[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want this phone so bad i just have two questions. First is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (75 KB, 989x627) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
75 KB, 989x627
I want this phone so bad i just have two questions.

First is the slider for the keyboard solid or cheap shit?

Second is this worth getting over the S7
>>
>>53448576
I know a guy who works customer support for ATT. He says the Priv has an insane rate of failure, especially with the OS. Gets more calls about it than any other single high end phone.

Get a G5 desu
>>
>>53448576
I tried it out in a shop. Feels very cheap and plasticky. Doesn't have that premium feel like the passport
>>
>>53448978
>>53448995
thanks anon's
>>
>duckduckgo

StartPage is better. ;)
>>
Battery isn't good despite milliamp wattage and "claims" of longevity. Otherwise it's a fine phone.
>>
>>53449141
I wanted to broaden my scope.
>>
>>53448978
>>>53448576 (OP)
>I know a guy who works customer support for ATT. He says the Priv has an insane rate of failure, especially with the OS. Gets more calls about it than any other single high end phone.

This may be true but I wonder if it's because that the people most likely to want the Priv are older dude corporate types who tend to be A) less tech savvy, B) more inclined to call tech support when they have an issue as opposed to googling it first and looking for a solution in their own and C) the phone may actually be functioning as intended in some cases but the customer simply doesn't know how to smart phone.
>>
>>53449385
it's probably a mixture of this, and the fact that it's BB's first android model so it's bound to have a few issues, at least for the first few system updates. (I know for sure that it's been overheating like crazy at the beginning, now after an update it's still not perfect in that regard, but much better)
>>
why is this even necessary? you can't write with more two fingers anyways. download fleksy or if you prefer flow typing stick with swift key
>>
>>53449886
>why is this even necessary?
comfort
>>
>>53448576
The keyboard is solid, Ive seen many reviews.
>>
>>53449975
although not as good as on Classic or Q10
>>
>>53448995
i didnt get that impression at all. Maybe on the keyboard slightly. I really liked the texture of the back though.
>>
>>53450681
I had saved up and was excitedly anticipating it for months but after trying it in the shop I just couldn't bring myself to spend that much on it.
>>
>>53450872
Same, but there will prob be a price drop soon anyways.
>>
>>53450887
yep that happens with all the blackberry models just have to be patient
>>
>>53448576

Tried it n the store today. First thing you notice is the keyboard flex when you press a key. Flimsy as fuck. Also those tiny thin bits of plastic in between the key rows are fragile as fuck, I got my thumb nail caught under one after about 10 seconds and nearly snapped it off. Immediately disregarded.

Shame because I was quite excited as it looks like a good phone concept in picture form.
>>
Looks nice and is apparently relatively easy to repair. I wonder how hard it will be to find a battery replacement a year down the line.

No root kind of sucks, and we don't know if they're going to be good on Android updates.
>>
>>53451032
>No root kind of sucks, and we don't know if they're going to be good on Android updates.

true, although they have been releasing updates regularly though the google play store at least.
>>
I have a Priv and my biggest issues were the battery life and that MMS didn't send or receive while on WiFi. One positive thing about it is having true mass storage mode on an Android device.
>>
>>53451191
did u fully update everything?
>>
>>53448978
>insane rate of failure, especially with the OS
Could this possibly be partly because the phone straight up locks you out if you can't get into it with your password or Google account?
It's the anti-tyrone android.

Sandwiches are technology.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.