[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Moto G 2nd gen still a good phone?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 1
File: 1-89.jpg (17 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1-89.jpg
17 KB, 500x500
Broke ass college student here and I recently found a Moto G 2nd gen for only 95 bucks. It will be receiving Android 6 (M) but I'm not sure about Android N. Go or no go? If no go, what other phones are recommended? And, I do mean it that I'm broke; I'm only willing to shell out 100 dollars.
>>
I've got one.
It's okay.

I'm not sure if it's worth 95$ though.
>>
very happy with my 2nd gen moto g. just make sure you get a case for it.
>>
No, it's not worth that much anymore, you can get something from LG that's superior for that kind of money and just fucking better overall.
>>
Isn't the zenfone much better and only like $100 more?
>>
>>53425772
>>53425931

so it's actually less $95 senpai? my searches turn up $178 for moto g
>>
Worth, i still use my 1st gen.
>>
>>53425951
doesn't have stock android tho.
but if it's as easy to root or even easier then I'll check it out
>>
i got a first generation moto g for 35 verison prepaid

bretty good

it can run hearthstone
>>
>>53425756
Either that or the Moto E (2nd gen) are good choices for cheap phone, yeah.
I literally just sidegraded from 1st gen G to 2nd gen E because my G required me to put it on loudspeaker to have a phone call (microphone fucked up on it) and it also means I can have additional storage; while only a nice £59.99 to boot.

They seem to perform roughly the same so go with whatever.
>>
>>53425756
>for only 95 bucks
just get a used galaxy s4 mini (better camera than moto g) and slap some cyanogenmod on it
>>
I have one as a burner. Cheap af but works well. Do recommend.
>>
>>53425931
are you talking about G4? way out of OP's budget. even G3 costs more than Moto G2 now
>>
>>53425951
I'm concerned about Zenfone UI.

If you could talk me into spending a hundred more for it, I'll get Zenfone 2 ZE155
>>
>>53426112
what's the major differences between the two? if it comes down to stuff like camera, I wouldn't mind at all. However, battery life is a different story

And i don't think Moto E2 will be having a Marshmallow upgrade.
>>
I think about getting my mom moto g 3rd gen or xiaomi redmi note 2.
>>
>>53426293
>uses stock rom
are you retarded?
>ui
are you too retarded even to install a launcher?
>>
>>53425756
2nd Gen has flash on the camera?

LG G2 costs just as much as this
>>
>>53426333
I'm lazy af so it's better that I go with a stock Android than flash a custom rom. sooner or later tho, I'll be forced to use cyanogenmod or something else if it stops receiving upgrades.

I originally meant the fuckton of bloatware Asus has in their Zenfone, not the UI. so there
>>
Yes its still good, just get Cyanogenmod 13 on it, way better than stock.
>>
>>53425995
I dunno.
I just own the phone.

I don't like spend my nights comparing phones or anything.
>>
>>53425756
I was never a good phone. Screen & gyro are absolute shit. Stay away from it.
>>
>>53425756
give it back trayvon
>>
I got 1st gen with cyanogen mod. Works great.
>>
my 2nd gen G just updated to 6.0 OTA and it's fine so far, don't expect much more than minimal app use though, the 1GB ram can be pretty limiting.
>>
I still use mine but, damn, that battery turned to shit fast.
And you can't even replace it.
>>
>>53426312
Moto E2 user here, it will be updated to Marshmallow everywhere but the USA
>thank you amerifat overlords
>>
Samsung galaxy s3 LTE international version (I9305)

2gb of ram. Moto G has 1gb and is shit. I9305 has tons of roms so you don't have to deal with shitwiz.

About 100-125€. Finding a good almost new depends on luck.

https://versus.com/en/motorola-moto-g-vs-samsung-galaxy-i9305-s3-lte
>>
>>53426112
>>53426312
Every time I read posts like these I feel bad for suckers who didn't scoop up a pair of $10 Moto E phones on Black Friday
>>
it's alright. Personally I like my 2013 moto x because the build quality of the moto g is shit.
>>
>>53425816
why? is it fragile?
>>
>>53426410
are you me? I hate people posting shit like
>ching-chong x5 has much faster processor and you can root it and install launchers and install this and that fiddle with your phone instead of using it forever
>>
>>53429244
like when? does it kill certain background processes like music playback when you use some heavy apps?
>>
Which to buy better: moto g2 for $125 or moto g3 16 GB with /2GB RAM for $205. Is $80 worth the difference in performance? (prices include tax)
>>
>>53430848
refurb g3 for $120
>>
>>53430859
lg g3*
>>
>>53430859
>>53430878
In my country the lowest price for g3 is around $232 for the new one nevertheles - couldn't find any refurb units on sale.
>>
>>53431030
Aliexpress, they're around $100-160 with free shipping and most sellers offer warranty.
>>
>>53425756
Yes. Got mine last year, just updated it to marshmallow just last week, it's fast for what I do and has greatly improved battery life.
>>
>>53431060
Interesting, thanks... Definately a good piece of advice for someone, unfortunately the my Nexus 4 has just broken and I need a new phone now, so I don't have time to wait a month for it. Are there any owners of Moto G's here or is this thread dead?
>>
>>53430848
Your going to have a much better experience with the 2GB RAM version, I think it is worth the extra money. There's a couple different models though, make sure you get the one that has your LTE frequencies. XT1548 is the safest bet.

>>53431228
I don't have one but from the sounds of it most owners sound pretty satisfied with their purchase. They tend not to be the biggest smartphone enthusiasts though, owing to the cheap price.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.