[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some good ear buds for around $25?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5
File: apple_earbuds01.jpg (82 KB, 570x407) Image search: [Google]
apple_earbuds01.jpg
82 KB, 570x407
What are some good ear buds for around $25?
>>
>>53419776
It really depends on what your looking for. I wanted inline controls, a mic, a cord that didn't constantly tangle, comfortability and decent sound quality. Oddly enough these douchey things are pretty great: http://www.skullcandy.com/earbuds/INKD2.html?Quantity=1&color=Black%20w/Mic1

About a month in I dropped them in some soup because I'm a faggot and they still work great 2 months later.

These are also pretty nice but I had to return two pairs because they were both faulty: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/ya/ref=yo_ii_bia_view?ie=UTF8&ac=bia&reorder_params=B011TONXUE%2C114-4947501-1383456

The first had a busted mic and the second had a lose cable by the driver housing that constantly rattled. Can't really recommend them.
>>
Sennheiser
>>
Xiaomi Pistons
>>
>>53419776
Panasonic RP-HJE 120
Save your money
>>
>>53420641
/thread
>>
File: skullcandy.jpg (57 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
skullcandy.jpg
57 KB, 700x700
>>53419919
>>
just had these Sennheiser CX200 arrive, pretty good
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001EZUQ5E

still have my JVC HAFX101 which are cheaper. Not as good sound quality but they're exTMReme bASS BOOsT
www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007HISSXE
>>
>>53421109
oh yeah and the JVC is like a stethoscope, the sound of the cable rubbing on your clothing travels right into your ears. The Sennheisers are better at it.
Both have good sound isolation
>>
Koss The Plug
>>
Bonus challenge, I have ludriciously small ear holes.
>>
>>53419776
you posted one
>>
>>53421378
the left one doesn't fit snug in my ear
>>
>>53419776
apple earbuds off ebay for like $2
>>
>>53419776
Anything sony
>>
>>53423677
this
>>
Xiaomi Piston III
>>
Panasonic rp-tcm125 / xiaomi piston 3
>>
>>53419776
Piston 3s will most likely be the most convenient and comfortable. Overall a really solid replacement for the earpods in every way.
>>
I don't usually recommend apple but their earpod are the best on the market if they were free.
>>
>>53419776
Philips SHE3905 have treated me fine, although they sound like shit compared to the M50 I own (but you'll get that with any earphone).
They are on Amazon for 15 quid
>>
>>53419776
What you posted is good

+vocals sound awesome
+better than my porta pros
+sound as good as er4pt

-not comfortable
-way more uncomfortable than etymotic ear dildos
-too loud because they're not IEMs
-if you put the volume too low you won't even enjoy or hear it well
-you could lose your hearing with earbuds
-earwax is hard to clean out of in earpods vent holes
-plenty of fakes if you didn't buy them from apple
>>
File: LL.jpg (21 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
LL.jpg
21 KB, 500x500
Xaomi piston 3s, got them today, listening to them now, excellent for $20.
>>
>>53427400
>tfw those keep falling out of my ears while running
>>
Order chink pistons for 4 dollars
>>
>>53427400
my piston 3 has three bars on the volume control and I believe it's a fake fml

does yours have a dot in the middle of the volume control?
>>
>all these inear-dildos
why
>>
>>53427536
better sound.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (200 KB, 862x1332) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
200 KB, 862x1332
>>53427536
poor noise isolation on earbuds which make you listen to music with higher than normal volume
>>
File: decibel-chart.jpg (155 KB, 350x1080) Image search: [Google]
decibel-chart.jpg
155 KB, 350x1080
>>
>>53419776
Monoprice 9927.

Poverty-tier price range but for 8 bucks God they sound great.

Their biggest downside is the cable which has stiff braided sleeving. It makes a rustling noise when scratching on clothing. on playback it's inaudible. Otherwise bretty annoying
>>
>>53419776
Skullcandy Ink 2.0 has a pretty nice quality, and costs only like 20-25 (in euros)
>>
>>53427637
Ordered the silver monoprice 8320 a while ago. I hope they sound good.
>>
>>53419776
Appe EarPods aren't the worst, plus you can get two pairs for $20 in case you lose one. I've had to settle with them because I wasn't able to find anything even remotely decent sounding that would stay in my ear when I went running.

Beyond that, there are the Xiaomi Pistons, they've got killer quality for the price, and come it at around 20 bucks, 23 on Amazon.
>>
>>53427764
Out of the piston 3 and earpods. Which sounds better? I own both but I think my piston 3s are fake because they sound bad.
>>
>>53421149

Those are garbage.

I left my Audio Technica headphones at home and I couldn't bare with the thought of riding the subway from work to home without music, so I got the plugs because they are quite cheap at wholesale prices, which I get to buy stuff because of my work.

I was prepared to limited sound quality, after all I had been using decent headphones for a while, but I had porta pros before them and the sound quality wasn't THAT different. I mean that I could live with going back to porta pros if my ATs died.

I tested my newly purchased $10 plugs and the sound quality was woeful. I seriously couldn't enjoy music because they sounded so bad. It's like every detail faded and it was just boomy and crude.

I'm no audiophile by any means, I don't have a strong understanding of numbers and I actually don't even care about them. I can't give a shit if headphones have large drivers or not, if they sound good I notice, if not, it's irrelevant.

I just feel sorry for people using plugs that have been deemed good by reviews and users while in reality they are garbage. People think they already have the good shit while in reality they don't even know how bad it is for them.
>>
>>53427733
>Ordered the silver monoprice 8320 a while ago.
You dun goofed anon. 8320 and 9927 are the same spec-wise but the 9927 (and color derivatives) are an updated model which come with additional sizes of ear tips, while 8320 comes with only one pair.

>I hope they sound good.
They're decent.
I've heard worse for a lot more money.

Don't expect nigger bass, they're very neutral.
>>
Sennheiser cx175
>>
>>53427901
Aw. Oh well. I'm pretty sure that I saw a youtube video unboxing that had the silver 8320 and a little baggy with additional tips in it. It would suck bad if I found out that amazon didn't bundle any free ear tips.

Found some vids
https://youtu.be/IyazvIReReo?t=40s
https://youtu.be/DtlbNKNENMw?t=1m
>>
>>53427593
That's exactly why I get buds with good noise isolation. I know a lot of people with hearing damage. I don't wanna hear like an old man when I hit 30
>>
Just buy Sennheisers buddy. Seriously. Just do it.
>>
>>53419776
those look so unconformable
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.