like it is the perfect OS for a student's laptop.
I even love the small shit like twitter desktop notifications or integration with the OS itself.

Does it have something like Arch's Pacman though?
>>
>>53453476
Do you know if the magic trackpad (the cheaper one, of course) would work on hackintosh?

I have to say that while I didn't like the idea of spending a lot of money on a macbook, for the 10 minutes I tried it, the trackpad gestures felt like a gift. I... have to say that I really liked that, but I was not about to spend that amount of money on a computer. And hackintosh runs fine for me.

60 bucks though is kind of affordable if I use it everyday.
>>
>>53453716
Step 1: Stop giving a fuck
Step 2: If you really want it and you can afford it, buy it.
Step 3: Stop giving a fuck

A product by itself doesn't have that stigma. It's you and specific people who want to do that. It could all stop if people just accepted it's another product.
>>
>>53453776
It has a package manager, called homebrew.

My advice is: Try it before you buy it. You might have a computer compatible with hackintosh. A normal laptop with that system is not the best option to buy, but it's still an option that could be much cheaper.
>>
I'm really considering buying a 13" MBP, looking for somthing with good build quality, durable and usable.

Is it really worth it's price ??

I'm fucking tired of plastic shit laptops.
>>
>>53453848
>Step 1: Stop giving a fuck
I'm a normie so I can't.

>Step 2: If you really want it and you can afford it, buy it.
I can definitely afford it. I have 6 months of financial reserves + $2,000+ ready to blow.

>A product by itself doesn't have that stigma. It's you and specific people who want to do that. It could all stop if people just accepted it's another product.
Well people view others who own macbooks as homos, it's a fact of life. People will never accept it's just a fucking piece of metal and wires.

My problem is I would take it outside with me and people would obviously judge me. I don't stay in my moms basement all day long and I'd like to keep a good reputation up.
>>
>>53454076
Yes, but wait for the Skylake MBPs to come out in another month or so.
>>
>>53454187
That's actually a really good advice. Thank you, will do.
>>
>>53454145
>Well people view others who own macbooks as homos, it's a fact of life.

Where do you live that this actually happens? Are you sure your sense of reality hasn't been warped by 4chan shitposting and/or friends with irrational anti-Apple biases?

If anything, I would worry about being targeted in poor neighborhoods for carrying a MacBook around.
>>
>>53454145
>Well people view others who own macbooks as homos, it's a fact of life. People will never accept it's just a fucking piece of metal and wires.

Well, you know the song. People equal shit. The moment it becomes useful to you their opinions don't really matter much. I've seen many "normal" people act like a macbook is either the shit or they would want it but can't afford it. If you just work with it at some point you will have nothing but manchildren laughing at it.

These tools have a distinctive design, but if you're really a man of the world, an outsider, a productive person, you shouldn't give much of a shit about "people". If it was something wearable, only with that purpose, it would be slightly understandable. It's not, stop giving a shit.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.