[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reminder
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 296x290) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 296x290
Daily reminder that the 3.5mm jack is the reason our phones are so thick and dont have bigger batteries because of the internal space inside a phone they use up

Seriously my phone has bluetooth and wireless charging tech, why do we need to waste any space with ports on the phone?
>>
>>53415270
>thinner phone
>bigger battery

A herp a derp.

Also, phones today are too thin, usually.
>>
>>53415270
but phones aren't thick
I don't understand your post
>>
>>53415270
>the reason our phones are so thick
Phones are too thin though.
>>
Why would you want a thinner phone? You are not going to shove it up your ass.
>>
>>53415270
>being OK with a phone that could litterally snap in half
Best case scenario would be bendgate all over again
On another note, battery's are usally thicker than the audio jack, you fucking retard.
>>
Phones literally should be creditcard-thin. Fuck ports, fuck wires, it's 2016 for fuck's sake. We have wireless technology for everything, FUCKING USE IT.
>>
>>53415493
>creditcard-thin
Not with a battery. All our phones should be powered OTA.
>>
Daily reminder that I am a chronic masturbater who doesn't wash his hands afterwards which is why I frequently need to clean out the crusted semen residue from my trackball.

The more you know.
>>
>>53415270
>Daily reminder that the 3.5mm jack is the reason our phones are so thick
thank you 3.5mm jack
>>
can we change jacks to something bigger than? phones are way too friggin thin.
>>
You're right, that's why the innovation team at Apple has decided to rid them for a sleeker, modern, beautiful, elegant and amazing design.
>>
If phones were thin as cards that would be fuckin disgusting
>>
>>53415355
>>53415356
>>53415383
>>53415459
>>53415482
>>53415572
>>53415984
>>53416093
progress-hating luddites
>>
>>53416112
gr8 b8 m8 i r8 8/8
>>
>>53415270
Daily apple shill thread.
>>
>>53416112
if you value form over function, Apple will be happy to take however much money you have to spend

leave the rest of us out of it though
>>
Phones are already a little too thin. Both the iPhone 6s and the S7/edge are thicker than the previous version by a few mm and it feels a lot better. honestly, the thickness could creep up a bit more if we got more battery.

As far as phone bending? I'm just shocked-- utterly shocked-- that people want to make it the phone's fault that you sat on it in your back pocket. What is supposed to happen?
>>
Does anyone like the square edges of the iphone 5 design better than the rounded edges of the 6?

i can hold the 5 much easier because of the square edges.

also ip5 has the best iphone design of all time.
>>
>>53415270
Applefag
>>
>>53416112
just die already you fcking b8rs who ignore good technology. Progress isn't always THE answer
>>
>>53416112
Define progress.
>>
>>53415459
this is what OP wants though
>>
>>53415270
>wireless charging tech

I was interested in this for about thirty seconds before I realized it means you can't use your phone for much of anything while it charges.
>>
So these thinner batteries are not going to struggle with bluetooth?
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.