[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone done Google summer of code. What should one expect?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: summerofcode_0-600x336.png (128 KB, 600x336) Image search: [Google]
summerofcode_0-600x336.png
128 KB, 600x336
Has anyone done Google summer of code. What should one expect?
>>
>>53437111
>wasting your summer coding with a bunch of fat sweaty and hairy neets
>>
>>53437431
>not wasting your summer coding
what reason are you on /g/ then? unless it's video games then you got on the wrong board
>>>/v/
>>
>>53437111
Expect assplay with moot
>>
>Summer of Code
> Expect

This is the only respectable guide

https://www.google.com/about/careers/students/guide-to-technical-development.html
>>
>>53437686
I'd like that
>>
>>53437770
That list is very basic
>>
>>53437676
lel what a nerd
>>
expect 40 hours of work a week

that's why I didn't participate last year, didn't really know what I would expect until some mentor told me "lol no"
>>
>>53437896
here's (You)r (You) ya fucking casual
>>
Isn't it just an overglorified unpaid internship?
>>
>>53437111
>tfw dropout
They wouldn't want me anyway even if I was currently enrolled.
>>
>>53437947
yeah, but if you don't get an internship for the summer, it's better than just fapping and shitpoasting on 4chan all day
>>
>>53437947
you get paid if you do the work, eventually
>>
>>53437967
Nah, it's much easier and cheaper to let you go and hire a new round of unpaid interns.
>>
>all those indians applying for gsoc at the company next door to mine
>>
>>53437770
Why do all the languages have a registered symbol next to them

JavaScript®
CSS & HTML
Ruby®
PHP®

Perl®
Shell® script
Lisp®
Scheme®
>>
>>53438062
Proprietary trash.
They don't new ideas, they just want you to use their sponsors shiny new APIs for their cloud services or whatever.
>>
>broken links on orga list

gg google
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.