[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is a 400$ 3D printer a complete shit or is acceptable?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: toyrep2.png (692 KB, 798x497) Image search: [Google]
toyrep2.png
692 KB, 798x497
Is a 400$ 3D printer a complete shit or is acceptable?
>>
If you really frigging want a 3d printer it'll work. Build volume will be much smaller though, and quality will be limited
>>
>>53429713
Can you 3D print dragon dildos with it?
>>
>>53429713
The printer its not where its at.
The fucking wire you see costs a fortune since there is only one company that manufactures it and owns all the patents and shit.
Good luck
>>
if you get the right kit, it's great

http://smartfriendz.com/en/home/54-smartrapcore-alu-2597462281828.html

corexy is a really good printer design
>>
How cheap can you go these days with small 3D printers?
Think objects 7cm x 7cm max
>>
Got mine for 200.- on aliexpress, great product, built it myself eith the kit. Search for ZoneStar.
>>
You have to be an idiot to shell out $3000 for an ultimaker2, when an opensource 300 buck printer like the prusa i3 reks it easly
>>
>>53430347
7x7x7 inches. More than most commercial ones
>>
>>53429713
waste of money, you will never be able to recoup the money you spend on usable plastic crap you print
>>
>>53430371
>ultimaker2
i have a $300 prusa i3and at school we have ultimaker 2. And there is no comparison. Even at 120mm/s ultimaker will make better prints that my heavily tweekd prusa cand do at 50mm/s.
Don't get me wrong prusa is fine printer for $300 and it does superb prints but is no where near as good as ultimaker 2. The only thing s better on i3 is usb connectivity and build space
>>
>>53430539
What would you recommend for a beginner? Just saw the thread and It looks like fun. I don't mind building stuff but considering the price I something that's worth the money.

From what I can tell the PRUSA I3 KIT is the way to go
>>
>>53430571
depends on the money.
I started with this one
https://www.3dprintersonlinestore.com/diy-kit/electron-3d-prusa-i3-kit

I updated it over time. If you are and engineering type of person you won't have problem finding out how thing works, how does that thing relates to that other thing, and so on,.. You will quite quickly find out on your own how to best improve the print quality.
Now i can print this planetary gears with 0.15mm tolerances and it will spin nicely.

IF you have a bit more money i would go with something like core x-y system that moves the printhead in x and y axis and print bed in z axis.
>>
File: planetary gears.jpg (666 KB, 3421x2166) Image search: [Google]
planetary gears.jpg
666 KB, 3421x2166
>>53431007
>>
bought $300 monoprice one, upgraded it to the point where its equivalent to $1000 one with about $100 in parts. Worth it for me.
>>
>>53431007
Thanks man, I'll check it out
>>
File: cum1.png (342 KB, 432x418) Image search: [Google]
cum1.png
342 KB, 432x418
>>53431194
where could I find this??
>>
>>53429713
Just buy a peachy printer when they come out. Much cheaper and if you play enough with it you can always build something more expensive.
>>
>>53429952
>the wire
¿???????¿?????

You mean the filament? Fuckin pick up cheapass shaxon filament at frys or something lmao
>>
You should wait for the 'Tiko' its a 3d printer that was backed on kick starter and probably going to be up for sale by the end of the year, its only $179 USD too, definetly worth the wait
>>
>>53429713
That particular printer in your pic is a complete piece of shit that uses quite literally the cheapest stepper motors in existence. The whole thing only costs $50-80 though so it'd make a neat toy.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.