[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is your goto SD brand /g/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4
File: microsd-cards.jpg (75 KB, 400x266) Image search: [Google]
microsd-cards.jpg
75 KB, 400x266
What is your goto SD brand /g/?
>>
>>53449621
I feel Samsung is a good choice, I have yet to have it fail on me.

Sandisk is my close second
>>
The one with the lowest price.

If it works it works and if h2testw fails you get a refund.
>>
I've had Kingston fail on me.
I like SanDisk, no problems there.
>>
Mixza
>>
Sandisk, obviously.

Though I think Lexar make the very fastest. Sandisk and Lexar are all you need.
>>
>>53449689
Heh. SanDisk failed me, Kingston just werked.
>>
>>53449621
Used to be only SanDisk, but i recently got a PNY (the grey one in that pic actually) and its a champ, might have to use PNY more in the future.
>>
Whatever Amazon has on sale.
>>
Get real, whatever's cheapest
>>
I forget. I think it's a Lexar.
>>
Buying Sandisk is like buying Tylenol instead of store-brand ibuprofen. You're paying extra for a brand name and nothing else.
>>
Sandisk Ultra 32gb for my DS's rom cart. Sandisk 8gb for my Sansa Clip+.
>>
>>53450437
>8gb of flac
>>
>>53450723
hey man. he may just really like those 8 songs.
>>
File: rsbwono.jpg (29 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
rsbwono.jpg
29 KB, 300x300
>>53450437
>Sansa Clip+
>$129.99 on amazon
>>
>>53451513
>tfw i've been selling my clip+ for $20 and no one wants it
>>
>>53450348
This
>>
File: untitled.png (6 KB, 294x95) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
6 KB, 294x95
>>53449621

SanDisk Ultra 16GB
I use it as ReadyBoost :3
>>
sandisk
>>
Samsung when on sale

Sandisk and 2nd option.
>>
Sony on my phone.
What is a cheap >128gb microsd for a surface?
>>
>>53449621
samsung
adata
>>
sandisk
sony
patriot

i have 12 cards of these brands mixed
>>
Adata because cheap and just werks or Sandisk for muh speed.
>>
Only used cards from two different brands, sandisk and g.skill. I've found the g.skill card to be the better of the two, read and write speed wise.
>>
>>53450723
>>53451287
You can put several albums on an 8gb card...
>>
>>53449621
I don't think there's much of any difference between the brands. As long as you go for one of the major name brands and not some no-name Chinese off brand you should be fine.

I usually go for Sandisk because it's typically cheapest and available locally if I need it quickly. I suppose if I really needed reliability or something for whatever reason I'd get Samsung but that situation is a real stretch and is unlikely to happen ever.
>>
>>53449621
Sony followed by Sandisk.
>>
File: ld.jpg (14 KB, 361x361) Image search: [Google]
ld.jpg
14 KB, 361x361
>>53449621
I have only bought sandisk ones so far, because they're usually the cheapest on amazon.

I think the next ones I'm going to buy are LD ones from China, because they're cheap and I heard good things about them
>>
>>53454896
Yes the confetti ones are good.
>>
>>53449621
transcend
>>
The cheapest card with the storage I need in the class I want.
>>
>>53454896
>Buying storage from China

Enjoy your spoofed capacities.
>>
>>53449621
i like sandisk but would take whatever has good specs for the right price.
>>
>>53451513
Kek it's like $40 on ebay
>>
>>53451659
Using readyboost
>>
>>53455014
You do realize that litterally all storage is produced in china?
>>
>>53450395
So does any other brand make 200gb micro sd cards?

I know 128gb cards are pretty much made by everyone
>>
sandisk for cost
samsung pro/intel for performance
>>
The one I am able to snag from the shipment without anyone seeing.
I am a warehouse manager. That shit never arrived. Guess we gotta write it off now as shrink...
>>
>>53449621
PNY God Tier. I have the green one on top of ur pic.
>>
Taking statistics are we?
>>
>>53455014
There were some legit 500GB flash drives on newegg for a bit. They sold out quick though. My friend got one, it did work, although it was slow as hell.

I tried getting some shit off ebay and had to get a refund.
>>
>>53455869
>samsung
I used to use them exclusively until I found Intel, fuck samsung I had too many of them go bad on me
>>
the one that has 200gb cards
>>
>>53449621
SanDisk or Kingston because they are the only ones I've every bough and they haven't failed me, even those old 1GB that I don't want to throw away
>>
>>53450395
>mfw sandisk is the cheapest brand here.
>>
Bought a 64gb samsung micro sd for my gopro for $21. These things are getting so cheap.
>>
I've only ever had two sd cards fail on me. One of them I cracked in half. It probably had nothing to do with the brand since it worked great before that, but it was a team brand sd card. The other card was a silicon power microsd that I put in a series of adapters and installed windows on. Windows rendered it read only after a few months. I just sent it in for rma so we'll see what happens. I only buy my cards from legit distributors, like newegg, amazon, or staples (pricematch). Most recently, adata, sandisk ultra, and samsung evo have been really good to me.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.